• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INTERVIEW: Joe Flanigan (John Sheppard)

VIDEO INTERVIEW:
    MAN OF THE PEOPLE
    GateWorld talks with Joe Flanigan

GateWorld catches up with Stargate Atlantis's leading man, who talks about the new season and his experience on stage at a Stargate convention.

READ MORE ...

Last edited by GateWorld; 21 September 2010, 03:07 PM.

Very cool. It's nice that you guys have these things in video format. (I didn't realize that before.) Being able to see it adds a great deal to the overall interview.
    "Just smile and wave, boys...Just smile and wave."

Comment

Thanks a bunch for that. Enjoyed it!

Comment

Lovely little interview,imo. I hope his photos arrive asap, so he can reply to his ever-building fanmail !
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

very nice... off to d/l the interview... keep up the great work Darren and David
          sigpic

Comment

Nice, but he was way too reserved at the beginning. I got the impression that David/Darren was trying to drag the answers out of him, it was like:

"Come on Joe, give us something here"

ROFLMAO

But after the first few minutes, he got going and he sounds very cool.

Thanks D/D and Joe
            Go SG-1! Go ATLANTIS!
            WOOHOO!

<<Amanda Tapping's the only sweet hunny bunny for me>>

Comment

A video interview I didnt notice that bit - Theres usually just an audio recording so I just read the interview instead

Theres also a download link at the bottom of the streaming window

Perhaps you could also a download link on the interview page
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

Ooooh, video interview...nice!

Thanks Darren, David and of course, Joe!

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

yes vid is always good... wish there was more that were done on vid.
                  sigpic

Comment

We have more video interviews already filmed that are coming soon. I can think of 2 off the top of my head.

Comment

Nice interview, but did anyone else get the feeling that Joe seemed slightly... I dunno, uncomfortable at times? As if he wasn't really sure what to do/say?
                      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

I agree he did seem uncomfortable - maybe it was because people had been asking him questions allday and he had enough

Perhaps you should tell the person being interviewed the questions beforehand, give them some time to think and then film it.

You made a mistake on the content metadata section:

The clip is titled 'Nykl':

gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                          Nice interview, but did anyone else get the feeling that Joe seemed slightly... I dunno, uncomfortable at times? As if he wasn't really sure what to do/say?
                          Yeah, I think that's why I liked seeing the video here so much. I couldn't really tell for sure just from reading interviews that people had posted online, but I think JF's default position is "introverted." He's the type that likes being around people, but is more comfortable letting someone else be the center of attention. Probably makes being the lead of a TV show kinda difficult, and I'm actually appreciating being able to see him trying so hard to get over it.

Thanks again for this, GW!
                          "Just smile and wave, boys...Just smile and wave."

Comment

Oh, my.

WOW!

Darren and David, what a fantastic interview. You always do a wonderful job at GateWorld, but this interview...just wow.

Joe Flanigan certainly knows who he is and where he is at in this point of his life and career. How refreshing to see a young man with his talent and potential being so honest; charming; aware of his responsibilities not only to himself, but to his fellow actors and the staff/crew of the series -- and the fans of the series; open to change; and aware that this could be fleeting but for the grace of...

Thank you SO much for all your hard work, and thanks to Joe Flanigan for sharing his time with you and utlimately with all of us.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                            SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                            Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Well you have to take into consideration that this was at the Vancouver Creation Con and this was his first real fan run convention experience. He'd done San Diego Comic Con, which is in no way like a Creation Con, and he'd just got done doing photo ops then his panel and then signing tons of autographs. So he was probably more tired than uncomfortable. When he first arrived at the hotel he was greeted by tons of people who were waiting in line for their photo ops yelling "Hi Joe" and "We love you Joe!". His face when he saw everybody was pretty priceless. He seems like a reserved guy anyway and I imagine being faced with a crowd makes it even more so. He was very nice and very much a gentleman during the photo ops (standing and shaking hands with each person) but I was a bit worried that he would be completely overwhelmed by the panel. However, he did a really excellent job. He seemed completely at ease on stage and very funny. I just think that it was really great of him that he would give that interview after the full day that he had. And the rumor was that it was his son's birthday that day too so I'm doubly impressed.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Working...
                              X