No announcement yet.

Upgrades (403)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once you use the armbands can you only use them once? or a few days later try them again?

Also, how many armbands are there? On short missions, sg1 could use them, complete the mission easily, and run back.

Comment

Originally posted by sg1 volgman
      Once you use the armbands can you only use them once? or a few days later try them again?

Also, how many armbands are there? On short missions, sg1 could use them, complete the mission easily, and run back.
      At the end of the episode they reveal that once you've worn the armbands and they come off then you become immune so you can't use them again. So SG-1 can't use them ever again. And I'm kinda glad cause it would just ruin it if they had super powers all the time.
      "In war there are no rules" - The First Rule of War

Comment

Me too. It would have been incredibly dull if, every time an SG team gets into trouble, SG1 (or others) whap on a couple of armbands and 'superman' them to safety.

Besides, we all saw how Jack, Sam and Daniel lost a great deal of their common sense and self-control while wearing the armbands. These nifty little bits of equipment may well confer enormously enhanced strength, speed, stamina and goodness-knows-what-else on the wearer, but it seems to be at the expense of judgement and forethought. Not only that, it also makes them self-confident to the point of outright arrogance.

Okay, that first act of disobedience only led to a bit of a punch-up in a restaurant - which was quite amusing, albeit a bit embarrassing for the Air Force. The second, on the other hand, was a gross breach of discipline (at least on the part of Jack and Sam as Airforce Officers); they ignored strict orders to remain on-base, assaulted SGC staff and illegally activated the Gate - simply because they had decided in their (highly impaired) wisdom that Hammond had made a wrong call, and was wasting a prime opportunity to put their newly acquired abilities to use.

Nah - those armbands are best left where they fell off.
        sigpic

Comment

Yup.

Interesting point made on commentary: did anyone notice how Sam lets her hair go? I mean, she was wearing it sort of mussed at the time anyway, but it gets almost ratty before the armbands fall off (and yes, they were best left where they fell).

Comment

Those armbands were cool, it's a bit naff that they only last a little while and you can't use them again. But it was funny watching them go through the gate and bash the jaffa. We never really saw them examine the armbands or test them before they put them on which was the only bit I thought was odd.
            And jack knocking Teal'c out was hilarious *revenge at last--jack thought*.
            Anise is so funny, a bit like a spoiled model pouting away.
            They never learn to not trust the Tokra. Doh!

Comment

I read somewhere that Anise/Freya had been given the nickname 'Tok'ra Spice'. Possibly because of her highly revealing, 'un-Tok'ra' dress sense.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum
                I read somewhere that Anise/Freya had been given the nickname 'Tok'ra Spice'. Possibly because of her highly revealing, 'un-Tok'ra' dress sense.
                Somewhere in the vast GW forum I remember someone also referring to her as "Tok'ra Barbie", which is also pretty funny.....

Comment

Well, and the fact that "anise" is actually a type of spice (albeit pronounced with a short "A").

Anyway, I've probably seen this episode more than any other. I literally have the entire thing completely memorized, word for word, scene for scene, beat for beat, and I still can't get enough of it! 'Upgrades' has some of the finest scenes in all of SG-1, each bit better than the last!

Comment

Season 4 was brill and this was one of the highs!!, the whole super theme was really well acted and Jack kicking a chunk out of Hammonds office, was great!! More of the same!!!

Comment

Yeah, season 3-5 are the glory years in my opinion, but there are a lot of good episodes in all of the seasons.......especially season 9. This was a pretty good episode because it started dealing with sam and jack's relationship.

Comment

I like Sam kicking butt on the pool table. Note to self, never play pool with an astrophysicist. (sp? on a caffiene high at the moment) I also like the ship at the end as well.

Didn't like how they just disregarded Janet's medical opinion though.

Australian Teryl Rothery Fan Club
                        www.atrfc.com

Comment

I want one of those wrist bands :-)

this was a good episode it would had been nice of general hammond had let them go though the gate and fight the gou'lud.

and i want a copy of carter's book
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

To be honest, I think General Hammond was very wise to try and keep SG-1 on base and out of trouble.

Given how things had turned out at the restaurant, and the fact that Jack, Sam and Danny weren't supposed to have left the Mountain in the first place, he knew that their individual senses of judgement and proportion were highly impaired - hardly a good thing for a covert seek-and-destroy mission. As for Jack coming into the office and virtually demanding to be allowed to get out there and destroy the new ship - it was pretty much inevitable that General Hammond would refuse to let them go.

All they did when they completely disobeyed orders and went anyway was throw the whole judgement impairment thing into very sharp relief. And they didn't even have 'Earth in immediate Jeopardy' to excuse their actions this time around.

That said, until the rotten armbands fell off, they were well kicking Goa'uld butt! Go SG-1!
                            sigpic

Comment

i knew there was something fishy about those arm things!
                              and about the tok'ra anise!
                              they just cant be trusted......
                              although those arm things were cool...and the part of the resturant was funny!!!
                              very dangerous...would'nt like to have them...lol...

you think they alien race that invented them will make em better???
                              lol!!! just kidding!!! they are all dead1!!!! muahahhahaha

Comment

Originally posted by walter_MacChevron
                                Yeah, season 3-5 are the glory years in my opinion, but there are a lot of good episodes in all of the seasons.......especially season 9. This was a pretty good episode because it started dealing with sam and jack's relationship.
                                IMO the glory years were, Season 2-4.
                                Loved the scene in the steakhouse.

Comment

Working...
                                X