Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Possible Runner Spoiler) Where's the stunners??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Possible Runner Spoiler) Where's the stunners??

Why do we see Ford get shot in Runner??

Why haven't the Atlantis team taken Wraith stunners for their own use like SG-1 did w/ the Zat's??

Plus, on a side note...does stabbing with the stunner have any special properties?? Remember in the Atlantis pilot how Shep kills the red-haired Wraith with a stab move when I thought they could probably regenerate.

Originally posted by Crichton
    Why haven't the Atlantis team taken Wraith stunners for their own use like SG-1 did w/ the Zat's??

Plus, on a side note...does stabbing with the stunner have any special properties?? Remember in the Atlantis pilot how Shep kills the red-haired Wraith with a stab move when I thought they could probably regenerate.
    They did take Wraith stunners, they just aren't seen often because they have no use. The Atlantis team wants to kill the wraith, not stun them.

As far as I know, the stab has no special properties. It is merely used as a close-quarter attack.

Comment

I understand wanting to kill the wraith, but the mission in runner was to try to find Ford!! why not take a stunner...shep could've shot him with that and he'd be back at Atlantis right now...that's all i'm saying.

Comment

How do we know he isnt immune to that aswell
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

don't know until you try...I'm pretty sure i've seen it work on wraith

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
            How do we know he isnt immune to that aswell
            HE is, Shep gets him in the back in Seige III and he just looks pissed off.
            IT doesn't phase him in the least.

Comment

Oh yeah so what weapons can be used against Ford?
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

well guess that solves it-

Comment

Originally posted by Crichton
                  I'm thinking that Shep managed to stab that Wraith in a vulnerable spot. They probably can regenerate easily from gunshots and such if they're in most major organs, but probably not in their equivalent of a brain or spine or heart. It would explain why some Wraith can get hit 20+ times and shake it off, while others drop like a hot rock after taking only a few hits. If your heart ruptures, I doubt you'd get very far, even if you were trying to grow another one.

Most people who suffer injuries to any of these three tend to die quickly without medical intervention as the rest of the body depends on their continuous function. Injuries to other organs tend to take longer to kill people, since they shut down only specific systems and the damage leads to other problems from infection or further organ failure.

Comment

If it did I wouldn't have to complain about how convieniently super-effective that whole thing suddenly was for our lucky boy Shep. I mean come on if you or I or nameless marine #14 had tried to stab a Wraith in the guts like that we'd be like dusty skulls and stuff right now and the Wraith would chuckle thinking about how dumb we were.

At least the Wraith would all still be asleep though so maybe we'd get like a memorial plaque or something from the Genii after they got done nuking them all.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros
                      At least the Wraith would all still be asleep though so maybe we'd get like a memorial plaque or something from the Genii after they got done nuking them all.
                      Oh yeah - they would probably just try and steal our city
                      love Torri

Comment

Wheres the zatnickatels! that'll take down a weaith real fast.
                        Und was ich sar war Menschlichkeit...

Und was ich sar war Dummheit
                        Menschlicher Neigung entsprechend
                        Tiersches Verhalten

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay,
                        Vicious

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious
                          Wheres the zatnickatels! that'll take down a weaith real fast.
                          They never took any with them because they had no idea what to expect when they went through the gate and they could only pack light-ish due to inability to tell how much power the gate would use from the zpm

There is also no guarantee they'd even work on a wraith.

Comment

You never know until you try.
                            Und was ich sar war Menschlichkeit...

Und was ich sar war Dummheit
                            Menschlicher Neigung entsprechend
                            Tiersches Verhalten

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay,
                            Vicious

Comment

i think the REAL reason there are no ZAT's on atlantis is that they look like cobra's heads and they wanted to completly severe atlantis from sg-1 as far as look and design goes.

Comment

Working...
                              X