No announcement yet.

Crossroads (404)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some good background on Teal'c was the only real good bit in this one. Tanith was very convincing as a Tok'ra which s creepy. It was good to see how Teal'c shows his emotions a bit and to see how his dad got killed by Chronus.

Comment

I think Methos.........i mean Tanith was one of my least favorite system lords. But I did not like this episode much (I really can't remember one minute of this episode........only 3 episodes of Stargate have ever done that to me)

Comment

I saw this again the other day on the sci-fi channel and thought I'd toss in my 2 cents.

I also didn't like the romance part. I'm very into the good guys being loyal to their wives even when apart for so long, and when they don't it's a bummer. I did like how we got to see more of the Tok'ra being decietful and selfish again. It's cool how we can have allies that we don't really like, much more interesting than everyone being one big happy family.

I wonder if the goa'uld had been placed in a female host if we wouldn't have been so suspicious. By being placed in a male host there was an instant aggressiveness and I just wonder if the real motives for the goa'uld could have been hidden better in a smaller pretty girl.
        It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Originally posted by walter_MacChevron
          I think Methos.........i mean Tanith was one of my least favorite system lords. But I did not like this episode much (I really can't remember one minute of this episode........only 3 episodes of Stargate have ever done that to me)
          I always can remember the part when Teal'c nails Peter Deluise but thats about it. I like the actor that plays Methos (i mean Tanith) but I liked him a lot better in Highlander. I also like Jacks reaction to the Tokra scrwin them over again. But thats about it. Deluise run over and Jack snarkiness.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons

I also didn't like the romance part. I'm very into the good guys being loyal to their wives even when apart for so long, and when they don't it's a bummer. I did like how we got to see more of the Tok'ra being decietful and selfish again. It's cool how we can have allies that we don't really like, much more interesting than everyone being one big happy family.
            well I lliked that part..
            I prefer it when the good guys arent always good in every situation...
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....30&postcount=9
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....9&postcount=18
            Originally posted by Jonzey
            Hardcore nudity means not just without clothes, but without skin. You can't get much more hardcore nude than that.

Comment

I relay thought teal'c was going nuts in this episode, im sorry but that girl was crazy what is he thinking.
              sigpic

Comment

What bothers me about this episode is that Tealc and Shaunac have sex when she is in a lot of pain. It seems she did it to help convince Tealc about the goodness of her symbiote. It was cruel of Tealc to take advantage of her at this time. He should have waited until she was free of the over-aged larvae and feeling better. (Or, not done it at all, since he was married, as others have pointed out.)

Comment

I don't remember them having sex? They kissed but I don't think that implied anything else.
                  sigpic
                  "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                  DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

I have mixed feelings about this episode. Teal'c's relationship with Shaunac bothers me a little in that Teal'c was (is?) married, and is usually so honourable; I would have liked a bit more explanation here.

I was never fully convinced about trusting the symbiote before the Tok'ra implanted it, but the concept of the host communicating with a symbiote was interesting; I'd have liked to have explored Teal'c's relationship with his symbiote in more depth.
                    sigpic
                    Please don't laugh, this is one of my first attempts at a banner.

Comment

I am in agreement that it was strange for the honorable teal'c to be having an affair with this lass while he was married and then continuing it afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        I am in agreement that it was strange for the honorable teal'c to be having an affair with this lass while he was married and then continuing it afterwards.
                        Yes, that really is bugging me. It just seems to unlike Teal'c. We really could have used some more explanation, IMHO.
                        sigpic
                        Please don't laugh, this is one of my first attempts at a banner.

Comment

Just rewatched this epiosde after not eeing it for a long time. IU use to hate it, and it was on my worst episode list. However, now being older, more mature and after seeing some of the episodes in Series 9-10. I actually can like this episode.

What I never use to notice, because i was waiting for some action to start was all the intresting facts about the jaffa, Tok'ra and Goa'uld revealed in this episode. Like:
                          - Jaffa can communicate with their lava
                          - Teal'cs Goa'uld "Junier" hates Teal'c and so shows him his fathers death.
                          - we find out how Teal'cs father died
                          - We 1rst hear of the origin of the Tok'ra. latter to be finnished in "the cure"
                          - A few Goa'uld joined the Tok'ra by choice in their early years.
                          - Only one spawn of Tok'ra werid ever born, and none of them new queens. There theirs a fixed number (like the asgard)
                          - Bra' Tac tells people that Jack is Teal'c apperentice lol
                          - Lots of hot actresses make a good episode

One thing I never liked however, was Teal'c cheating on his wife! He may be an Alien, but still!
                          sigpic
                          Banner Made By Me for Me
                          The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

I never liked that part either, but who knows, maybe he had a relationship with her before he met and married.//

Comment

Originally posted by Hex.FTB.enabled View Post
                              When I first saw it my immediate reaction was "hey, I thought Teal'c was married!" and they never really resolved that.
                              I know, which is exactly why I'm not going to watch it today.

Teal'c the adulterer? No thank you.

Though it does make for a good joke - "It was not Tanith who actually killed Shau'nac - it was Drey'auc performing the rite of Kelmar'tokim!"

Comment

This was not a good season for Teal'c at all. First of all they start putting loads of makeup on him and let's not forget the Twinkie on his chin. However, putting appearances aside he is like a boy flexing his muscles in this episode. Making sure he is the dominate male and at the same time dominating the women. I don't know how to explain further, all I can say is why was he wearing lipstick!!

Now let's discuss Shau'nac and how big of a drama queen she was. I do have to say that she is amazingly beautiful. However, she is a complete nut case that was played way over the top. The Tok'ra dealt with this sittuation quite well, except for the fact that they weren't planning on telling the SGC. I was very impressed that they realized what Tanith was from the beginning.

As for the villain of the episode, Tanith gives a completely new meaning to the term "love to hate bad guy". It gets much worse in future episodes, but you can tell that he is going to be a brilliant bad guy from the very beginning.

I liked the idea of this episode, but the reality was very different.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X