No announcement yet.

Nemesis (322)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, 6pm, I've just finished watching Crystal Skull for the first time and head for the toilet thinking that's SG1 done for the day only for Mum to call me back down. Another new ep? Well...

1. Jack gets beamed up to Thor's ship...and...what the hell are these things?

2. Thor looked pretty rough.

3. Of course SAm and Teal'c were going to back him up, not sure there would have been much use for Daniel here other than, as he said to stand with his team.

4. Forgot how much our guys avoided battle with he reps and then...wall of death!

5. Just when you thought the bugs were done for though...oh crap...

End of what had been a very long marathon.
    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I don't like the replicators! But, I do like Thor, and it's good that the Asgard do have a weakness.
      Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Best episode of Season 3.

Nemesis began what is called, in my opinion, good SG-1 (otherwise known as the "Growing the Beard" phase of the series. Which ended at the end of Season 8.

This was my first full episode of SG-1 I watched (on a Skiffy rerun), apparently.

Now we "lost" the original Giza Stargate, and Season 4 begins with the Beta/Antarctic Gate in place at the SGC. I'm going to try to keep a note on that tally during the rest of the SG-1 part of Stargate Rewatch.

Tomorrow, we begin the next phase of journey, the fourth season of SG-1, and the conclusion of this cliffhanger. It will also bring Joe and Paul to the series. And because the DVD is the first season with them, I plan on watching the commentary of that day's episode, then watch the episode later that day (I've seen all the episodes, so yeah).
        sigpic

Comment

My LiveJournal post
          Going to watch part 2 now.
          "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
          "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
          "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
          "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
          >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

I love the banter between Jack and Sam at the beginning -a fishing invitation (she seems surprised, caught off gaurd).

Jack's refusal to allow the rest of the team to beam up, because he knows that it will doom them, and he will not gamble their lives, but he's determined to do whatever necessary to destroy the "bugs". He's pretty ticked when they beam up anyway -but he needs them, and I think he knows that down deep.

I love the solution of beaming up the gate in order to escape, while denying the replicators a means of escape.

This 2-parter is a action-packed romp.
            sigpic
            sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
            "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

This episode seems very simliar to the S1 finale. SG1 is on an alien ship trying to prevent them from attacking Earth. I know that is a vague comparassion but their are simlairties between the two episodes. It is still a enterraining episode none the less. This episode seems to set the standard of Carter mans the computer while Jack and Teal'c run around the ship. The action I find is good for such a small set. It was enough to keep my attention as SG1 come up with an idea to blow up the Bleskinar even if I knew they were never in danger. The idea of putting a bomb inside shields seems interesting enough. And using the gate to escape was a nice piece of continuity. Although the naqudah in the gate should have exploded when Thor's ship crashed into the Pacific Ocean. I do have to say it is somewhat cliche to show a lone Replicator in the final scene
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Just rewatched with the commentary

1. Didn't realise that that first scene was adlibbed.

2. Once again, I never expected to see the "enemy of the Asgard".

3. Jack-hologram looking like a carwash, not bad!

4. Teal'c kicking off quicker, not so bad.
                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Thor and Jack together is just hilarious ^^
                  Incredible good episode!!!

Comment

Attack of the Lego-Spiders! Ruuuuun!

An excellent episode in several ways...
                    -Jack asks Sam to go fishing for the first time
                    -The first time we see of the replicators
                    -Daniel cannot join the action due to a recent appendix surgery

And of course, it's a cliffhangar. Will Sg-1 save the day? Find out next week!
                    "Y'know; Lose it. It means, go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No Longer in posession of one's faculties. Three fries short of a Happy Meal. WHACKO!!!!!"

The perfect couple!

Comment

One small step for Jaffa
                      RIP Don S. Davis 1942-2008

Comment

and all I'm going to say about this is:

1) One small step for Jaffa

b) replicaTORs

iii) Asgard

yaayy
                        In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

I love this story.
                          And seeing the replicators for the first was fantastic.
                          they are so scary yet so small.

i love how thor explains everything about them.

Yeah the O neill brilliant
                          He is not happy when its blown up.

Comment

And thus ends season 3... and just when I was getting used to not seeing the mask intro, what do I get for the final episode on my DVD-set... yup, the mask of Ra. That, and my DVD's always start up in French, which basically means if I'm not paying too close attention the episodes will start playing dubbed in French. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing... but I prefer the original thing.

Anyway... Replicators -- woohoo!!

They look very purple-ish. They change more towards grey which is a far better color for them. They look like toy-bugs in their purple state, not that it makes them less lethal, but it almost gives them a "cute" look.

Michael's unfortunate real life appendix getting in the way, but worked in just fine. And now Daniel knows how the General feels when his first team is off getting into all sorts of trouble off-world. That'll teach em...

That replicator crawling out of the sea and onto the wreckage... uh oh, not good. Great end-shot.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

This is where I stopped watching SG1. I picked it back up around 7 or 8 I think. The Replicators story line marked a down hill point for me. Watching this episode again I'm still not liking it. I don't like anything about the enemy. I hate the look, the concept, everything.

Comment

BoH, there are a lot of episodes in seasons 4-6 without replicators. I liked this and Small Victories, but pretty much hated the replicators once they introduced the human form ones. This (along with the ORI) is IMO, a perfect example of the escalation of villains that happens with most TV shows and contributes to their unreality in a not-good way.

Seaboe
                                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Working...
                                X