No announcement yet.

Divide and Conquer (405)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was Jack's line (when they were going to sedate him)about having done the "drugged out strapped to the bed thing." (or something like that) Was that something we are supposed to know about or just guess at?

Comment

I think it was Mr. Prophet who said this was "the death of ship". Someone please pretend that I'm incredibly dense (actually, you won't have to pretend) and PLEASE explain to me how this killed ship. I thought this was the start of ship! If this wasn't, what was?

Comment

Originally posted by zats
        I think it was Mr. Prophet who said this was "the death of ship". Someone please pretend that I'm incredibly dense (actually, you won't have to pretend) and PLEASE explain to me how this killed ship. I thought this was the start of ship! If this wasn't, what was?
        Jack admits to caring about Sam. Sam must have some kind of reciprocity that she was denying to set off the detector, but she says: "None of this has to leave the room."

What does this mean? It means that she has chosen the job; that while she may care for Jack or be attracted to him sometimes, it's no big thing. That's how the ship - as far as specific writing goes - should have died.

Where did it start? Who can say with ship? Probably back in the Broca Divide with the tank top and the wrassling.
        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

I don't know. Caring doesn't have an on/off switch.

And thinking back, I'd've thought that ship started sometime second season. The deal with the Broca virus was just physical. That's not love/emotion--it's animal.

Comment

I don't know. Caring doesn't have an on/off switch.
            Never said it did; I just don't think that caring necessarily means hopping into bed, getting married or both. I think that Jack and Sam both care a lot about Daniel; I don't think either of them wants to sleep with him (although I am aware that there are those who will argue both cases).

Comment

Yeah, yeah, yeah...okay, I see your point. But still...I don't see how something could just "stay in the room" and be over and done with.

Comment

Yeah, yeah, yeah...okay, I see your point. But still...I don't see how something could just "stay in the room" and be over and done with.
                It can't; so all it can mean is that there was never anything so much to start with, see? That's why I say it killed the ship.

Comment

They said that it was "staying in the room". Doesn't mean it did, and it doesn't mean that they stopped caring.

Comment

They said that it was "staying in the room". Doesn't mean it did, and it doesn't mean that they stopped caring.
                    They said, none of this has to leave the room. Since at least two other people knew what went on, one of them an Air Force officer solely concerned with their wellbeing, they weren't talking about covering something up, shoving it aside or ignoring it. Therefore, Sam can only have meant that it wasn't something worth talking about; nothing, on her side at least, that would represent a breach of regs.

Nothing went away; there was nothing to start with, bar friendship and the occasional naught thought.

And will you please stop putting words in my mouth. I never said anything about anyone not caring; I said that caring doesn't mean sleeping together. Caring does not equal ship and - in a military context like SG-1, ship doesn't have to equal caring. Like love and marriage, you can perfectly well have one without the other.

Comment

Okay, okay, okay. I'm officially sorry for being a stubborn pain in the butt and for putting words in your mouth (accidental, I swear). You're probably not going to convince me and I probably won't be able to convince you. Truce?

Comment

Okay, okay, okay. I'm officially sorry for being a stubborn pain in the butt and for putting words in your mouth (accidental, I swear). You're probably not going to convince me and I probably won't be able to convince you. Truce?
                        For sure. I long ago accepted that shippers are strange, delusional creatures who won't listen to reason.

Comment

And I long ago accepted that anti-shippers have about as much a sense of romance in others as my vacuum cleaner.

Thank you.
                          Last edited by zats; 02 January 2005, 02:49 PM.

Comment

I love this episode, Sam having to kill Martouf was tragic, and I also loved how Sam and Jack could admit to each other how they felt but took it no further. I'm no shipper, but I thought Jack's admission was really sweet.

Stargate SG-1 Survivor - Season 2

Gateworld's Next Top Artist (NEW!)

B'elanna: This ship will not survive the formation of the cosmos...

Comment

This ep was really sucked. Too much shippyness and they killed Martouf. He was my favorite Tok'ra.

Comment

Also do they talk about Zatars later, because that is hugely unresolved. Do they find a way to test SG teams easier or do they do that little thingy everytime. Please tell me they talk about Zatars in another ep.

Comment

Working...
                                X