• Show
Clear All

The Tok'ra make Jack grumpy.

Rating: 8/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2...rossroads.html
    My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
    http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ugh. Anise again. My opinion on the Tokra is the same as Jack's. He is right to be suspicious.

Tealc! You are married! I though you had Honor?! At least your wife had a reasonable excuse for marrying another. So disappointed here.

Did the Tokra tell Hebron that there is still some suspicion as to the true nature of the symbiote they are offering him? I bet they didn't. Just be the way the trasference happened, I've already confirmed that something is wrong.

I found it very hard to believe the claim of Tealc's lady friend. By their very nature, IMO, goa'uld are born evil if their parents were evil. It's literally in their genes. The Tokra is different in that they were parented by good goa'uld, said Anise, IIRC.

Just an okay episode for me. There were a few funny Jack moments. And Hebron/Tanith was Methos in the Highlander Tv series, right? Methos is my fave character in that show for the same reason Jack is my fave in SG1. It's the sarcasm/snarkiness.
      Last edited by L E E; 11 July 2008, 05:17 AM.

Comment

I don't understand how this genetic memory works.

For Teal'c's symbiote to know the circumstances of his father's death, the symbiote he carries must be a descendant from a Goa'uld present at his father's death? Or does every symbiote receive all the memories of every Goa'uld having lived before it? And how does that even work? Memories get imprinted genetically, and when the Goa'uld dies it... what? Goes back to every queen? Or is more like Jung's collective unconscious, only genetic? I get confused.

And about symbiotes and names. Are they born/spawned with names and identities? The symbiote within Shan'auc became the Goa'uld Tinith when it entered the host Hebron. How did it know it's name was Tinith? Who gave it name and when?

Comment

My guess is that 'Teal'c' was present at his father's death and that the symbiote accsessed 'his' memories!
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
            My guess is that 'Teal'c' was present at his father's death and that the symbiote accsessed 'his' memories!
            I have no idea what your talking about, how was Teal'c present at his father's death? Please explain?

Comment

Well how else is Teal'c's symbiote going to remember his father's death?
              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                Well how else is Teal'c's symbiote going to remember his father's death?
                symbiots contain all the memories of all other gou'lds and it found a memory which would cause teal'c to be fearful of the gou'ld, or try cause fear anyway.

Comment

Finally, sometime last week, some website put together a list of their favorite episode titles. Alas, Stargate failed to make the list. To rectify that oversight, I’ve decided to put together a list of My Top 10 Favorite Stargate Titles:

**snip**

8) Crossroads: We were once pitched a freelance story which the author titled, broadly enough, Turn of Events. Really? Something is going to happen in this episode? How fitting then! Sure, we all made fun of the title at the time, but Paul was quick to point out that we’d been just as guilty several years earlier with this episode title, Crossroads. Really? Someone faces a tough decision in this episode? How fitting then!
                  http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...pisode-titles/
                  sigpic
                  The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

How many enemies can one guy have. Tanith just adds to the extremely long list.
                    Some say that he has only one ear.
                    And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                    All we know is he's called
                    sigpic

Comment

Tanith made a really good bad guy, there was just something about him you loved to hate. Good job by the actor in portraying a convincing villain.

Comment

I think Teal'c judgement was completely clouded by the relationship with his former girlfriend. Having been deceived by and involved in so many battles with the Goa'uld he should be clearly understood that 'Goa'uld cannot be trusted'. I feel sorry for the Tokra who have done so much but ended up invited a spy into their world
                        Spoiler:
                        and ended up leaving their home and moving to a new one due to the disclosure of their hideaway by the spy.
                        sigpic
                        Sign by me

Comment

It appears I was not the only one to be astonished(if that is the correct word) by the behaviour of Teal'c this episode. He was, after all, supposed to be married...

Also I felt it was very obvious that the Goa'uld was going to turn out the way he did. So far I have not watched any longer in the series, but judging by the responses to this topic I guess Tanith will be of further nuisance in the future... I suppose he will find a way to escape, as the bad guys always seem to be able to.. (well, I suppose the good guys have had their escapes too )

However, I would have thought that the Tok'ra would be more prudent than to keep him like that. And I am very rapidly gaining sympathy with O'Neill's view of the Tok'ra.
                          “This is a crisis. A large crisis. In fact, if you got a moment, it's a twelve-story crisis with a magnificent entrance hall, carpeting throughout, 24-hour portage, and an enormous sign on the roof, saying 'This Is a Large Crisis'. A large crisis requires a large plan. Get me two pencils and a pair of underpants.”

- Edmund Blackadder

Comment

Aren't Teal'c and his wife estranged at this point? I mean she married someone else. I'm not sure I get why everyone thinks Teal'c was cheating on his wife. Did I miss something? I don't think they said that Shau'nac and Teal'c were together while Teal'c was married, it seems like they've known each other since childhood or something.

Enough with Anise, the end of her storyline can't come soon enough for me. I understand that the point seems to be that we are out there all alone, that even our allies can't be entirely trusted or relied upon. But enough with the Tok'ra not sharing. We get it already.

Comment

Jack saying "serious sparkage"
                              Anise again Ugh.
                              Lots and lots of candles.
                              Squeeeeee Peter Wingfield/Tanith/Hebron! too bad he's a bad guy.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pic View Post
                                Aren't Teal'c and his wife estranged at this point? I mean she married someone else. I'm not sure I get why everyone thinks Teal'c was cheating on his wife. Did I miss something? I don't think they said that Shau'nac and Teal'c were together while Teal'c was married, it seems like they've known each other since childhood or something.
                                Teal'c's wife was married to Fro'tak, but only to protect Rya'c and give him a proper home. In "Family" she admits that she still loves Teal'c and they kiss. When Fro'tak sees them kissing, he feels betrayed and goes to rat them out to Apophis. Then Jack kills him. So as far as we know at the end of "Family", Teal'c and Drey'auc are still together. Clearly he knew Shau'nac from childhood - they talk about when they were children together - but there is still a significant lack of explanation as to why they are fraternising in this ep when as far as we know Teal'c and Drey'auc are still together.

Originally posted by Descent View Post
                                I don't remember them having sex? They kissed but I don't think that implied anything else.
                                He doesn't come out of her room until the next morning - what were they doing, playing poker?

Comment

Working...
                                X