This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Long Have You Been a Stargate Fan?

This thread is for everyone to tell how long they have been a stargate fan and why.

I have been a stargate fan since the movie first came out. The idea of a ring to travel to other planets completely enthralled me and i have been a die hard ever since.
    Und was ich sar war Menschlichkeit...

Und was ich sar war Dummheit
    Menschlicher Neigung entsprechend
    Tiersches Verhalten

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay,
    Vicious

I have been a Stargate fan for only 4 years.

Comment

I first saw the movie in 96/97 I think

Then I moved onto the series and I am still here

Daniel rocked in the movie
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

5 years I think

Comment

Since the beginning Season 7
          sigpic

Comment

I've been a fan ever since the Original Stargate Movie came out. But my fandom kicked into high gear when Sg-1 started. I've been a fan ever since.

Comment

I've been a fan since Atlantis first premiered and started watching SG1 after Atlantis' "The Storm" premiered. I've now seen almost every ep of SG1 (there was plenty of time to catch up when Atlantis was off in mid season) and I've seen all of SGA. After I saw SG1 , I then saw The movie, and so far I've loved Atlantis the best, it just totally got me and SG1 is awsome. I love the whole concept of people going through wormhole and meeting alien species and also dealing with alien technologies.
              McKay: I'm invulnerable!
              Weir: Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?
              McKay: In-vul-ner-able.

McKAY: I'm not crazy -- I just have another consciousness in my brain.

First icon made by Cathain Nottingham and last 4 made by ToasterOnFire
              My LJ My Fanfic My Homeschooling Blog

Comment

I saw the premier COTG and watched a few, then we moved and didn't get that channel. When it came to S6 on SciFi I started watching again and really became a fan. I saw Promethius and was all "dang where'd they get a ship!!!" Soon I'd moved into watching (or taping) whenever it was on because I *had* to watch them *in order*.

Now I have the sign of the Tau'ri on my stage piano. So I'd say I'm a bit of a fan
                If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Ever since late season 4 so maybe 4 years? I guess the annoying yet funny Jack O'Neill and Daniel's way of being really cute got me addicted.
                  Last edited by xkawaiix; 15 August 2005, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Since I first saw the movie in the cinema. As soon as I heard they were making a series of it I was delighted. And even more so when I heard that Richard Dean Anderson was going to be in it.

Comment

I was staying over at my friends house when i was 8 or 9 and he put stargate on tape for us to watch and I remember thinking to myself "OMG what is this tripe. I want to sleep"
                      But now that im a little bit more mature hehe I love all things stargate

Comment

Since the movie. I wasn't very old when I first saw it, but I loved it. I watched it several more times over the years and was still hooked. Unfortunately I couldn't watch Stargate until it came into syndication in Canada. But ever since then, I've watched more Stargate than I'm willing to admit. I'm told its unhealthy how much I watch

Comment

Ive been a fan since COTG first aired , i got to see the movie sometime later, i liked it but it didnt compare to SG1. Now i'd sell my soul to the devil for Stargate SG1 to go on forever, and for RDA to come back.
                          God bless Stargate
                          The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

I've been a fan since the movie. I remember wondering if a sequel was in the works but when I heard about the series on showtime I was so excited!!!! It's what kept me watching sci fi ever since.

Comment

Since season 1. I enjoyed the movie when it was shown. that 'was the only reason i watched the Show, but them i became the fan of the show instead

Comment

Working...
                              X