Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Major General

Default Re: Crossroads (404)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathraxus View Post
    I actually more felt sorry for Hebron than Shaun'ac. Here is a guy who volunteered to become a host in the knowledge he was going to get a new addition to the Tok'ra ranks.. and then he spends the next 2 years of his life murdering people and civilisations.

Peter Wingfield did play Tanith well though.
    True.. It would have been a living hell for him.

But it was much more interesting the way it was done!!!
    CARPE DIEM
    ANJA

Staff Sergeant

oh yeah.. it was a great storyline. The show did have some great Minor Go'auld enemies. I think Nirrti was more interesting AFTER she was no longer a System Lord, Hathor, Zipnaca, Tanith, Imhotep.

I really put Tanith and Zipnaca in the same basket.

So, we basically have an old flame of Teal'c come in, and tell everyone she's made contact with her symbiote and convinced it to break rank and fight against the Goa'uld. She manages to convince Teal'c into believing that she was indeed capable of such a thing, communion with her kal'ma, and that it wants to assist the Tok'ra and give up all its Goa'uld secrets.

But surprise, surprise... Tanith has deceived Shaunac, tricked her into thinking she made a difference in its life, and kills her to proof its point. The Tok'ra see through his deception and think they can use that to their advantage.

It was great to see Anise/Freya again.

Not so great was the team's first arrival on Vorash. The people walking towards the two waiting figures did not match the team's configuration as they ring down: 3 green figures, 2 brown ones -- which should have been 4 green ones and 1 brown one. Reused stock image was out of place.

How would you rate SG-1's "Crossroads?"

Excellent
    Good
    Fair
    Poor
    Terrible

Even with Anise/Freya's presence, I can't find anything great about this episode. Yes, Tanith is a pretty cool addition to the Goa'uld firmament but the story is a little too meh for my taste.

3-episode quiz: this way!

And the jigsaw puzzle for Crossroads.
    Last edited by Falcon Horus; April 1st, 2018 at 03:58 PM.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1201&dateline=1311771170
    icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

Im in complete disagreement FH. I love this episode because of the SG1 characters, Tealc is the most underused characters. Well until RDA starts phoning it in. But that is a discussion for another day. I love seeing the interaction between Tealc and Shaunac. I don't think they love one another anymore but it's clear they care about one another. Plus I always love learning more about Goa'uld society. Yes Tanith double crossing us is obvious but I like the Tokra being devious to useing him. If their is one compliant it's Jack's anger to the Tokra. 05:34, beat that FH
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

I didn't beat it -- too dark an image and I'm currently outside so too much light: 08:35
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1201&dateline=1311771170
    icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

Chief Master Sergeant Who Knows's Avatar

7:16. Middle of the road, I'm improving.

Quote Originally Posted by Who Knows View Post
    Aw, this one's cute.

And yes, practice makes perfect, they say... or so I've heard anyway.

Chief Master Sergeant Who Knows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Aw, this one's cute.

And yes, practice makes perfect, they say... or so I've heard anyway.
    We have a cute octet too

Just re-watched this episode last week and I must admit it made me smile a bit to see how gullible the SGC was in regards to Shau'nac revelations.

Couple things that stood out of this episode for me:

• The ever growing mistrust: You can see how both faction are totally polarized on the approach to fight the Goa'ulds. Tok'ra are much more cloak and dagger, also willingly keeping the SGC in the dark and omit to divulge many important details. Makes you realize Tok'ra are on our side, but remain symbiotes all the same with the deception and intelligence that comes with them.
    • Pissed off ; just rams through a bunch of Tok'ra, always funny. Jaffa revenge incoming.
    • Tanith is one of my favorite villain, this guy is so manipulative, love the actor.
    • Anise, because of reasons.
    • Teal'c possibly had an affair before? With a priestess of the temple! *insert sassy voice here*: Oh my gaawd!

Morale is: Never trust a snake.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
    Teal'c possibly had an affair before? With a priestess of the temple! *insert sassy voice here*: Oh my gaawd!