Upgrades (403)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum
    I read somewhere that Anise/Freya had been given the nickname 'Tok'ra Spice'. Possibly because of her highly revealing, 'un-Tok'ra' dress sense.
    I had no problem with her dress.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Just watched this episode again, and I have to say that it still is amazingly entertaining after the 5th time watching it. When they go to O'malleys and carter orders the diet soda I was laughing my head off. However that raises the question what soda would the waitress bring? all carter said was diet soda and the waitress left? anybody got a answer?
        sigpic

Comment

Funny catch. The writers probably couldn't have Sam say any particular soda, or else it would appear that the show was endorsing a certain brand. Perhaps O'Malley's only carries one kind of soda?
          SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Ya I thought of that and have you ever been to a bar/restaurant that only serves one kind of soda?

Nope it is just a simple endorsement problem like you said.
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah. The endorsement thing.

But where I'm from, if you say you want a coke, they ask what kind. People don't say soda.

I love this ep! It's so funny!

Comment

well this does take place in america.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
                  well this does take place in america.
                  I live in America! Different regions, different names for things. Of course, it really takes place in...Canada!

Comment

Not the show!!

And where in america are you from that they call soda coke.
                    sigpic

Comment

I know the show is filmed in Canada, and while on Earth on the show they are in Colorado. I'm from Texas. While some people DO say soda where I live, we mostly just say coke. Like the soda aisle in Wal-Mart is the 'coke aisle'. Or we say we feel like a coke. And seriously, if you ask me for a coke, I'll ask what kind! Just one of those things!

To be on topic, it makes me laugh when Sam orders a diet soda when she's going to eat 3 or 4 steaks! I would have loved to see their table!

Comment

That sounds a bit like people calling vacuum cleaners 'hoovers', which we do in the UK (and you guys in the US might do the same, I'm not sure) - it also serves as a verb as in 'I'm going to hoover the lounge'. Not only that, it gets used quite regularly as a euphemism for eating, too - as in 'You finished off the cake, crumbs and all? You hoover!'.

Just to contribute to the topic drift for a moment - I don't think anyone in the UK uses the term 'soda' at all to refer to fizzy drinks. These days, most people use the brand name. I'll have to see what my local supermarket calls their 'fizzy drink' aisle...

Anyway, back to topic again.

I love the moment when Sam orders the diet drink as well - accompanying her three steaks. I'm with her, actually. I always prefer diet coke to regular because my teeth feel horribly sticky and 'coated' after regular coke. Yuck.
                        sigpic

Comment

Ya back on topic

Another funny scene was when they were playing pool.

jaCK- "THIS IS A CLICHE"
                          sigpic

Comment

I love this episode, because is very funny in first half, when they're all trying those armbands and crosses over to superb action-drama second half (Bullet-time of staff blast). And we get to see some more of this mission in Divide and Conquer. That's why season four is the best!

Comment

Ya the tansition between home and off world was very fast and big. I noticed that it bugged me the first time but then I realized they were trying to show there spontaneous nature.(caused by the armbands)
                              sigpic

Comment

Spontaneous is a good word. I'd add 'impetuous' to that, not to mention 'not in full possession of their faculties' - except that's seven words rather than one.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X