No announcement yet.

Small Victories (401)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thor is so funny, I laugh all the time when I watch episodes witht he Asgard in it, they are so epic!!!

Comment

"It was your stupid idea." Best. Line. Ever...especially when spoken to Sam.
      "Y'know; Lose it. It means, go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No Longer in posession of one's faculties. Three fries short of a Happy Meal. WHACKO!!!!!"

The perfect couple!

Comment

and "I don't think you're dumb enough"
        In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Intro with the mask of Ra... so boring in comparison to the one starting with the gate.

Replicators on the submarine, and we blow up the O'Neill. Also dumb ideas can be quite clever as Carter demonstrates. I wonder, though, what the yellow cube tasted like.

Tight squeeze there on that sub -- must have been so cool filming there.

Not too fond of the backdrop at the marina. They obviously used all the VFX money on the Asgard homeworld.
          And if anyone gives me crap again about my walk-cycle I'm gonna show em the funky Asgard-walk.

I wonder whether Teal'c got to keep his souvenir.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger View Post
            and "I don't think you're dumb enough"
            "I don't know, Carter, you may not be dumb enough."

Seaboe
            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Real paradox here: Carter and dumb ideas
              Nice acting by Shanks when O'Neill and Teal'c are beamed up - stammer, stammer and hands pointing to orbit - but the audience has seen the asgard light!
              CARPE DIEM
              ANJA

Comment

Great conclusion to a creepy story. Shame about the ship though.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  Intro with the mask of Ra... so boring in comparison to the one starting with the gate.
                  Yeah, the mask of Ra is back for the intro. Has been since season 3 Nemesis.
                  And if I'm honest, I'm kinda -- just a teeny-weeny happy it's back. Although, I may change my mind again soon about that.

Anyway... all the stuff on the sub is still really cool, even if it makes me claustrophobic just thinking about all the tight squeezes. They must have had a blast at the opportunity of being able to film there.

And while O'Neill and Jack Teal'c are battling rusty replicators, on the other side of the galaxy Carter and Thor are battling their own set of mecanical bugs. The virtual one in Thor's chambers is wicked -- cool imagery.

Carter's stupid idea saves the day and then they proceed to save O'Neill and Teal'c. Daniel is hilarious and Siler's reaction is gold.

How would you rate SG-1's "Small Victories?"

Excellent
                  Good
                  Fair
                  Poor
                  Terrible
                  Last edited by Falcon Horus; 05 March 2018, 11:14 AM. Reason: Thanks Muffinchucker for pointing that one out to me. :p

Comment

O'Neill and Jack both, huh?

Where was Teal'c?

Seaboe
                    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                      O'Neill and Jack both, huh?

Where was Teal'c?

Seaboe
                      LOL!!

Yup, good point... ... let me correct that.

Comment

The week comes to a close so I'm dropping the jigsaw puzzle and the quiz-link. I'll be dropping the End Of Season 3 Poll on Sunday (or next week, depending how much time I have), and the results of the season 2 poll. The season 3 poll will remain open for the duration it takes to watch season 4.

The 3-episode quiz: Nemesis, Small Victories (S4) & The Other Side (S4)

And the Small Victories jigsaw puzzle which I haven't had a chance to solve so no reference times yet.

Comment

This is not as good as Nemesis to be honest. I love the Carter and Thor story of tricking the Replicators. It showcases the limits of machine thinking and how thinking outside the box is beneficial. However I'm not a huge fan of the Russian submarine story. I don't care for the Deus ex machina rescue of Jack and Tealc. Even if the RDA look of a ship being named after him is priceless. It's a fair. I wish their was a ranking between fair and good for this episode
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

I think you just invented a new ranking then -- how does fairly good sound?

I solved the jigsaw in just over 10 minutes: 10:01

Comment

9 minutes and 11 seconds
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

16:22
                                http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Working...
                                X