No announcement yet.

Crystal Skull (321)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree, Dana Jeanne. I wish they'd do a follow-up episode. I'd like to see Daniel reunited with his grandfather. Poor Daniel. He has no relatives left besides Nick.

Comment

I'm a Maya archaeologist, and I provided the ancient Maya translation for this episode. Don't look for me in the credits, "all I got was a lousy t-shirt" (seriously, they wouldn't even give me a hat after using my Ph.D. level knowledge of ancient Maya, just the t-shirt). I'm not dissing the episode (although I was not as impressed as other episodes), but I really wish they'd have done more with the ancient Maya in this series. There is sooooo much ancient Maya mythology and history that would fit into SG-1 mythology! Hope everyone enjoyed the episode, though. I worked for a week on how to translate "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" into a language that is not spoken any more. Just shows how much detail is involved in every episode of this show.

Comment

P.S. I always thought that they were trying to name Nick after William Bullard - a famous Maya archaeologist from the 1960's who worked in Belize.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayaboy
          I'm a Maya archaeologist, and I provided the ancient Maya translation for this episode. Don't look for me in the credits, "all I got was a lousy t-shirt" (seriously, they wouldn't even give me a hat after using my Ph.D. level knowledge of ancient Maya, just the t-shirt). I'm not dissing the episode (although I was not as impressed as other episodes), but I really wish they'd have done more with the ancient Maya in this series. There is sooooo much ancient Maya mythology and history that would fit into SG-1 mythology! Hope everyone enjoyed the episode, though. I worked for a week on how to translate "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" into a language that is not spoken any more. Just shows how much detail is involved in every episode of this show.
          I like Crystal Skull. It was my introduction into the world of Stargate. I don´t think that it was a perfect episode but an interesting look into Daniels past. I would love it, too, if there would be some more Maya mythology in the show. The problem is that I don´t think that we will have in the future very much mythology. The PTB decided that they want have a X-Files/Star Trek mix and there is no longer very much place for the history/archeology/mythology aspect.
          And it´s interesting to meet someone on this board who is archeologist. I think it´s very fascinating ocupation.
          Last edited by Hathor999; 08 December 2004, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Maybe they'll remedy that for the ninth season.
            Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

I was just thinking, if they go back to visit Nick maybe we see what it looks like outside of pyrmid when they are out of phase from the skull. Are there other people living there? Will Teal'c become out of phase with them since he has no symboit?

Comment

Originally posted by Mayaboy
                Hey cool - I'm an Egyptologist!!!!

So Stargate isn't too "dumb" or something for "us"!
                Hopefully at least the t-shirt is nice

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
                Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
                ~CELLO!~
                ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

The scene with Rothman trying to get zapped by the skull was hilarious
                  Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

I wonder if the giant ghosty person is a Furling. I hope they bring them back in a future episode. After all, they are enemies of the Goa'uld
                    Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

Originally posted by PugGate
                      I wonder if the giant ghosty person is a Furling. I hope they bring them back in a future episode. After all, they are enemies of the Goa'uld

Yea me too. They seem to have some real power and technology. Hopefully it isn't another one of those 1 episode story lines like so many are.

Comment

I love the giant, he is so sweet
                        and Jack was funny falling from the bed...lol
                        the epi was slow at the beginning but was interesting later .
                        i hope we will see Nick in the future

Comment

Those who read this thread my appreciate the stupidity of the individual who gave me red reputation points because of my Signature...even after he saw my avatar...burns me up...just because he is so stupid...normally I might not mind so much. He gave me neg and said my signature confused him.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman
                            Those who read this thread my appreciate the stupidity of the individual who gave me red reputation points because of my Signature...even after he saw my avatar...burns me up...just because he is so stupid...normally I might not mind so much. He gave me neg and said my signature confused him.
                            wow! you really like this epi Spimman
                            I like you sig and avatar!!!

I want Vala's avatar!!!

Comment

Yeah, I used to have the Knox lead guy and the quote was, "Someday you will realize your way is not the only way." I could be a little off on that quote...I found too many people had that avatar so I switched, I just really like cool SG-1 quotes.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman
                                Yeah, I used to have the Knox lead guy and the quote was, "Someday you will realize your way is not the only way." I could be a little off on that quote...I found too many people had that avatar so I switched, I just really like cool SG-1 quotes.
                                yes, and this is a really fine Q.
                                very smart one.
                                do you have one for me. i only saw till epi 4X3...

Comment

Working...
                                X