This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith Feedings

Okay, this is probably going to be a bit morbid & gross but I was kinda wondering something...

If a wraith feeds on a kid, would that mean the kid (say it was 10yrs old) grow into an adult then age....?

And what happens if a wraith feeds on a pregnant woman?

Apologies if this has already been discussed/posted before...
    BSG convert....

It would seem more likely that a child fed on by the Wraith would appear to be a progeria sufferer, rather than an aged adult. A pregnant woman would probably miscarry quite early in the feeding process; rather nasty.
    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Most (all?) predators would feed on the young when presented with the option, leaving the mature prey to continue procreating. An instinctual behavior, most likely. This may not be the case with Wraith predatory habits. A child would likely die quite quickly when attacked by a Wraith, so they would probably ignore it. They also would probably ignore pregnant females in order to ensure the continued survival of their prey.

However, once a prey animal (human) passed through puberty, and gained the strength of an adult, which the Wraith seem to prefer, they would likely have a different "scent" and therefore be attractive to the Wraith as a food source.

That makes me think: would it be possible trick the Wraith into ignoring us by altering our pheremones?

Comment

Originally posted by Quartz
        That makes me think: would it be possible trick the Wraith into ignoring us by altering our pheremones?
        Like.... not taking shower, ever?
        "Thermodynamics is the only physical theory of universal content which, within the framework of the applicability of its basic concepts, I am convinced will never be overthrown." — Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
        X