This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avalon Part 1-Lost City Part 2 Error

I just watched Lost City on DVD, and I notice something. When Carter informs Mitchell that a ship is inbound, that couldn't have possibly happened. Because SG-1 goes to the Cargo ships rings after Prometheus contacts them. The only other way this could have happen is during the gap between the beginning of the battle and Prometheus's arrival. Which looks like a very small gap of time.

Here's something else (that has nothing to do with the post): I learned from the audio commentary from Lost City, that the beginning of the Episode (or movie, I forget) was 30 million years ago when Atlantis took off from Earth. I Wonder if this cut scene was used for the first Scene of Rising.
    sigpic

It is reasonable to assume that we did not see all of the battle in the lost city, there would simply have been too much to show so it was condensed down to show the bits with greatest action and relevance to SG-1 and the storyline.
    There does not mean that the events remembered in Avalon could not have happened,in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning
      It is reasonable to assume that we did not see all of the battle in the lost city, there would simply have been too much to show so it was condensed down to show the bits with greatest action and relevance to SG-1 and the storyline.
      There does not mean that the events remembered in Avalon could not have happened,in my opinion.
      Gotta agree with you there. Besides, even if tptb did twist a couple points here and there for the sake of the story, I think we can let them slide this once.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
        Gotta agree with you there. Besides, even if tptb did twist a couple points here and there for the sake of the story, I think we can let them slide this once.
        Sure...and she had been looking out the window before as the X302's were approaching.

They just kinda modified the moment to add that Carter contacted Mitchell to tell him that there was an incoming bogey and had her wait an extra beat or two as a reaction...obviously to give us a better tie-in to Lost City.

And who knows? Maybe Sam headed for the rings then found out about the inbound glider and contacted Cam and THEN joined the others on the ring platform.

Um...okay, sure, fine, yeah...I buy that...

Alrighty then.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Was Carter's "That was close!" comment in the original episode? I swear I remember it... but it's not there on the DVD.

Am I imagining things?

Comment

I think it is quite an acceptable error for story's sake. Also I haven't had the benefit of just watching it but if memory serves me correctly doesn't a fleet of X302s from the antarctic base get there before Prometheus arrives?

Comment

Originally posted by Ganjaman
              I think it is quite an acceptable error for story's sake. Also I haven't had the benefit of just watching it but if memory serves me correctly doesn't a fleet of X302s from the antarctic base get there before Prometheus arrives?
              There wasn't an Antarctic base at that time. At that point, SG-1 was preparing to discover the Ancient outpost. In the 'Avalon' flashbacks there's a scene where Mitchell tells his people that they're going to protect SG-1. This scene appears to be in the Prometheus' flight hanger, as the walls look exactly the same as the Daedalus' flight deck did in 'Intruder'.

Oh, and it's a squadron, not a fleet.

a time to mourn

Comment

There can't be an Antartica base anyway, as it is a neutral continent. Nobody can have a military presence there. The base that was set up eventually was a scientific party led by Dr Weir.

Comment

I thought McMurdo was a military outpost in antartica??

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning
                    I thought McMurdo was a military outpost in antartica??
                    Run by the National Air Guard or something like that isn't it?
                    So not quite military
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                      I just watched Lost City on DVD, and I notice something. When Carter informs Mitchell that a ship is inbound, that couldn't have possibly happened. Because SG-1 goes to the Cargo ships rings after Prometheus contacts them. The only other way this could have happen is during the gap between the beginning of the battle and Prometheus's arrival. Which looks like a very small gap of time.

Here's something else (that has nothing to do with the post): I learned from the audio commentary from Lost City, that the beginning of the Episode (or movie, I forget) was 30 million years ago when Atlantis took off from Earth. I Wonder if this cut scene was used for the first Scene of Rising.
                      Not an error, really, just a minor editing job. They did the exact same thing in "Upgrades" and the flashbacks to "Upgrades" in "Window of Opportunity." They reveal a certain amount of information in the episode itself, then the future episode expands on it.
                      Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
                      Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
                      Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
                      Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelso
                        Was Carter's "That was close!" comment in the original episode? I swear I remember it... but it's not there on the DVD.

Am I imagining things?
                        I could be wrong (it has been known to happen on occasion), but I believe that just like Carter's radio warning to Mitchell about the incoming bogey, the shot of "that was close" was in fact an addon to further tie the action sequence in with SG-1 and what they were doing.

I'll have to watch my handy-dandy DVD to confirm though...unless someone else here beats me to the punch...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                        X