No announcement yet.

The Other Side (402)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i liked their advanced fighters i thought that technology would of been great on earth

Comment

I just re-watched this episode and I got so pissed..again! Every time I watch this episode I get so mad. They could have given them the heavy water and just be done with it. I do realize that the show would have been done though, LOL. Imagine they could have put their own forcefield around SGC and other important sites. I'm still pissed I get mad when morals get in the way of protecting Earth.

Comment

agree with you. we should of took their technology and then cut all ties with them!!!!
        Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
        sigpic
        sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
          I'm still pissed I get mad when morals get in the way of protecting Earth.
          Imo it is our morals that makes us humans different from all the other sentient races out there. if we give them up we are no more than they are.

Comment

Who cares about morals man? We would have unmanned fighters with advance energy weapons possibly greater than that of the Goa'uld.We could have completed our standing orders by season 4, I know they show lasted longer and we finally have even better technology, but who cares.

Comment

I just brought S4 and saw this episode for the first time since I'd seen the episode. This time I actually got the problem and I was so amazed at this. It went from being an average episode to an amazing episode.

I just loved how the Eurodans went from good to bad, and I think the story itself was excellent. What really shone to me was the character reactions after finding out they're teamed up with a Neo-Nazi.
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I enjoyed this episode. The moral of the story seems to be played a little more subtly, than it is in some other episodes.

I was surprised, though, that Jack didn't ask more questions from the outset; after all, this 'enemy' was unknown by the SG teams. I also thought that SG1 might show a bit more concern for the pilot, especially before so willingly embarking upon two or three more 'missions' themselves.
                sigpic
                Please don't laugh, this is one of my first attempts at a banner.

Comment

I enjoy this episode, I like Rene Auberjonois and I think he did a really good job in this episode of playing the baddy with a level of subtely that was effective and the writing told the story well.

Plus all the little character interactions I really enjoy were rich!
                  sigpic
                  Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                  My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Wow! I mean, wow! What a great episode. This is one of the best "moral question" episodes in the history of the franchise... in a very nuanced way too! Like, they figured out what was going on and were in the moral right in not helping, but was it right for them to actively destroy them on behalf of the "breeders" too? And was it right for Jack to raise the iris to kill Alar?

Fantastic, fascinating episode!
                    Theoretically spoilerish:
                    Spoiler:
                    Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

When I look back on past seasons I often think that this one (along with Scorched Earth) are the best reasons for watching the show. Moral ambiguity isn't something that is done often (or well) on TV, especially not in Sci-fi (usually bad guys like Alar would be running around in easily identifiable "nazi"-ish uniforms to "help" the viewer decide)

I miss this kind of writing, a lot.
                      In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

I thought the episode overall was just... okay. I just didn't get into the story. It's decent, not great. But the flight control device things were ingenious.
                        sigpic
                        Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by KindlyKeller View Post
                          Wow! I mean, wow! What a great episode. This is one of the best "moral question" episodes in the history of the franchise... in a very nuanced way too! Like, they figured out what was going on and were in the moral right in not helping, but was it right for them to actively destroy them on behalf of the "breeders" too? And was it right for Jack to raise the iris to kill Alar?

Fantastic, fascinating episode!
                          I agree, Stargate meets the Master Race complex. To answer your questions no it wasn't right of them to crash the planes into the shields, however it was right to defend the enemy bombers containing human lives. As for your second question no it was not right of Jack to allow Alar to be killed. His punishment should have been a prison cell and a massive amount of work at Area 51 or something like that.

That's my opinion anyways.

Originally posted by Major Clanger
                          When I look back on past seasons I often think that this one (along with Scorched Earth) are the best reasons for watching the show. Moral ambiguity isn't something that is done often (or well) on TV, especially not in Sci-fi (usually bad guys like Alar would be running around in easily identifiable "nazi"-ish uniforms to "help" the viewer decide)

I miss this kind of writing, a lot.
                          I agree it is ashame that we don't get these kind of episodes very often anymore. However, that doesn't make the new episodes bad, just different. I think it was Richard D. Anderson that made these "moral ambiguity" episodes as you called them as good as they were. Without him I don't think they would be any good anyways, so they might as well just keep blowing stuff up until they get another RDA.

Originally posted by Ulkesh47
                          I thought the episode overall was just... okay. I just didn't get into the story. It's decent, not great. But the flight control device things were ingenious.
                          I agree the flight control was pretty cool, but I think you will agree that they had a really nasty side effect.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
                            I agree the flight control was pretty cool, but I think you will agree that they had a really nasty side effect.
                            Yeah, that guy looked like a zombie!
                            sigpic
                            Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                              Yeah, that guy looked like a zombie!
                              I was laughing my head off when jack felt his own jaw to make sure it was normal.
                              sigpic

Comment

I love aerial dogfights, intriguing moral dilemma and the message in this episode. Left me thinking some heavy thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                                X