Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Colonel NowIWillDestroyAbydos's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    In your head, making you crazy
    Posts
    5,113

    Earth Symbol Avalon Part 1-Lost City Part 2 Error

    I just watched Lost City on DVD, and I notice something. When Carter informs Mitchell that a ship is inbound, that couldn't have possibly happened. Because SG-1 goes to the Cargo ships rings after Prometheus contacts them. The only other way this could have happen is during the gap between the beginning of the battle and Prometheus's arrival. Which looks like a very small gap of time.

    Here's something else (that has nothing to do with the post): I learned from the audio commentary from Lost City, that the beginning of the Episode (or movie, I forget) was 30 million years ago when Atlantis took off from Earth. I Wonder if this cut scene was used for the first Scene of Rising.

  2. #2
    Staff Sergeant Lightning's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2005
    Location
    N Ireland
    Posts
    63

    Default Re: Avalon Part 1-Lost City Part 2 Error

    It is reasonable to assume that we did not see all of the battle in the lost city, there would simply have been too much to show so it was condensed down to show the bits with greatest action and relevance to SG-1 and the storyline.
    There does not mean that the events remembered in Avalon could not have happened,in my opinion.

  3. #3
    General the fifth man's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.
    Posts
    34,120

    Default Re: Avalon Part 1-Lost City Part 2 Error

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning
    It is reasonable to assume that we did not see all of the battle in the lost city, there would simply have been too much to show so it was condensed down to show the bits with greatest action and relevance to SG-1 and the storyline.
    There does not mean that the events remembered in Avalon could not have happened,in my opinion.
    Gotta agree with you there. Besides, even if tptb did twist a couple points here and there for the sake of the story, I think we can let them slide this once.

    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

  4. #4
    Colonel Uber's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On Your Six
    Posts
    6,806

    Re: Avalon Part 1-Lost City Part 2 Error

    Quote Originally Posted by the fifth man
    Gotta agree with you there. Besides, even if tptb did twist a couple points here and there for the sake of the story, I think we can let them slide this once.
    Sure...and she had been looking out the window before as the X302's were approaching.

    They just kinda modified the moment to add that Carter contacted Mitchell to tell him that there was an incoming bogey and had her wait an extra beat or two as a reaction...obviously to give us a better tie-in to Lost City.

    And who knows? Maybe Sam headed for the rings then found out about the inbound glider and contacted Cam and THEN joined the others on the ring platform.

    Um...okay, sure, fine, yeah...I buy that...

    Alrighty then.

    http://www.uberamandafan.com/assets/...ans/ateyes.jpg
    ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

    http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k3...ejay_angel.jpg

  5. #5
    Chief Master Sergeant
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Posts
    217

    Default Re: Avalon Part 1-Lost City Part 2 Error

    Was Carter's "That was close!" comment in the original episode? I swear I remember it... but it's not there on the DVD.

    Am I imagining things?

  6. #6
    Second Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    318

    Default Re: Avalon Part 1-Lost City Part 2 Error

    I think it is quite an acceptable error for story's sake. Also I haven't had the benefit of just watching it but if memory serves me correctly doesn't a fleet of X302s from the antarctic base get there before Prometheus arrives?

  7. #7
    Major Hatcheter's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2004
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    2,115

    Default Re: Avalon Part 1-Lost City Part 2 Error

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganjaman
    I think it is quite an acceptable error for story's sake. Also I haven't had the benefit of just watching it but if memory serves me correctly doesn't a fleet of X302s from the antarctic base get there before Prometheus arrives?
    There wasn't an Antarctic base at that time. At that point, SG-1 was preparing to discover the Ancient outpost. In the 'Avalon' flashbacks there's a scene where Mitchell tells his people that they're going to protect SG-1. This scene appears to be in the Prometheus' flight hanger, as the walls look exactly the same as the Daedalus' flight deck did in 'Intruder'.

    Oh, and it's a squadron, not a fleet.

  8. #8
    Staff Sergeant LordHart's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Merry Old Land of Oz
    Posts
    61

    Default Re: Avalon Part 1-Lost City Part 2 Error

    There can't be an Antartica base anyway, as it is a neutral continent. Nobody can have a military presence there. The base that was set up eventually was a scientific party led by Dr Weir.

  9. #9
    Staff Sergeant Lightning's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2005
    Location
    N Ireland
    Posts
    63

    Default Re: Avalon Part 1-Lost City Part 2 Error

    I thought McMurdo was a military outpost in antartica??

  10. #10
    Captain Steve_the_Wraith's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,684

    Default Re: Avalon Part 1-Lost City Part 2 Error

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning
    I thought McMurdo was a military outpost in antartica??
    Run by the National Air Guard or something like that isn't it?
    So not quite military
    http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/3609/atlantis2os2.jpg

  11. #11
    First Lieutenant TheCorpulent1's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Disgustingly hot Florida
    Posts
    993

    Default Re: Avalon Part 1-Lost City Part 2 Error

    Quote Originally Posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
    I just watched Lost City on DVD, and I notice something. When Carter informs Mitchell that a ship is inbound, that couldn't have possibly happened. Because SG-1 goes to the Cargo ships rings after Prometheus contacts them. The only other way this could have happen is during the gap between the beginning of the battle and Prometheus's arrival. Which looks like a very small gap of time.

    Here's something else (that has nothing to do with the post): I learned from the audio commentary from Lost City, that the beginning of the Episode (or movie, I forget) was 30 million years ago when Atlantis took off from Earth. I Wonder if this cut scene was used for the first Scene of Rising.
    Not an error, really, just a minor editing job. They did the exact same thing in "Upgrades" and the flashbacks to "Upgrades" in "Window of Opportunity." They reveal a certain amount of information in the episode itself, then the future episode expands on it.
    Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
    Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
    Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
    Jack: ... They're lying.

  12. #12
    Colonel Uber's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On Your Six
    Posts
    6,806

    Re: Avalon Part 1-Lost City Part 2 Error

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelso
    Was Carter's "That was close!" comment in the original episode? I swear I remember it... but it's not there on the DVD.

    Am I imagining things?
    I could be wrong (it has been known to happen on occasion), but I believe that just like Carter's radio warning to Mitchell about the incoming bogey, the shot of "that was close" was in fact an addon to further tie the action sequence in with SG-1 and what they were doing.

    I'll have to watch my handy-dandy DVD to confirm though...unless someone else here beats me to the punch...

    http://www.uberamandafan.com/assets/...ans/ateyes.jpg
    ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

    http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k3...ejay_angel.jpg

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •