No announcement yet.

Nemesis (322)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is my point. I think its a fair assumption that Thor probably programmed the beam technology to target in front of the Stargate. If Hammond insisted SG-1 beam up, its not a far stretch for Jack to not beam up anything
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Perhaps he knew they would come and he was sure they would find a way out of the mess.
      CARPE DIEM
      ANJA

Comment

That's a contradiction to the episode
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Why? They did find a way out!!
          CARPE DIEM
          ANJA

Comment

Yes, but Jack was not sure they would find a way out. In fact, right until the last minute, all indications were that they would not. The script indicates that Jack thought they were going to die.

Seaboe
            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

It's a story which was to be continued - they couldn't all die! Jack O'Neill would have been the last character to think along that lines, and I don't think that the actors were told what to think!
              CARPE DIEM
              ANJA

Comment

The show got renewed -- that's what saved them.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Well duh. Everyone knows no weapon is stronger than the character shield
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                    I don't think that the actors were told what to think!
                    I didn't say the actors were. I said Jack thought that. You clearly disagree, which is fine.

Seaboe
                    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

That's the end of season 3... and damn, it's a very exciting ending.

It actually came as a surprise to me that I still was on the edge of my proverbial seat the entire time of the episode. You'd think after all this time, and knowing how the story continues, that I would just be "ah yeah, good story but they'll live so moving on"... nope, I was still pulled in entirely. Pretty much "Oh, they're not gonna make it, they're not gonna make it..."

Pretty amazing really.

Also, when Jack shoots the replicators the first time, they reform. I can't remember the replicators doing that again any time we come across them. Or do they?

Love the little buggers though. Always loved their design, and that distinct mechanical sound they make -- sends chills down my spine every single time. Love it!

The story is solid. The characters have some great interactions, and Teal'c's "one small step for jaffa" is another quote to cherish.

Ah, another thing I totall dig... beaming up the stargate and Teal'c singlehandedly dialing out like it's nothing.

How would you rate SG-1's "Nemesis?"

Excellent
                      Good
                      Fair
                      Poor
                      Terrible

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                        It's a story which was to be continued - they couldn't all die! Jack O'Neill would have been the last character to think along that lines, and I don't think that the actors were told what to think!
                        In my opinion, a good director would very likely tell the actors what he wants them to think in a particular scene. Maybe the director wouldn't always do it, but they would do it.

Comment

One thing that bugs me (no pun intended) about this episode is I struggle believing the Replicators are the reason the Asgard have let the Goa'uld get so bad. It's hard to believe that these two have been fighting for hundreds of years. Besides that I do love this episode. It reminds me of the S1 finale. Running around alien ships seems to be an SG1 classic. Ill give if an excellent
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

The week comes to a close so I'm dropping the jigsaw puzzle and the quiz-link. And I'd like to remind everyone that it's the end of the season so I'll be posting the results of season 2 next week (or Sunday, depending on how much time I have) so if you still want to cast your vote on that, follow this link.

The 3-episode quiz: Nemesis, Small Victories (S4) & The Other Side (S4)

And the Nemesis jigsaw puzzle which I haven't had a chance to solve so no reference times yet.

Comment

Okay, that was not the best picture for a jigsaw, too grainy. I apologize in advance.

Took me 11 minutes and 12 seconds.

Comment

It may be too grainy for you mortals but the master did in 9 minutes and 38 seconds
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X