Nemesis (322)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vapor
    WHOA, Michael Shanks is the voice of Thor?! OMG, I DIDN'T KNOW THAT! THAT'S GREAT!
    I noticed the last time I watched my season 6 DVDs that Shanks even did the voice of Thor in those episodes. I thought it was really cool that instead of having someone else do his voice they managed to get Shanks to do it.

Comment

Did anyone notice the little problem about the internal dampening field? Since the IDF was operational, shouldn't it prevent SG-1 from being able to fire their guns?

And Walter said it was going to hit off the coast of california, so why was a Russian sub in US waters? The sub picked up that replicator, so it must have been off the coast of california.
      Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

Originally posted by PugGate
        And Walter said it was going to hit off the coast of california, so why was a Russian sub in US waters? The sub picked up that replicator, so it must have been off the coast of california.
        The same reason that we probably have subs off Russia coast. To spy on us.

Comment

What about the little problem with the internal dampening field? Is the explosion too small?
          Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

Originally posted by PugGate
            What about the little problem with the internal dampening field? Is the explosion too small?
            Yea its not big enough to activate them.

Also they said Thor's ship crashed 400 miles off the coast of California. Thats international waters and thats why Russia was able to keep the Stargate.

Comment

This will probably show how thick I am, but wouldn't that ship crashing into the ocean have caused a tidal wave?

Comment

Originally posted by Willow
                This will probably show how thick I am, but wouldn't that ship crashing into the ocean have caused a tidal wave?
                Not if it broken up into smaller pieces. Which I believe it was, when it was blown up as it hit the amptosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
                  Every time SG-1 is aboard an asgard ship there is no crew... only thor.
                  Another thing I thought of. They are awfully big ships with awfully big hallways, for such little people.

I enjoyed this episode. Was surprised about them taking the Stargate.

Comment

Asgard and the replicators..way cool! There were jokes galore in this one most have been mentioned previously. I think thor and jack would make a great comedy duo. I thought it hilarious that unlike us the asgard actually gain colour when they are ill.
                    Thor's ship was amazing but like QuiGonJohn said the interior was huge much bigger than the asgard need unless they have a lot of large visitors or are claustrophobic!
                    The replicator's have to be the best villains that we have had, anyone remotely afraid of bugs will hate them instantly. I think the best bit is when they make that scurrying noise and you know they are just behind the wall.
                    Was funny about the stargate disappearing, hammond didn't seem worried he just ordered the spare to be brought out.!

Comment

Yes, a new enemy to kick their butts, "they have butts" anyway good to see Thor back although he did go away from us for a while

Comment

Originally posted by LMichelle
                        i didn't really like this ep. The replicators don't really scare me. They're just animated Legos to me.
                        Personally, I adore the Replicators. They're actually kinda cute, which is a nice contrast to the Goa'uld. Plus, they're really creative creatures. The first non-humanoid aliens we've had, and I like the fact that they're not consciously trying to destroy or enslave us. They're not evil. They're just incompatible with other life. And I love it when they do that little wing-shake thing.

I thought this was a great episode. It was the first season finale, season premiere, or two-parter without the Goa'uld, so it feels nice and distinctive. The sets are gorgeous, and there's lots of action what with Sam, Jack and Teal'c pouring round after round into the Replicators.

(And I was shocked to find out that Michael Shanks did Thor's voice, too. I just found that out today!)

Comment

Good intro to the replicators......but the cliffhanger is good! I mean, one sole replicator could have been a long running storyline!...........a replicator army on earth..........but the cliffhanger also implies that SG-1 dies (that's totally obvious)

Comment

This ep also showed that ASG-1 doesnt always finish their job properly and the consequences are dire.
                            Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

I thought this was one of the better episodes...got to see a more darker perpsective and a few homages to Alien.
                              All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                              Pay it forward

Comment

A good episode. The introduction of the replicators was great! The cliffhanger at the end of the episode was also good and added a lot of tension as to wether or not SG-1 had survived. I have one question about the episode though: why was Teal'c doing the EVA in a spacve suit from the Apollo era instead of a more recent suit?

timdalton007

Comment

Working...
                                X