Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AleksisMi View Post
    i liked it too it was curious that they used a pyramid

I was thinking it was a Mayan paramid because the giants spoke Mayan.

Comment

Originally posted by AleksisMi View Post
      i liked it too it was curious that they used a pyramid, it made me wonder and i sort of enjoyed the possibility of a giant city somewher with that as a sort of portal or meet and great zone for the other races to find them at etc
      Like the meeting place of the 5 great races in Torment of Tantalus.

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
      I was thinking it was a Mayan paramid because the giants spoke Mayan.
      It was. The giant identified as Quetzalcoatl -- an Aztec god, which was also present in the Mayan mythology.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

4 races FH
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          4 races FH
          Oh yeah, right... 4... oops...

Comment

3x21 Chrystal skull

1.Daniel mentioned that he has got fears of height in 2x08 Thor’s chariot, but he could walk in without hesitation here.
            2.Daniel’s grandpa is in a mental institute. Janet mentioned in 3x04 Legacy that his family had never had mental issues.

3.It was very convenient for the invisible Daniel that they left out a space for him while they were walking back to the skull.
            http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/3x21/01.jpg
            http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/3x21/02.jpg
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Platschu, you missed one. Daniel moves between the time he falls when Teal'c zats the skull, and when the camera pans back to him as the others leave.

Seaboe
              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                2.Daniel’s grandpa is in a mental institute. Janet mentioned in 3x04 Legacy that his family had never had mental issues.
                Grandpa was self-admitted after a mental breakdown. Not all mental issues are passed down through the family lineage.

Comment

What the error finder has meant, if Janet checked Daniel's family history, then she would have known that his only living family member, his grandfather was locked up as they believed he has got delusions. Probably they were not planning the 3x21 at the writing of 3x04, but it felt a bit awkward.
                  "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

What the error finder has meant, if Janet checked Daniel's family history, then she would have known that his only living family member, his grandfather was locked up as they believed he has got delusions. Probably they were not planning the 3x21 at the writing of 3x04, but it felt a bit awkward.
                    Considering Daniel mentioned he wasn't close with his grandfather, it's more likely he never mentioned he had one.

Comment

I enjoy this episode so much, again except for some of the special effects.

My favorite two lines this time around, was Rothman asking Siler, “What do you think?” With Siler’s reply of “I think you’re gonna get fired.” Lol

Comment

Janet actually said there was no history of schizophrenia in Daniel's family history, not that there were no mental health issues in his family whatsoever.

In "Crystal Skull," it was said that Daniel's grandfather (Nick) had a "mental breakdown." Mental health disorders like schizophrenia can cause a mental breakdown, but anyone can have a stress induced breakdown. Janet seemed to think that's what happened to Nick, which suggests that he was never diagnosed with schizophrenia. Thus, there's no contradiction. However, even if Janet had said Daniel's family had no mental health issues, "Crystal Skull" still wouldn't contradict "Legacy" since she would have been saying they had no mental health issues that would suggest a genetic cause for Daniel's condition (a breakdown caused by stress is not something Daniel could inherit).

Legacy

Mackenzie: "Dr. Jackson's dopamine levels have increased in the left hemisphere of his brain. All these symptoms are textbook schizophrenia."

Janet: "Nobody knows the exact cause of schizophrenia. Some cases are genetic, but there's no history of it in Daniel's family. When it's not genetic, it's environmental and…the Stargate is a plausible environmental cause."

Crystal Skull

Janet: "Apparently his failure to prove the crystal skull was more than just a curiosity caused a severe mental breakdown from which he's never been able to fully recover. Nick checked himself in."

Comment

I wonder if these aliens were ascended? Sad we never got any more info about them.
                          LETS GO PEN'S

Comment

Working...
                          X