This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened?

I don't know if anyone else has adressed this but I've often wondered about the connection between humanity and the Ancients. Its been said we are the "Second Evolution" of the ancients. Well that sounds a bit weird to me, while humans have seen to have been around a few million years, Ancients have been around countless millions. It was also said Ancients use a great deal more of their brain then humans, while we use about 10%. Well if humans are indeed the second evolutions of the Ancients, why now do humans use less percentage of their brain. It almost seems a de-evolution, but yet humans have all shown the potential of greater usage of their brains (Though it would eventually kill them, i.e. O'Neil and the Ancient database) and they also show the ultimate potential to ascend.

The humans in the Pegasus and Milky Way galaxies all seem the same way and "de-volved", but humans in the Ori's galaxy seem more evolved with their brain usage (The Priors for instance seem to have the powers of the past ancients. The healing ability, and as seen in last weeks they seem to have telekinesis.)

So what do you think happened with humans? Do you think Ancients engineered humans so that they didn't use so much function of their brains to spare them from the Ori plague? Is that why the ancient gene is so thin nowadays around the universe? And if humans are indeed the second evolution of the ancients, why was their full out ancients running around when their was also humans around?

What do you all think?

Originally posted by Keroude
    I don't know if anyone else has adressed this but I've often wondered about the connection between humanity and the Ancients. Its been said we are the "Second Evolution" of the ancients. Well that sounds a bit weird to me, while humans have seen to have been around a few million years, Ancients have been around countless millions. It was also said Ancients use a great deal more of their brain then humans, while we use about 10%. Well if humans are indeed the second evolutions of the Ancients, why now do humans use less percentage of their brain. It almost seems a de-evolution, but yet humans have all shown the potential of greater usage of their brains (Though it would eventually kill them, i.e. O'Neil and the Ancient database) and they also show the ultimate potential to ascend.

The humans in the Pegasus and Milky Way galaxies all seem the same way and "de-volved", but humans in the Ori's galaxy seem more evolved with their brain usage (The Priors for instance seem to have the powers of the past ancients. The healing ability, and as seen in last weeks they seem to have telekinesis.)

So what do you think happened with humans? Do you think Ancients engineered humans so that they didn't use so much function of their brains to spare them from the Ori plague? Is that why the ancient gene is so thin nowadays around the universe? And if humans are indeed the second evolution of the ancients, why was their full out ancients running around when their was also humans around?

What do you all think?
    Some neanderthal gave birth to twins. One was smart, courages, and got the attention from all the hairy girls. The other one was a small runt. The runt is our ancestor, the good one is the ancient ancestor.
    You go ahead, I'll be right behind you (In an F-302)
    And now for a completely unconnected series of random smilies:

Comment

Originally posted by Keroude

What do you all think?
      Humanity in the Pegasus galaxy is exactly like humanity in the Milky way. The Alterans/Ancients first came to our galaxy millions of years ago, seeded life across our galaxy, then travelled to the Pegasus galaxy after the plague struck and wiped out virtually all life here. They went to Pegasus to start over it, and ended up coming back to our galaxy and seeding life here again. Any differences you might discern between life in one place and life in another is purely because of social, policitical, and environmental conditions. I personally haven't seen any evolutionary differences per se.

Comment

Originally posted by Indum'kra
        Some neanderthal gave birth to twins. One was smart, courages, and got the attention from all the hairy girls. The other one was a small runt. The runt is our ancestor, the good one is the ancient ancestor.
        The present human race definitly came millions of years after the Ancients (they aren't even from this galaxy)

All life in our galaxy was wiped out by the plague. Most ancients who survived went to Pegasus to start over, but a few stayed behind and built the "weapon" at Dakara. They used it to spread new life in the Milky way (I'm thinking the monoliths from "2001: A Space Odyssey" here). The human race is one of the results (along with the Goa'uld, Reetoo, Unas, Reole, Serakin,... etc.)
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X