• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

21:30.
    http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

I may have to switch it out for a better image.... This one's from Gateworld's screencap gallery.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

21:33 -- I was a bit distracted.

Fantastic episode! Thor, replicators, Teal'c in a spacesuit, beaming up and blowing up a Stargate were my favorite parts of the episode!

Comment

3x22 Nemesis
          1.There were no start behind Teal’c in one scene, but they showed up in the next shot.
          http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/3x22/03.jpg
          http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/3x22/04.jpg

2. The chevron 5 and 6 should have been lit up at that dialing stage, when Teal’c asked help from O’Neill.
          http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/3x22/01.jpg

3.Replicators were on the stargate, so it is quite unbelievable that Carter could shot them without risking entering the blocks into the event horizont.
          http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/3x22/02.jpg
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

It's quite amazing in general that none of the replicators fell through the even horizon full stop.

Comment

I always loved this purple replicators the most as it showed that they were eating the Asgard metal materials. Somehow the rusty or the humanoid versions never impressed me as much as these ones. I always got goosebumps when I can hear their chearping sound effect and then O'Neill's face expresion then the music together. What a scene! I am not surprised this one was voted the best of season 3.

When you watch the werkfilm it mentions that the O shape corridors were used in Urgo as well, because that was test footage / test episode for the Nemesis. So when they are running on the wall actually they filmed it with white set and the whole background is also digitally painted. If I know it well as I have seen this extra years ago.
              Last edited by Platschu; 28 August 2018, 09:25 AM.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Digital alterations of sets is amazing.... ...well usually anyway.

Comment

What an episode ! Those replicators are really scary for me. And they're still pretty beautiful for 20+yo cgi.
                  I know this enemy was going to happen at some point (back in time I only watch a few seasons and now I'm watching all the series from the beginning), so I was all "it's happening ! It's happening !"

That ship is also truly beautiful
                  Imo the episode is a turning point.

Comment

Replicators are, quite possibly, the coolest critters on Stargate.

I don't understand why we never got a "Build-your-own-replicator" 3D jigsaw or something. Now, there's a merchandise I'd love to have.

Comment

Actually I have asked the same question. You can print the replicator blocks then attach them to each other...

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                        Actually I have asked the same question. You can print the replicator blocks then attach them to each other...
                        And before you know it they'll start attaching on their own, and we'll all know we have Platschu to thank to the replicator apocalypse.

Comment

I am loyal to the Goa'uld.

The 3D blocks are here:
                          https://www.yeggi.com/q/stargate+replicator/

Comment

Did you ever think what would happen to stargate when ship exploded ? TBH it rather burn out in a atmosphere. But still... from camera shot it looked like ship exploded to pieces. Stargate was connected to another planet and it contains naquadah. From episode when Nirti planted explosive to Cassandra, we know gate and big explosion together is not a good thing. It can trigger nuclear explosion. Strange i never though about it, but wouldn't it be better to create macro once they went through stargate, to teleport stargate back on planet. Supposed beam technology was still working. Because leaving stargate there could potentially destroy whole planet.

Comment

When the SG-1 has died the wormhole was overloaded with the energy of the explosion, so probably the wormhole has jumped to an other location, but then it must have been deconnected after 39 minutes. So if we follow the lore then nobody was harmed and they haven't risked any other planet.

Comment

Okay that could happen, but still risky Why not make macro to teleport it back to earth. What if it exploded like a nuke ? Doubt anyone could predict, it will jump to another location on 100%. When replicators changed course, they could set explosion right after they went through and gate has teleported. Because carter was telling o'neill when to detonate charges, so she had to monitor somehow when they reach descent to atmosphere. So she could make macro.

Also bomb was left there at the hull unatended. Replicators could have disabled it, sg1 usually would suicide themselves just to make sure there is no way enemy is going to thwart their plan, because they wouldn't risk earth. But than whole series would be over basically.

Comment

Working...
                                X