No announcement yet.

Divide and Conquer (405)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another classic ep. I loved it, except the end when they started the first of their long line of killing off great characters. Poor Marty, why couldnt it be Arnise... oh yea we wouldnt have cared if it was arnise. At least Martys death wasnt contrived and had some type of meaning, unlike the others that follow.

Still some great lines and great acting and it did make me break out my Upgrades DVD to make sure I didnt miss anything the first time I saw this ep.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum
      True indeed. Anise/Freya's potential as a recurring character was inevitably cramped by the need to attire her in skimpy rubber whatnots and lumber her with that silly crush on Jack. Whether she would have been more acceptable had she worn Tok'ra Khaki Fatigues and left her libido at home, we'll never know. Going for the lust-bunny element killed off any chance we might have had to find out.
      Excellent point. She could have made a good semi-nemesis. I loved the hostility between Anise and Fraiser in Upgrades. It wasn't about the outfit, it was about the arrogance.

Comment

Ooh this episode is one of my favorites. The Tok'ra lie detector thing was an awesome way to force O'Neill and Carter to reveal their feelings. I had never seen a similar situation that I recall so this episode always sticks out in my mind as unique.

And no more Freya after this? WTH? Her and her tight outfit were great. She should be brought back posthaste.
        "I killed a city once. Funny story." - Wolverine

Comment

Originally posted by BigGator5
          I like the talk Jack and Daniel had about Anise/Freya. Classic scene!
          Jack: What?
          Daniel: What?

Gotta love it.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBadBob
            Do we have a zanax detector or not? I think this was the episode that that line was spoken. Classic.
            Another classic O'Neill line.

Originally posted by BigBadBob
            Among my favorite episodes.
            I just re-watched this today, what a great episode. After seeing Ripple Effect, I have been watching the old Martouf eps.

Comment

I LOVE this ep. Ok, so I'm a die hard shipper. I don't really like Anise...she can put on some clothes! Gee. Poor Martouf, he was alright for a Tok'ra. Why couldn't it have been Anise?

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                Another classic ep. I loved it, except the end when they started the first of their long line of killing off great characters. Poor Marty, why couldnt it be Arnise... oh yea we wouldnt have cared if it was arnise. At least Martys death wasnt contrived and had some type of meaning, unlike the others that follow.

Still some great lines and great acting and it did make me break out my Upgrades DVD to make sure I didnt miss anything the first time I saw this ep.
                yeah was quite upsetting when they killed ole marty since JR Bourne is such an awesome actor.

Oh jeepers so love the moments between Jack and Sam, one of the classic shippy moments. I love the flashback from the back mission when Sam says "Sir just go" and Jack yells"No"...that No gives me chills evertime and then the looks they give each other whoa!

*happy shippy sigh*

-JJ

sig by chlex

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
                  Jack: What?
                  Daniel: What?

Gotta love it.
                  yeah that's classic....I so heart Jack and Danny banter.

-JJ

sig by chlex

Comment

definately a sad episode Martouf was a great guy.
                    sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=cute_az_can_be]yeah was quite upsetting when they killed ole marty since JR Bourne is such an awesome actor.

Oh jeepers so love the moments between Jack and Sam, one of the classic shippy moments. I love the flashback from the back mission when Sam says "Sir just go" and Jack yells"No"...that No gives me chills evertime and then the looks they give each other whoa!

Oh yeah, you gotta love that. It is a pity they killed Martouf instead of some other deadbeat Tok'ra like... oh let's see...Anise! How could they truly keep it in that room? I can't wait for the day these 2 finally get together. Cheers shippers!
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

still one of my favourite episodes ever! next to threads (season 8)

absolutely love Sam/Jack!

the part when he finally confesses he cares about her, when he wants to sacrifise himself because her brain's worth more than his, actually every part of the episode was great.

Spoiler:
                        too bad jack's left the SGC and there are no more oppotunities for such a jack/sam moment. but he does come back in season 10 so here's hopin'!

Thank you Jenova Synthesis

Thank you to homever I borrowed this from

Comment

Haha I don't think they will ever get together but you never know.
                          sigpic

Comment

Too true. Not, at least, while they're both in the Military anyway. Jack would have to retire.

Again.

Originally posted by chelle db
                            and then the looks they give each other whoa!
                            Yes - those expressions are mega intense, aren't they? They say more than words ever could. It was fab. Even for a boring old "keep the 'ship off screen, please" kind of person like me.
                            sigpic

Comment

actually I've read somewhere that
                              Spoiler:
                              in S10 Jack's recently retired http://melyanna.livejournal.com/205413.html#cutid1 (thanks to melyanna) so who knows
                              Thank you Jenova Synthesis

Thank you to homever I borrowed this from

Comment

Not to be the ballbuster here, but how acurate do you think her info is?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X