INTERVIEW: Joe Flanigan (John Sheppard)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sobek
    Love the interview, thanks to GW and Joe. I only think, that I noticed him being a little reserved because you mentioned it, cause he strikes me as a normal and cool guy, and I believe him being reserved, makes him more normal
    I have to agree. I didnt think he was overly reservered either. Seemed like a champ to me.

But we fans need to remember that good ol' Joe is new to the religion of Stargate Fandom. We are a pretty intense bunch.

I hope he gets his photos soon the fan mail has got to be stacking up. Poor bugger
    Last edited by Gate Gal 1984; 16 August 2005, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Thanks guys! It was a gerat interview!
      Joe was so cute!
      I was pretty impressed that he reads and responds (at least tries to) to fanmail!
      "Well, give my regards to Baal" - Dr. Elizabeth Weir

Comment

Very well done interview, plus its been quite awhile since we saw an interview with Joe last time. Would be fun if he dropped by the boards sometime. *hey you never know

Comment

Originally posted by kadosho
          Very well done interview, plus its been quite awhile since we saw an interview with Joe last time. Would be fun if he dropped by the boards sometime. *hey you never know
          True some of the answers did seem a bit guarded, didn't they?

But I guess he has to watch what he says in case he gives any spoilers away that he's not supposed to. 'Cos that would be a tradgedy

Anyhoo I still think he's a nice guy.

Comment

Originally posted by David
            We have more video interviews already filmed that are coming soon. I can think of 2 off the top of my head.
            Oh please - let Amanda Tapping be one of them.

I've been missing her smiles and wicked grins!
            Go SG-1! Go ATLANTIS!
            WOOHOO!

<<Amanda Tapping's the only sweet hunny bunny for me>>

Comment

Shes back this week

I am so happy
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Gal 1984
                I have to agree. I didnt think he was overly reservered either. Seemed like a champ to me.

But we fans need to remember that good ol' Joe is new to the religion of Stargate Fandom. We are a pretty intense bunch.

I hope he gets his photos soon the fan mail has got to be stacking up. Poor bugger
                I think Joe did great for someone who seems a little shy of the attention at times. I'm just glad he at least attempts to do these things for us guys...

LOL...Joe thought he got torture when they filmed 'Condemned' (re: SciFi Friday Special)...after replying to all that mail, he's gonna have serious writer's cramp...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
                  LOL...Joe thought he got torture when they filmed 'Condemned' (re: SciFi Friday Special)...after replying to all that mail, he's gonna have serious writer's cramp...
                  This reminds me of the simpsons episode when Ringo Starr finally replies to Marges letter:

Meanwhile, somewhere in England... Ringo is surrounded by bags of
                  mail with the word `mail' on them, in various languages.

Dear Sally. In response to you letter of December the 12th 1966,
                  me favourite colour is blue, and me real first name is Richard.
                  Thanks for the snapshot. You're a real cute bird. Love, Ringo.
                  PS: Forgive the lateness of my reply.
                  -- Ringo Starr answering his backlogged fan mail, ``Brush with Greatness''

Ringo explains to his butler that he insists on responding to every
                  single piece of fan mail. The next letter is Marge's painting.

Dear Marge. Thanks for the fab painting of Yours Truly. I hung
                  it on me wall. You're quite an artist. In answer to your question,
                  yes, we do have hamburgers and fries in England. But we call French
                  fries `chips'. Love, Ringo. PS: Forgive the lateness of my reply.

Anybody else remember the episode
                  gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                    I've heard several times that Joe is quite the introvert. Remember that introverts expand a lot of energy when they deal with people, and recharge with solitude. Extroverts are the opposite - they draw energy from crowds and feel bored when they are alone. He obviously had a very long day and was quite drained.

As an introvert myself, I really admire him for doing these cons - it has to be nerve wracking and exhausting. Joe also seems to be just the average guy from the neighborhood. Refreshing change from the attitudes that other stars develop.

Very nice interview. Thanks guys!
                    I'm sure I've read somewhere that he was really introverted as a kid -- don't remember where though. He's probably similar now. A lot of showbiz types are kind of quiet, but switch on for the cameras, audience, etc.
                    Makes him more appealing as far as I'm concerned. Seems like a nice, normal, family-type guy.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                      I'm sure I've read somewhere that he was really introverted as a kid -- don't remember where though. He's probably similar now. A lot of showbiz types are kind of quiet, but switch on for the cameras, audience, etc.
                      Makes him more appealing as far as I'm concerned. Seems like a nice, normal, family-type guy.
                      Very well said. Joe has confessed that he was indeed very shy when younger, and as a shy person myself I know it's something you never quite get over. Kudos to him for putting himself out there. He seems to have a genuine affection for his fans which is returned in great abundance. His very obvious normalcy and love for his family makes him very special in my book, and his acting ability will keep me watching as long as he's on the screen. Thank you Gateworld, and thank you Joe.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                        This reminds me of the simpsons episode when Ringo Starr finally replies to Marges letter:

Meanwhile, somewhere in England... Ringo is surrounded by bags of
                        mail with the word `mail' on them, in various languages.

Dear Sally. In response to you letter of December the 12th 1966,
                        me favourite colour is blue, and me real first name is Richard.
                        Thanks for the snapshot. You're a real cute bird. Love, Ringo.
                        PS: Forgive the lateness of my reply.

Ringo explains to his butler that he insists on responding to every
                        single piece of fan mail. The next letter is Marge's painting.

Dear Marge. Thanks for the fab painting of Yours Truly. I hung
                        it on me wall. You're quite an artist. In answer to your question,
                        yes, we do have hamburgers and fries in England. But we call French
                        fries `chips'. Love, Ringo. PS: Forgive the lateness of my reply.

Anybody else remember the episode
                        Yeah, I remember that...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                        "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Excellent Interview! Poor Guy (Joe Flanigan) looked so tired though!

How funny...
                          "I'm not really sure that I have the mental capacity to make that recall right now."

Comment

I know I'm really late to this party, but where's the video? The link on the first page of this thread doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by gyri View Post
                              I know I'm really late to this party, but where's the video? The link on the first page of this thread doesn't work.
                              http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/...e_people.shtml
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                              X