Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Chief Master Sergeant Harlan's Speechwriter's Avatar

Default Re: Crossroads (404)

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    I am in agreement that it was strange for the honorable teal'c to be having an affair with this lass while he was married and then continuing it afterwards.
    Yes, that really is bugging me. It just seems to unlike Teal'c. We really could have used some more explanation, IMHO.
    Please don't laugh, this is one of my first attempts at a banner.

Just rewatched this epiosde after not eeing it for a long time. IU use to hate it, and it was on my worst episode list. However, now being older, more mature and after seeing some of the episodes in Series 9-10. I actually can like this episode.

What I never use to notice, because i was waiting for some action to start was all the intresting facts about the jaffa, Tok'ra and Goa'uld revealed in this episode. Like:
    - Jaffa can communicate with their lava
    - Teal'cs Goa'uld "Junier" hates Teal'c and so shows him his fathers death.
    - we find out how Teal'cs father died
    - We 1rst hear of the origin of the Tok'ra. latter to be finnished in "the cure"
    - A few Goa'uld joined the Tok'ra by choice in their early years.
    - Only one spawn of Tok'ra werid ever born, and none of them new queens. There theirs a fixed number (like the asgard)
    - Bra' Tac tells people that Jack is Teal'c apperentice lol
    - Lots of hot actresses make a good episode

One thing I never liked however, was Teal'c cheating on his wife! He may be an Alien, but still!
    Banner Made By Me for Me
    The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Major General

I never liked that part either, but who knows, maybe he had a relationship with her before he met and married.//

Staff Sergeant EnterTheWormhole's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hex.FTB.enabled View Post
    When I first saw it my immediate reaction was "hey, I thought Teal'c was married!" and they never really resolved that.
    I know, which is exactly why I'm not going to watch it today.

Teal'c the adulterer? No thank you.

Though it does make for a good joke - "It was not Tanith who actually killed Shau'nac - it was Drey'auc performing the rite of Kelmar'tokim!"

Lieutenant Colonel captain jake's Avatar

Arrow2 Re: Crossroads (404)

This was not a good season for Teal'c at all. First of all they start putting loads of makeup on him and let's not forget the Twinkie on his chin. However, putting appearances aside he is like a boy flexing his muscles in this episode. Making sure he is the dominate male and at the same time dominating the women. I don't know how to explain further, all I can say is why was he wearing lipstick!!

Now let's discuss Shau'nac and how big of a drama queen she was. I do have to say that she is amazingly beautiful. However, she is a complete nut case that was played way over the top. The Tok'ra dealt with this sittuation quite well, except for the fact that they weren't planning on telling the SGC. I was very impressed that they realized what Tanith was from the beginning.

As for the villain of the episode, Tanith gives a completely new meaning to the term "love to hate bad guy". It gets much worse in future episodes, but you can tell that he is going to be a brilliant bad guy from the very beginning.

I liked the idea of this episode, but the reality was very different.

Chief Master Sergeant HelloVelo's Avatar

The Tok'ra make Jack grumpy.

Rating: 8/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2...rossroads.html
    My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
    http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Second Lieutenant

Ugh. Anise again. My opinion on the Tokra is the same as Jack's. He is right to be suspicious.

Tealc! You are married! I though you had Honor?! At least your wife had a reasonable excuse for marrying another. So disappointed here.

Did the Tokra tell Hebron that there is still some suspicion as to the true nature of the symbiote they are offering him? I bet they didn't. Just be the way the trasference happened, I've already confirmed that something is wrong.

I found it very hard to believe the claim of Tealc's lady friend. By their very nature, IMO, goa'uld are born evil if their parents were evil. It's literally in their genes. The Tokra is different in that they were parented by good goa'uld, said Anise, IIRC.

Just an okay episode for me. There were a few funny Jack moments. And Hebron/Tanith was Methos in the Highlander Tv series, right? Methos is my fave character in that show for the same reason Jack is my fave in SG1. It's the sarcasm/snarkiness.
    Last edited by L E E; July 11th, 2008 at 05:17 AM.

I don't understand how this genetic memory works.

For Teal'c's symbiote to know the circumstances of his father's death, the symbiote he carries must be a descendant from a Goa'uld present at his father's death? Or does every symbiote receive all the memories of every Goa'uld having lived before it? And how does that even work? Memories get imprinted genetically, and when the Goa'uld dies it... what? Goes back to every queen? Or is more like Jung's collective unconscious, only genetic? I get confused.

And about symbiotes and names. Are they born/spawned with names and identities? The symbiote within Shan'auc became the Goa'uld Tinith when it entered the host Hebron. How did it know it's name was Tinith? Who gave it name and when?

My guess is that 'Teal'c' was present at his father's death and that the symbiote accsessed 'his' memories!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
    My guess is that 'Teal'c' was present at his father's death and that the symbiote accsessed 'his' memories!
    I have no idea what your talking about, how was Teal'c present at his father's death? Please explain?

Well how else is Teal'c's symbiote going to remember his father's death?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
    Well how else is Teal'c's symbiote going to remember his father's death?
    symbiots contain all the memories of all other gou'lds and it found a memory which would cause teal'c to be fearful of the gou'ld, or try cause fear anyway.

Finally, sometime last week, some website put together a list of their favorite episode titles. Alas, Stargate failed to make the list. To rectify that oversight, I’ve decided to put together a list of My Top 10 Favorite Stargate Titles:

**snip**

8) Crossroads: We were once pitched a freelance story which the author titled, broadly enough, Turn of Events. Really? Something is going to happen in this episode? How fitting then! Sure, we all made fun of the title at the time, but Paul was quick to point out that we’d been just as guilty several years earlier with this episode title, Crossroads. Really? Someone faces a tough decision in this episode? How fitting then!
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...pisode-titles/

How many enemies can one guy have. Tanith just adds to the extremely long list.
    Some say that he has only one ear.
    And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
    All we know is he's called

Tanith made a really good bad guy, there was just something about him you loved to hate. Good job by the actor in portraying a convincing villain.

I think Teal'c judgement was completely clouded by the relationship with his former girlfriend. Having been deceived by and involved in so many battles with the Goa'uld he should be clearly understood that 'Goa'uld cannot be trusted'. I feel sorry for the Tokra who have done so much but ended up invited a spy into their world
    Spoiler:
    and ended up leaving their home and moving to a new one due to the disclosure of their hideaway by the spy.

It appears I was not the only one to be astonished(if that is the correct word) by the behaviour of Teal'c this episode. He was, after all, supposed to be married...

Also I felt it was very obvious that the Goa'uld was going to turn out the way he did. So far I have not watched any longer in the series, but judging by the responses to this topic I guess Tanith will be of further nuisance in the future... I suppose he will find a way to escape, as the bad guys always seem to be able to.. (well, I suppose the good guys have had their escapes too )

However, I would have thought that the Tok'ra would be more prudent than to keep him like that. And I am very rapidly gaining sympathy with O'Neill's view of the Tok'ra.
    “This is a crisis. A large crisis. In fact, if you got a moment, it's a twelve-story crisis with a magnificent entrance hall, carpeting throughout, 24-hour portage, and an enormous sign on the roof, saying 'This Is a Large Crisis'. A large crisis requires a large plan. Get me two pencils and a pair of underpants.”

- Edmund Blackadder

Aren't Teal'c and his wife estranged at this point? I mean she married someone else. I'm not sure I get why everyone thinks Teal'c was cheating on his wife. Did I miss something? I don't think they said that Shau'nac and Teal'c were together while Teal'c was married, it seems like they've known each other since childhood or something.

Enough with Anise, the end of her storyline can't come soon enough for me. I understand that the point seems to be that we are out there all alone, that even our allies can't be entirely trusted or relied upon. But enough with the Tok'ra not sharing. We get it already.

Air Force Chief of Staff mrscopterdoc's Avatar

Jack saying "serious sparkage"
    Anise again Ugh.
    Lots and lots of candles.
    Squeeeeee Peter Wingfield/Tanith/Hebron! too bad he's a bad guy.

Chief Master Sergeant albatross's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pic View Post
    Aren't Teal'c and his wife estranged at this point? I mean she married someone else. I'm not sure I get why everyone thinks Teal'c was cheating on his wife. Did I miss something? I don't think they said that Shau'nac and Teal'c were together while Teal'c was married, it seems like they've known each other since childhood or something.
    Teal'c's wife was married to Fro'tak, but only to protect Rya'c and give him a proper home. In "Family" she admits that she still loves Teal'c and they kiss. When Fro'tak sees them kissing, he feels betrayed and goes to rat them out to Apophis. Then Jack kills him. So as far as we know at the end of "Family", Teal'c and Drey'auc are still together. Clearly he knew Shau'nac from childhood - they talk about when they were children together - but there is still a significant lack of explanation as to why they are fraternising in this ep when as far as we know Teal'c and Drey'auc are still together.

Quote Originally Posted by Descent View Post
    I don't remember them having sex? They kissed but I don't think that implied anything else.
    He doesn't come out of her room until the next morning - what were they doing, playing poker?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast