Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Smile Re: Divide and Conquer (405)

Quote Originally Posted by Ascendant
    Actually, when Sam said that it wouldn't "leave the room" she meant it literally. Every night when everyone else has left the base they run back to that room, lock the doors and get on with the lovin'.
    LMAO

Captain

Default Re: Divide and Conquer (405)

I dunno. I guess I just have a hard time believing that the People in Charge would be that...shallow? Create a character exclusively for sex appeal? I mean, I'm sure it was a consideration (frankly Sam is fairly boyish and Janet is too maternal), but it doesn't seem like it would be the exclusive drive to creating a character that's so useful to the plot.
    Believe it. It's a matter of official record that this was the sole reason for introducing Anise. Many of the crew, from directors to producers, to the execs themselves have stated so unequivocally in the past in interviews etc. A single exec had been watching the press attention Seven was getting and figured a similar sexy, skimpily-dressed alien on SG1 might bump up ratings too. It's not so much a question of being shallow as it is doing what execs do. They watch the trends, see what's working elsewhere, and jump on the current bandwagon to adopt those ideas for their own shows in the hope that they'll achieve a similar reaction. And there are few shows out there which don't bow down to the Great God Teen Guy Demographic. If they can pander to that one, they'll jump at the chance. Whatever it takes.

Sadly, even SG1 execs have a brain lapse now and then. But, you know, for the most part they've kept their sticky little mitts off the show. Much more than execs on other shows have. So that's to their credit.

Albion
    Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

True indeed. Anise/Freya's potential as a recurring character was inevitably cramped by the need to attire her in skimpy rubber whatnots and lumber her with that silly crush on Jack. Whether she would have been more acceptable had she worn Tok'ra Khaki Fatigues and left her libido at home, we'll never know. Going for the lust-bunny element killed off any chance we might have had to find out.

Ohio, USA,Earth. I only work in outer space.

IMO, this was an ok ep, kind of lost the flair when Anise/Freya came onto Jack. That seemed a little off.
    All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.
    http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...lcdrskrit1.gif
    http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...s/skritsys.jpg
    Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
    Pay it forward

Chevron Re: Divide and Conquer (405)

I like the talk Jack and Daniel had about Anise/Freya. Classic scene!

Ohio, USA,Earth. I only work in outer space.

any scene with Jack and Daniel are going to be good.
    All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.
    http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...lcdrskrit1.gif
    http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...s/skritsys.jpg
    Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
    Pay it forward

Chevron Re: Divide and Conquer (405)

I also have an idea for Anise/Vala...

Wow this was a fantastic episode with something for everyone! Seriously, I dont think I blinked at all during this ep!!!
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Quote Originally Posted by PtahTheCreationGod
    Wow this was a fantastic episode with something for everyone! Seriously, I dont think I blinked at all during this ep!!!

Ouch - bet your eyes were sore afterwards!

Definitely a cracker of an episode - assassins in such deep cover that even they don't know about it. Not to mention getting sidetracked by the whole thing!

Chief Master Sergeant BigBadBob's Avatar

Do we have a zanax detector or not? I think this was the episode that that line was spoken. Classic.

And the, Yep, these are the Jack O'Neill moments I would miss the most. When Jack is jsut sitting there, folling around with a yo-yo, when he could go crazy and kill himself at any moment.

Among my favorite episodes.
    http://x4.putfile.com/9/24622170755.gif
    24/7 Wake - KrackHouse server: 69.28.221.211:16567
    24/7 Groundpounders - Krackhouse: 69.28.221.210:16567
    Both heavily admined.

Another classic ep. I loved it, except the end when they started the first of their long line of killing off great characters. Poor Marty, why couldnt it be Arnise... oh yea we wouldnt have cared if it was arnise. At least Martys death wasnt contrived and had some type of meaning, unlike the others that follow.

Still some great lines and great acting and it did make me break out my Upgrades DVD to make sure I didnt miss anything the first time I saw this ep.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaka's_Mum
    True indeed. Anise/Freya's potential as a recurring character was inevitably cramped by the need to attire her in skimpy rubber whatnots and lumber her with that silly crush on Jack. Whether she would have been more acceptable had she worn Tok'ra Khaki Fatigues and left her libido at home, we'll never know. Going for the lust-bunny element killed off any chance we might have had to find out.
    Excellent point. She could have made a good semi-nemesis. I loved the hostility between Anise and Fraiser in Upgrades. It wasn't about the outfit, it was about the arrogance.

Ooh this episode is one of my favorites. The Tok'ra lie detector thing was an awesome way to force O'Neill and Carter to reveal their feelings. I had never seen a similar situation that I recall so this episode always sticks out in my mind as unique.

And no more Freya after this? WTH? Her and her tight outfit were great. She should be brought back posthaste.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGator5
    I like the talk Jack and Daniel had about Anise/Freya. Classic scene!
    Jack: What?
    Daniel: What?

Gotta love it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBob
    Do we have a zanax detector or not? I think this was the episode that that line was spoken. Classic.
    Another classic O'Neill line.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBob
    Among my favorite episodes.
    I just re-watched this today, what a great episode. After seeing Ripple Effect, I have been watching the old Martouf eps.

I LOVE this ep. Ok, so I'm a die hard shipper. I don't really like Anise...she can put on some clothes! Gee. Poor Martouf, he was alright for a Tok'ra. Why couldn't it have been Anise?

Lieutenant Colonel cute_az_can_be's Avatar
    a couple provinces away from the Stargate

Quote Originally Posted by AGateFan
    Another classic ep. I loved it, except the end when they started the first of their long line of killing off great characters. Poor Marty, why couldnt it be Arnise... oh yea we wouldnt have cared if it was arnise. At least Martys death wasnt contrived and had some type of meaning, unlike the others that follow.

Still some great lines and great acting and it did make me break out my Upgrades DVD to make sure I didnt miss anything the first time I saw this ep.
    yeah was quite upsetting when they killed ole marty since JR Bourne is such an awesome actor.

Oh jeepers so love the moments between Jack and Sam, one of the classic shippy moments. I love the flashback from the back mission when Sam says "Sir just go" and Jack yells"No"...that No gives me chills evertime and then the looks they give each other whoa!

*happy shippy sigh*

-JJ

Lieutenant Colonel cute_az_can_be's Avatar
    a couple provinces away from the Stargate

Quote Originally Posted by HirogenGater
    Jack: What?
    Daniel: What?

Gotta love it.
    yeah that's classic....I so heart Jack and Danny banter.

-JJ

Lieutenant Colonel captain jake's Avatar

definately a sad episode Martouf was a great guy.

Heart Re: Divide and Conquer (405)

[QUOTE=cute_az_can_be]yeah was quite upsetting when they killed ole marty since JR Bourne is such an awesome actor.

Oh jeepers so love the moments between Jack and Sam, one of the classic shippy moments. I love the flashback from the back mission when Sam says "Sir just go" and Jack yells"No"...that No gives me chills evertime and then the looks they give each other whoa!

Oh yeah, you gotta love that. It is a pity they killed Martouf instead of some other deadbeat Tok'ra like... oh let's see...Anise! How could they truly keep it in that room? I can't wait for the day these 2 finally get together. Cheers shippers!

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast