Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415

Default Re: Crystal Skull (321)

Maybe they wanted to express how big is the pyramid inside, so the background is blurred for that particular reason. I know it was done a bit lazy, but it is not that bad.

Here are some background infos about the Giant People :
    http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Omeyocan
    But this is based on a novel, so it is just "half-canon".
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

http://picasaweb.google.com/103478402021017098633

Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
    They actually made a mistake that's fairly common--they assumed that if the foreground is in focus, the background is out of focus. But if you look at pictures of people at the Grand Canyon, for example, the background is not out of focus. That's why it drives me nuts and why I think it's one of the few episodes with truly terrible special effects.

And it clicks... yes, this.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 9 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

Major

Quote Originally Posted by Platschu View Post
    Maybe they wanted to express how big is the pyramid inside, so the background is blurred for that particular reason.
    But it wouldn't be blurred. That's why I chose the Grand Canyon for my example. In this picture, for example, both the climber and the background are in focus--and that background is miles away. Blurring the background doesn't make it look huge, it makes it look poorly done.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

12:51

I enjoyed seeing Daniel's grandfather, Nick, and finding out both Daniel and Nick had similar experiences in the academic world. Loved seeing the alien giants! General Hammond's call with his granddaughter was sweet.

I rate this as good, just because the special effects were bad. Everything else was great!

Chief Master Sergeant

i liked it too it was curious that they used a pyramid, it made me wonder and i sort of enjoyed the possibility of a giant city somewher with that as a sort of portal or meet and great zone for the other races to find them at etc

Quote Originally Posted by AleksisMi View Post
    i liked it too it was curious that they used a pyramid

I was thinking it was a Mayan paramid because the giants spoke Mayan.

Quote Originally Posted by AleksisMi View Post
    i liked it too it was curious that they used a pyramid, it made me wonder and i sort of enjoyed the possibility of a giant city somewher with that as a sort of portal or meet and great zone for the other races to find them at etc
    Like the meeting place of the 5 great races in Torment of Tantalus.

Quote Originally Posted by BethHG View Post
    I was thinking it was a Mayan paramid because the giants spoke Mayan.
    It was. The giant identified as Quetzalcoatl -- an Aztec god, which was also present in the Mayan mythology.
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

4 races FH
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    4 races FH
    Oh yeah, right... 4... oops...

3x21 Chrystal skull

1.Daniel mentioned that he has got fears of height in 2x08 Thorís chariot, but he could walk in without hesitation here.
    2.Danielís grandpa is in a mental institute. Janet mentioned in 3x04 Legacy that his family had never had mental issues.

3.It was very convenient for the invisible Daniel that they left out a space for him while they were walking back to the skull.
    http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/3x21/01.jpg
    http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/3x21/02.jpg
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Major

Platschu, you missed one. Daniel moves between the time he falls when Teal'c zats the skull, and when the camera pans back to him as the others leave.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

2.Danielís grandpa is in a mental institute. Janet mentioned in 3x04 Legacy that his family had never had mental issues.
    Grandpa was self-admitted after a mental breakdown. Not all mental issues are passed down through the family lineage.

What the error finder has meant, if Janet checked Daniel's family history, then she would have known that his only living family member, his grandfather was locked up as they believed he has got delusions. Probably they were not planning the 3x21 at the writing of 3x04, but it felt a bit awkward.

What the error finder has meant, if Janet checked Daniel's family history, then she would have known that his only living family member, his grandfather was locked up as they believed he has got delusions. Probably they were not planning the 3x21 at the writing of 3x04, but it felt a bit awkward.
    Considering Daniel mentioned he wasn't close with his grandfather, it's more likely he never mentioned he had one.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415