Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Crossroads (404)

I quite liked this episode, although I'm not sure that enough time was spent on Teal'c's reaction to what Junior showed him.

I also liked the line 'Bra'tac - you've done something with your hair!'.

^^^
    I loved that line too. Hilarious!

I wasn't too impressed with this episode. I honestly have no interest in Teal'c's romantic affairs, which is sort of hypocritical of me cause I eat it up if it involves anyone else. But I don't care so much with Teal'c. I didn't trust the symbiote from the beginning and so I just felt like I was waiting the entire episode for the truth to be revealed.

I'm up through 'The First Ones' in season 4, and this ep, Crossroads, is my least favourite so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis
    Well, first time watching this episode I never trusted the Gou'ald. I knew it would be evil
    me too.
    it was a nice episode, i love Teal`c center epi.
    my english is not that well so i have a Q. what was the story about Teal'c's father???

did i mention that i LOVE Jack

Teal'c's father used to be the first prime of Chronus. He went into battle once, realised that his guys were getting heavily beaten and decided he'd be better off living to fight another day.

Chronus thought he was a coward and killed him by removing his symbiote.

Right next to the Stargate, the one I made.

Earth Symbol Re: Crossroads (404)

Not removing, but crushing it while inside its pouch, thus mixing the blood of the Jaffa and the symbiote.
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

http://i2.tinypic.com/20gmk8w.jpg
    Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

I thought it was funny how it took about 8 tok'ra to hold down one jaffa even if he was acting like some wild beast they should of just let him go and kill Tanith. Although I liked the idea of Tanith they just built it up to nothing there should of been a big showdown!!! maybe I just wanted more action in this particular episode
    "No Buzz I AM your Father" Zurg Toy Story 2

"I'll level with you Bob My names not Kirk it's Skywalker Luke Skywalker" O'Neill 1969

First Lieutenant Hex.FTB.enabled's Avatar

This episode always kinda annoyed me. When I first saw it my immediate reaction was "hey, I thought Teal'c was married!" and they never really resolved that. And the whole Tanith-really-IS-evil was not exactly oh so shocking. I kinda wanna to give Shanauc a slap upside the head to say "of COURSE they're gonna be skeptical!" The whole ep just seemed a bit pointless to me.

The only really good thing I liked was the whole "Teal'c's apprentice" banter.
    And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
    Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
    Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
    Daniel: Oh! You see?
    Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

http://img102.echo.cx/img102/2473/kodama29vo7sm.gif http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...ner2_copy6.jpg

Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Crossroads (404)

Quote Originally Posted by Hex.FTB.enabled
    This episode always kinda annoyed me. When I first saw it my immediate reaction was "hey, I thought Teal'c was married!" and they never really resolved that. And the whole Tanith-really-IS-evil was not exactly oh so shocking. I kinda wanna to give Shanauc a slap upside the head to say "of COURSE they're gonna be skeptical!" The whole ep just seemed a bit pointless to me.

The only really good thing I liked was the whole "Teal'c's apprentice" banter.
    I think the "point" of the episode was that the Goa'uld are never to be trusted. Shan'auc truly believed that her symbiote had changed and wished to atone for the sins of the past. By Teal'C receiving images himself, while in deep kelnoreem, he was convinced that Shan'auc had indeed interacted with her symbiote. Of course, as soon as Tanith emerges, we know just how wrong she was, but I do not think the episode was pointless or just an excuse for romance.

SPOILER:
    It also sets up future episodes in which Tanith plays a large role, in his interaction with Teal'C and Teal'C's obsession with revenge.

But that's just my opinion......
    On fighting:
    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Re: Crossroads (404)

Who spoted Peter DeLuise? Well here he is:

Some good background on teal'c was the only real good bit in this one. Tanith was very convincing and played his part well. And SG1 still trust the tokra, double Doh!
    Still it was cool to see teal'c show his emotions a bit and to see how his dad got killed by chronus.

Some good background on Teal'c was the only real good bit in this one. Tanith was very convincing as a Tok'ra which s creepy. It was good to see how Teal'c shows his emotions a bit and to see how his dad got killed by Chronus.

Second Lieutenant

I think Methos.........i mean Tanith was one of my least favorite system lords. But I did not like this episode much (I really can't remember one minute of this episode........only 3 episodes of Stargate have ever done that to me)

I saw this again the other day on the sci-fi channel and thought I'd toss in my 2 cents.

I also didn't like the romance part. I'm very into the good guys being loyal to their wives even when apart for so long, and when they don't it's a bummer. I did like how we got to see more of the Tok'ra being decietful and selfish again. It's cool how we can have allies that we don't really like, much more interesting than everyone being one big happy family.

I wonder if the goa'uld had been placed in a female host if we wouldn't have been so suspicious. By being placed in a male host there was an instant aggressiveness and I just wonder if the real motives for the goa'uld could have been hidden better in a smaller pretty girl.
    It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Quote Originally Posted by walter_MacChevron
    I think Methos.........i mean Tanith was one of my least favorite system lords. But I did not like this episode much (I really can't remember one minute of this episode........only 3 episodes of Stargate have ever done that to me)
    I always can remember the part when Teal'c nails Peter Deluise but thats about it. I like the actor that plays Methos (i mean Tanith) but I liked him a lot better in Highlander. I also like Jacks reaction to the Tokra scrwin them over again. But thats about it. Deluise run over and Jack snarkiness.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Quote Originally Posted by aaobuttons

I also didn't like the romance part. I'm very into the good guys being loyal to their wives even when apart for so long, and when they don't it's a bummer. I did like how we got to see more of the Tok'ra being decietful and selfish again. It's cool how we can have allies that we don't really like, much more interesting than everyone being one big happy family.
    well I lliked that part..
    I prefer it when the good guys arent always good in every situation...

Lieutenant Colonel captain jake's Avatar

Arrow1 Re: Crossroads (404)

I relay thought teal'c was going nuts in this episode, im sorry but that girl was crazy what is he thinking.

What bothers me about this episode is that Tealc and Shaunac have sex when she is in a lot of pain. It seems she did it to help convince Tealc about the goodness of her symbiote. It was cruel of Tealc to take advantage of her at this time. He should have waited until she was free of the over-aged larvae and feeling better. (Or, not done it at all, since he was married, as others have pointed out.)

I don't remember them having sex? They kissed but I don't think that implied anything else.

"Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Chief Master Sergeant Harlan's Speechwriter's Avatar

I have mixed feelings about this episode. Teal'c's relationship with Shaunac bothers me a little in that Teal'c was (is?) married, and is usually so honourable; I would have liked a bit more explanation here.

I was never fully convinced about trusting the symbiote before the Tok'ra implanted it, but the concept of the host communicating with a symbiote was interesting; I'd have liked to have explored Teal'c's relationship with his symbiote in more depth.
    Please don't laugh, this is one of my first attempts at a banner.

Major General

I am in agreement that it was strange for the honorable teal'c to be having an affair with this lass while he was married and then continuing it afterwards.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast