Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An interesting biblical reference (SPOILERS for "The Farm 205" and beyond)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An interesting biblical reference (SPOILERS for "The Farm 205" and beyond)

Okay -- I hope I provided enough spoiler space for this one....

Anyway -- I found it rather interesting that a third of the Colonial fleet followed President Roslin back to Kobol. That number is curiously consistent with Revelation 12:3-4a: "Then another sign appeared in the sky: it was a huge dragon, flaming red, with seven heads and ten horns; on his heads were seven diadems. His tail swept swept a third of the stars from the sky and hurled them down to the earth."

Most Biblical commentators interpret these verses to mean that a third of the angels of heaven joined Satan in his revolt. However -- We must keep in mind that the Colonials are polytheists who would be hostile to any revelation that favors a monotheistic interpretation, and thus might consider reversing the standard interpretation of any Judeo-Christian scripture.

On that basis: Would the Colonials regard the one third of the fleet who followed Roslin as faithful to their revealed prophecies? And would the remaining two thirds have reason to reconsider their failure to follow her? Something tells me that Commander Adama faces a more serious spiritual issue than he yet appreciates and understands.
Working...
X