No announcement yet.

Divide and Conquer (405)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep they do though I think it's zatac (not positive though) (season 6 spoilers)
    Spoiler:
    in Allegience, the Tok'ra bring a zatac detector to the Alpha site and the possibility is considered that those who are found dead could have been zatacs
    So at least it didn't fall into the pool of ideas they never come back to.

Stargate SG-1 Survivor - Season 2

Gateworld's Next Top Artist (NEW!)

B'elanna: This ship will not survive the formation of the cosmos...

Comment

See, I've devised my own little theory for the zatarc stuff: Anise is evil and is the one behind the curtain pulling all the strings. She got them into the dratted armband incident in 'Upgrades', and she's the one who made Martouf a zatarc--not the goa'uld. With Lt. Astor, I'm thinking that the chair itself did something that made Astor go nuts and kill herself. That's also why Anise was the only one who's figured out how to test for zatarcs--she invented them! Haven't yet figured out a motive, but for a moment I'm settling for the possibility that she's simply psychopathic.

Okeedokee, so it's a little farfetched. But not nearly as farfetched as a galaxywide, hide-under-the-bed threat that turns out to be about as dangerous as Casper the Ghost.

Comment

Who would that be?
        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

If I have the name right, he's the title character in a sacchrine-sweet Halloween children's film called 'Casper the Friendly Ghost', which has somehow become something of a cult classic. As you may or may not have inferred from the title, it's about a poor little ghostling that doesn't want to scare anybody. Kinda sweet in a dumb way.

Comment

Originally posted by zats
            If I have the name right, he's the title character in a sacchrine-sweet Halloween children's film called 'Casper the Friendly Ghost', which has somehow become something of a cult classic. As you may or may not have inferred from the title, it's about a poor little ghostling that doesn't want to scare anybody. Kinda sweet in a dumb way.
            I know who Casper the Ghost is, I remember watching him on breakfast TV as a kid!

Question is, which Stargate bad guy are you comparing him with?
            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

This was a good, solid episode. The idea of Zatarcs is a clever, and makes sense. Why *wouldn't* the goa'uld develop something like this?

I love the Sam/Jack shippiness, although it did surprise me. Prior to this episode I was under the impression that Sam had a crush on Jack but that the feelings weren't really returned. I guess Jack is just very good at hiding his emotions...better than I thought he would be.

I was impressed that they killed Martouf, seeing as he's a pretty major character. I was quite saddened too as I liked his character, but I'm glad that Sam shot him before he shot himself. Well done Sam.

Comment

Ok they admitted their feelings for each other but they cant exactly go around the whole base telling everyone else. so when she said none of this has to leave the room i think she meant ok we both know how we feel about each other but because of the work relationship they did'nt want to compicate things.
                SAM & JACK 4EVER!!

Comment

Originally posted by fan of jack
                  Ok they admitted their feelings for each other but they cant exactly go around the whole base telling everyone else. so when she said none of this has to leave the room i think she meant ok we both know how we feel about each other but because of the work relationship they did'nt want to compicate things.
                  Fortunately, they also only 'fessed up in front of Janet and Teal'c. I can't think of any other people more suitable for this sort of thing (apart from Daniel, of course). Janet wouldn't ever betray a confidence, and gossip is just sooooooooooooooo far beneath Teal'c (could you really see him yakking over a water cooler?). Okay, Anise/Freya was there too, but (failed snog notwithstanding) she seems a pretty straight type when it comes to keeping a confidence.

Mind you, it was just as well that Hammond was busy elsewhere. That would have been one hell of a dilemma for him if he'd overheard it...
                  sigpic

Comment

Upon rewatching this ep, I've decided that I think it's Sam who is anti-Ship. She lovec Jack, but won't let herself get involved with him. Jack, who's less the 'think about it' sort, would probably gladly jump in, but Sam has told him, effectively, 'no'. This is my interpretation of the these lines between Sam and Jack:

Sam: 'Sir, none of this has to leave this room.' (read: just because we like each other doesn't mean we should get involved)
                    Jack: 'And we're ok with that?' (what, you don't WANT to get involved?)
                    Sam: 'Yes, sir.' (effectively, no, I don't )

Comment

Well, someone did say the other day that even though they're smart, the characters can be as dense as cheesecake sometimes. You'd think that after saving the planet on numerous occasions, you could get permission to date your CO/21C! I think President Hayes would be cool with that!

But if that had happened, we wouldn't have had four years of shippy tension!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                        Well, someone did say the other day that even though they're smart, the characters can be as dense as cheesecake sometimes. You'd think that after saving the planet on numerous occasions, you could get permission to date your CO/21C! I think President Hayes would be cool with that!
                        But that's not the point; it's not about being allowed to date, it's about morale and good order. If you're dating your 2IC you're prejudicing the chain of command. If you're even thinking regular naughty thoughts about your 2IC you really should get one of you reassigned, because you're putting everyone else on your team in danger otherwise. Moreover, if you're dating, then everyone else in your command will be thinking you're favouring them, even if your not. Favouritism is bad for morale; favouritism like saying that you can date your 2IC but nobody else can. Maybe Hayes is cool with it, but would Lieutenant Bloggs be down if he still couldn't date Major Smith? Or Sergeant Jones, who wants to marry Captain Davis, but isn't allowed to fraternise with the officer class?

Universally appropriate or not, the regulations exist for a reason.

That's why if Sam, a professional Air Force officer, says it doesn't need to be mentioned, there's nothing there worth mentioning.

But if that had happened, we wouldn't have had four years of shippy tension!
                        Bullet in the vermin head. Shame the PTB didn't leave it dead.
                        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

I think that was probably the sentiment behind Sam's assertion that none of what had just been said had to leave the room.

After all, Jack is now bound by protocol (and possibly regulations, too) to go and 'fess up to Hammond that he's got feelings for one of his team-members that are inappropriate. Needless to say, one or the other (possibly both) of them will be expected to go and work elsewhere - and possibly even leave the Mountain completely - to avoid any possible conflict of interest arising.

Sam's no fool (nor is Jack, for that matter), she's well aware that there would be no future for Jack in SG1 (or, quite possibly, for her) if they admit it publicly, and quite possibly no future in the USAF at all if they try to keep a relationship quiet and get found out. Lets face it, in a work situation where everyone has to trust everyone else (and is in each other's pockets a lot of the time) keeping an illicit affair hidden is absolute murder. They'd be found out in a matter of months, and then the smelly stuff would really crash into the whirly thing.

Perhaps that's why Jack is so incredulous. After all, he's an honourable man and the one thing he doesn't want to do is wreck Sam's career (I bet he'd even be willing to retire - again - if need be). Yet here she is suggesting they keep something so potentially explosive quiet - and carry the burden of having to 'be professional' for the rest of their time on SG1. I imagine there are quite a few people out there who will know just how much easier it is to agree to do that than it is to actually do it.

You could almost read the conversation like this:

Sam: Okay, we've proved we're not zatarcs, but only Janet and Teal'c know about this. They won't blab about it, and we don't have to go and 'fess up to the top brass what just came out in here. As long as we don't take things any further, and keep it professional, we won't be breaking any rules and we get to keep things as they are.

Jack: You're willing to do that? It's not going to be that easy, you know.

Sam: Maybe not. But given the alternatives, what choice do we have? I know it sucks, but it's this or nothing. I'm prepared to live with it.

Well, that's my take on it.
                          sigpic

Comment

This was a okay episode, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum
                              I think that was probably the sentiment behind Sam's assertion that none of what had just been said had to leave the room.

After all, Jack is now bound by protocol (and possibly regulations, too) to go and 'fess up to Hammond that he's got feelings for one of his team-members that are inappropriate. Needless to say, one or the other (possibly both) of them will be expected to go and work elsewhere - and possibly even leave the Mountain completely - to avoid any possible conflict of interest arising.

Sam's no fool (nor is Jack, for that matter), she's well aware that there would be no future for Jack in SG1 (or, quite possibly, for her) if they admit it publicly, and quite possibly no future in the USAF at all if they try to keep a relationship quiet and get found out. Lets face it, in a work situation where everyone has to trust everyone else (and is in each other's pockets a lot of the time) keeping an illicit affair hidden is absolute murder. They'd be found out in a matter of months, and then the smelly stuff would really crash into the whirly thing.

Perhaps that's why Jack is so incredulous. After all, he's an honourable man and the one thing he doesn't want to do is wreck Sam's career (I bet he'd even be willing to retire - again - if need be). Yet here she is suggesting they keep something so potentially explosive quiet - and carry the burden of having to 'be professional' for the rest of their time on SG1. I imagine there are quite a few people out there who will know just how much easier it is to agree to do that than it is to actually do it.

You could almost read the conversation like this:

Sam: Okay, we've proved we're not zatarcs, but only Janet and Teal'c know about this. They won't blab about it, and we don't have to go and 'fess up to the top brass what just came out in here. As long as we don't take things any further, and keep it professional, we won't be breaking any rules and we get to keep things as they are.

Jack: You're willing to do that? It's not going to be that easy, you know.

Sam: Maybe not. But given the alternatives, what choice do we have? I know it sucks, but it's this or nothing. I'm prepared to live with it.

Well, that's my take on it.
                              You just about took the words out of mouth. What else can I say? I really enjoyed the episode because of that scene, and the ones that went directly before it. I feel it was the true beginning of the Sam/Jack ship, but that's just my opinion.
                              "After all is said and done, more is said, than done." - Unknown

Comment

I liked the episode. But I would have thought they'd try to see if the Asgard or Nox could help take the programming out of anyone's brain who had been planted as a Zatarc.

Comment

Working...
                                X