Crossroads (404)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
    Bra'tac being...dare I say...slightly patronising...
    Bra'tac has been patronizing from his first appearance. I like him, and I think this is one place where TPTB got the realism bit right--it takes Bra'tac quite a while to come to admire Jack. Given the amount of time he spends with him, that makes a lot of sense.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

My LiveJournal post
      "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
      "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
      "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
      "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
      >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
        Bra'tac has been patronizing from his first appearance. I like him, and I think this is one place where TPTB got the realism bit right--it takes Bra'tac quite a while to come to admire Jack. Given the amount of time he spends with him, that makes a lot of sense.

Seaboe
        Personally, I think they both had a healthy respect for one another after their first adventure together. They just like to tweak each other's noses. It's a guy thing.

Comment

This is an episode is one that I appreciate more during this rewatch, then I did the first time around.

It’s a bitter-sweet episode; I get caught up in Shau'nac’s faith and hope about communicating with her symbiote, and then her symbiote betrays her. She dies, thinking her sacrifice has been in vain.

Teal’c doesn’t get many on screen kisses—love them!
          Great dialog:

Jack: Brac’tac you’ve changed your hair.
          Shau'nac classifying Jack as Teal’c’s apprentice

A nce bit with Shau'nac and Hammond
          Shau'nac: Hammond of Texas, a great and strong leader among humans
          Hammond just eats this up!

Jack: I think what Teal’c is trying to say…
          Teal’c: I have said precisely what I mean.
          (happens twice)

Daniel: She’s a temple priestess, they don’t date much

Comment

I have always liked this episode. It delivers on so many levels. Shau'nac is nothing but a plot device for the story and characterization of Teal'c. And I am okay with that because I find both interesting. Characterization of Teal'c is seriously neglected at time. He doesn't seem to get as much episodes as the rest of SG-1 so exploring his relationship with Shau'nac and the idea of turning a Goa'uld was interesting to watch. It taught it us more about their biology. And plus it introduce Tanith as a villian who I thought was always an interesting adversary.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
              Theres a part of the episode im kind of confused about. Maybe someone has a theory.
              How did Teal'c symbiote know of Teal'c fathers death, he would have had to have been the offsrping of a queen who witnessed the event (maybe that lady) but then how did Apophis's priests get the symbiote? (maybe they stole it, or that queen traded sides)
              The symbiote in Teal'c has all of the genetic memory of it's ancestors (not just the queen...but both parents...it has been speculated from comments on the show that Gou'ald can reproduce from queen only or from a combination). Since Teal'c's father was First Prime of Cronus when Teal'c was young, I can only assume that the first symbiote he received was decended from Cronus.

The problem with this is that the symbiote would have matured and been replaced (usually takes @ 10 years) or have been killed and replaced by one of Apophos' symbiotes. I think that this can qualify as a writing inconsistency.

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
              As if you could believe that a Goa'uld would be sorry for what it was and turn over a new leaf so to speak!!!
              Well...Egeria did, and the indication in 'The Tok'ra' ep seems to be that in the early days, there were those like Egeria that defected to their side...so they have grounds to believe it is possible, even though it hasn't happened in years (or centuries). I believe that they were still cautiously optimistic...
              sigpic
              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                The symbiote in Teal'c has all of the genetic memory of it's ancestors (not just the queen...but both parents...it has been speculated from comments on the show that Gou'ald can reproduce from queen only or from a combination). Since Teal'c's father was First Prime of Cronus when Teal'c was young, I can only assume that the first symbiote he received was decended from Cronus.

The problem with this is that the symbiote would have matured and been replaced (usually takes @ 10 years) or have been killed and replaced by one of Apophos' symbiotes. I think that this can qualify as a writing inconsistency.
                It takes 7-8 years for a symbiote to mature (inside a Jaffa, don't know about normal aquatic environment) and in one of the extra scenes of the pilot (Final Cut) Teal'c states this is his twelfth symbiote. It's unclear when Teal'c and his mother went over to Apophis' side but I also assume he'd already gotten his prim'ta (from Cronus) at the time.

A lot is still unclear and never explained by the show about Queens and how Goa'uld reproduce. I too believe Queens can either fertilize their own eggs or use the sperm of a male (host). In reality the whole genetic memory thing is highly unlikely, but going with canon facts the fact is that two Goa'uld having an offspring can result in having a harsesis, who would have all the knowledge of the Goa'uld. So clearly there is such a thing as genetic memory from ancestors. Another thing we don't know is how one would get a Queen; it's possible that the System Lords keep and control the Queens somewhere and in effect control the Goa'uld population and decide who gets more prim'ta and who doesn't by distributing prim'ta (randomly) gathered from the Queens. After Egeria and Hathor it makes sense for the other Goa'uld to be wary of Queens and how much influence they have on their offspring. Using this theory, it's possible that the symbiote Daniel and Sam captured on Chulak and gave to Teal'c was related to Cronus or the Queen who was related to Cronus or one of his minions who witnessed what happened to Ronac.
                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post

Well...Egeria did, and the indication in 'The Tok'ra' ep seems to be that in the early days, there were those like Egeria that defected to their side...so they have grounds to believe it is possible, even though it hasn't happened in years (or centuries). I believe that they were still cautiously optimistic...
                  My guess was that Teal'c must have originally witnessed his father's death and it was that memory that Junior dredged up.
                  I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

It is always of interest to learn more of Teal'c's past. Given his age, it is no wonder he has associations and possibly even other wives that make up his history. So, to see such sparkage when the priestess walks down the ramp is not too surprising, though Daniel does have a point about the lack of dating opportunities. Bad boy?

Comment

Don't like those snakes :@@

Comment

Sucks for the host, getting trapped inside his own body with a psychotic mass murdering snake.

The Tokra don't seem to mind letting that happen. Anise says the host knew the risks - seems she does a lot of apologizing after the fact, and making sincere claims about good intentions for really bad consequences. She doesn't tell the humans the Tokra won't be sharing information until after they secure Tanith, she doesn't tell the humans they suspected Tanith was lying until after they call her out on it (though Anise assures the humans she totally didn't suspect it when she told them he wasn't).

Worst of all, when she delivers the body of Shaunoc to the SGC, she implies to Teal'c that it's their fault for waiting too long before handing the Goauld over ("Shaunoc's death is simply the unfortunate result of waiting too long.")

Which is a straight-up lie in two ways. First, the Tokra hadn't procured a replacement symbiote yet, so she'd be dead without it.

But second, and more importantly, the Tokra already suspected that Tanith had murdered Shaunoc, if we're to believe Anise's little apology later on. So Anise already knew Shaunoc's death was suspicious, but chose to tell a grieving man that it's probably his fault and the fault of his friends that his girlfriend's dead. She didn't need to say that, and she definitely didn't need to say it at that moment, so the only explanation is that she wanted to remove any suspicion of blame from the Tokra preemptively by laying the blame at the foot of the SGC first.

Manipulative little pixie, isn't she.

Comment

I was a bit confused in this episode, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Teal'c married? When he kissed her I was shocked, I didn't think Teal'c would cheat on his wife, just doesn't seem Teal'cish to me.
                          Just because something is unknown, does not necessarily mean that it needs to be feared. Trust yourself, and the rest will unfold. ~Teyla Emmagen~

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate Atlantis Girl View Post
                            I was a bit confused in this episode, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Teal'c married? When he kissed her I was shocked, I didn't think Teal'c would cheat on his wife, just doesn't seem Teal'cish to me.
                            In Season 2, we found out that Drey'auc had her marriage to Teal'c "removed" since she thought he was most likely dead. Then she married Frotac, much toTeal'c's dismay. Frotac wound up getting himself killed, so Drey'auc was a widow (for real). But she and Teal'c never remarried. At least, nothing was ever said about them getting remarried.

Comment

Originally posted by skim172 View Post
                              Worst of all, when she delivers the body of Shaunoc to the SGC, she implies to Teal'c that it's their fault for waiting too long before handing the Goauld over ("Shaunoc's death is simply the unfortunate result of waiting too long.")

Which is a straight-up lie in two ways. First, the Tokra hadn't procured a replacement symbiote yet, so she'd be dead without it.
                              The Tok'ra did procure a replacement symbiote for Shaunac, because Tanith killed it when he killed Shaunac. He did it the same way that Cronus killed Teal'c's father, by reaching into the pouch and crushing the symbiote, which in turn caused the death of Shaunac.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                                In Season 2, we found out that Drey'auc had her marriage to Teal'c "removed" since she thought he was most likely dead. Then she married Frotac, much toTeal'c's dismay. Frotac wound up getting himself killed, so Drey'auc was a widow (for real). But she and Teal'c never remarried. At least, nothing was ever said about them getting remarried.
                                Ahhh yes, I remember that now. Thanks!
                                Just because something is unknown, does not necessarily mean that it needs to be feared. Trust yourself, and the rest will unfold. ~Teyla Emmagen~

Comment

Working...
                                X