Upgrades (403)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nirude View Post
    Just reading the comments here, personally I didn't notice Anise's "lopsided boobs" Though I did notice the bottom of her dress was lopsided in the way it was cut, looked quite cute. Carter and Janet also looked very good this episode!

This is one of those episodes that just has everything, and in such a natural way too. It was funny with none of the forced humor from Hugo (.. oops, Urgo haha), great SGC base drama (with a Tok'ra visit nonetheless), a trip outside of the SGC on Earth (unfortunately without Teal'c), and the destruction of a Goa'uld mothership. Many SG-1 episodes would be content with just one of those elements..

Not much to complain about really. I just wish they could of extended the episode another 10 minutes so we could see more of the team messing around with the upgrades.
    Urgo wasn't in this episode. His only appearance was in the episode "Urgo".

Comment

Originally posted by Science View Post
      Agreed. It would've been nice to have these devices in more episodes. At least we do get to see more footage from this episode of Daniel fighting while he was acquiring those heavy bars (can't remember what they were called) a few episodes after this one in a flashback.
      I'm guessing by your posts you're watching SG-1 at around the same point I am I'm currently on Crossroads, although this is my 2nd time through SG-1.

I don't recall that Daniel flashback, sounds interesting, another episode to look forward to. Season 4 is a great season.

Edit regarding hedwig's Urgo post: I know, it's just a comparison. I was just talking about it on the other thread and how it wasn't funny. Someone watching S4 would remember Urgo quite well as it just happened recently 3.16 IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
        Urgo wasn't in this episode. His only appearance was in the episode "Urgo".
        Nirude meant the "Urgo - type - of - humour"
        CARPE DIEM
        ANJA

Comment

Oh dear... Alien technology will always get you into trouble. And the Tok'ra are apparently no more to be trusted than the Goa'uld...
          sigpic

Comment

What do you expect? Despite their protestations, the Tok'ra are still Go'auld. They might fight against Ra , but they can act as arrogant as them sometimes.

We also don't know how the Tok'ra will go now that they are basically the dominant Go'auld left (after the basic total collapse of the System Lords with the death of Baal). Anyone that is left isn't strong enough for the title and the whole of the Tok'ra existence is geared towards Guerilla warfare and subterfuge. What are they gonna be left when there is no need for that anymore.

Comment

With great power, comes great responsibility ... and a tremendous amount of stupid.

First time we get to meet Anise/Freya. Yes, she's one of my favorite Tok'ra.

She comes in with some cool tech she doesn't have clue about really, but thinks it could provide the Tau'ri and by extension the Tok'ra a great advantage in their fight against the Goa'uld. She pretty much convinces SG-1 to be her human experiment subjects and proceeds to go head-to-head with Doctor Fraiser. LOVE Janet's presence in this episode. (sidenote: both Janet and Daniel seemed to have a cold or it was just pollen season )

Anyways, the superhuman abilities lead to some interesting interactions, most notably the one at O'Malleys -- a scuffle, or a brawl, but who's counting anyway.

And then... surprise, surprise... the Tok'ra happen to have come by a problematic Apophis build which SG-1 could fix for them. Of course, at such time the armbands stop working and Teal'c has to come to their rescue. They did blow up the ship so I guess it wasn't a total loss.

O'Neill running into that shield is the best thing in this entire episode -- his nose literally flattening against it.

How would you rate SG-1's "Upgrades?"

Excellent
              Good
              Fair
              Poor
              Terrible

3-episode quiz: this way!

And the jigsaw puzzle for Upgrades.
              Last edited by Falcon Horus; 01 April 2018, 03:57 PM.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

What I have always found most interesting about this (because I'm not much into watching characters make fools of themselves), is the discovery that the Tokra were using Freya's scientific curiosity against her. The plan all along was to "oh, by the way" the Tauri, but Freya didn't know that. Anise, I think, figured it out--too late not to come off looking as if she were part of the plot.

Seaboe
                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I'll get in first, 5:42, & I will not read any more of this thfead so nobody can upset me
                  http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                    What I have always found most interesting about this (because I'm not much into watching characters make fools of themselves), is the discovery that the Tokra were using Freya's scientific curiosity against her. The plan all along was to "oh, by the way" the Tauri, but Freya didn't know that. Anise, I think, figured it out--too late not to come off looking as if she were part of the plot.
                    Mmm.... that's... I hadn't thought about that, but you're right. So, basically ... by any means necessary... or in this case, by any Tok'ra necessary.

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                    I'll get in first, 5:42, & I will not read any more of this thfead so nobody can upset me

*throws a puzzle party*

Comment

Its okay but I found myself bored with the whole superpowers angle and would have liked to see more about the Apophis ship and explored more about the Anatak civilization. It was kind of glossed over. Its a fair with 3 minutes and 24 seconds
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Set my screen too tiny...

05:06

Comment

Always the screen, never the screen user
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

4:21

I like how General Hammond called Anise on being aware of the situation before the testing of the armbands. The Tok'ra can be a bit ruthless when it comes to defeating the enemy, even when it puts allies in jeopardy.

I liked the superpowers display-- I thought it was a lot of fun!

Now if I could quiet down my oldest son ( he's 22 yo). He started singing Take On Me when Jack started to run into the force field.

Comment

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
                              Now if I could quiet down my oldest son ( he's 22 yo). He started singing Take On Me when Jack started to run into the force field.

I like your son's humor.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

I like your son's humor.
                                Most of the time, I do too. My husband and son are often in cahoots making jokes during shows. Sometimes it makes me laugh, sometimes it drives me crazy ( especially when I can't hear the dialog). The Take On Me serenade was funny when watching Jack's nose get flattened by the force field.

Comment

Working...
                                X