This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qasimjavid
    Oh I see, I think that's a mask the wraith warriors wear.
    sigpic

Comment

Oh I thought they were a different kind of wraith lol
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir
        You mean it might not make compelete sense? If it doesn't then
        Spoiler:
        more will probably be explained in the ep conversion.
        lol I said it up there ^^^
        Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Apparently according to the new spoilers that were just posted.

Spoiler:
          The Wraith are made when humans get a dose of the bug DNA somehow. The bug DNA then essentially turns a normal human into a Wraith. Apparently Beckett even finds a way to reverse the effects and turn Wraith back into humans!

Comment

Actually it says [Michael episode but from the gift]
            Spoiler:
            the Wraith evolved from the bug, which fed on humans and gradually incorporated human DNA into its own
            That is the answer to this question

More Spoilers for Michael http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/0...niatlant.shtml
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Spoiler:
              the Wraith evolved from the bug, which fed on humans and gradually incorporated human DNA into its own That is the answer to this question

That's ridiculous though. You can tell from just looking at them that they're way more human than they are bug.

Spoiler:
              The sentence right before the on you quoted says Beckett finds a way to reverse the transformation by removing the bug aspects and what you end up with after that is an intact functioning human which requires a complete human genetic code not a bit of material that was absorbed by a bug, the whole deal.

In the sentance after they talk about how the human guy's shocked that being a Wraith is looked at as a disease that can be cured. This obviously points to the fact that he was somehow "contaminated" and that once the contamination was removed he became human again. If he was just a bug with some human DNA traits he'd have turned into a bug not a human right. You couldn't make a functioning human out of some scraps of genetic material a bug had absorbed over the years. Even if you account for all the mangling of genetic science that's going to go on in this episode. It's just plain impossible to build a complete puzzle when more than half the pieces are outright missing.

Then there's also the seeming fact that it says he was a former SGA Lieutenant and I don't think any of us remember seeing any giant bugs waiting to absorb human DNA on the initial expedition team.

Seriously if they go with the idea that the Wraith are more bug than human that's just being uneccesarily stupid for it's own sake since there's no good plot reason why it can't just be the opposite sensible way. If they were more bug than human, bugs that absorbed some human DNA, they'd well... look like giant bugs ala the end of the fly or the movie Mimic. Instead they look like blue people and it's even possible to turn them back into normal people just by giving them shots to supress their creepy crawly side. So obviously they're pretty much human right. Anyone can certainly conclude that much just from looking at one.

I'm holding off final judgement here until I actually see how the whole thing gets described in the actual episode. The spoilers could just be worded incorrectly or be otherwise misleading from the actual intent of the episode. I'm certainly hoping this is the case.

I've got to say if the Wraith really were giant mimic style bugs though they'd be infinitely more frightening than they are now, especially to SG:A's SFX bean counters.

Comment

Just because they look more human doesnt mean anything and I am going to listen to the shows explanation
                love Torri

Comment

Just because they look more human doesnt mean anything and I am going to listen to the shows explanation
                  It does. The route of evolution goes by the 1 with the least steps and wraith evolving from humans with bug DNA takes less steps than them evolving from bugs with human DNA.
                  sigpic

Comment

What if there was a mutation which accelarated the process?
                    love Torri

Comment

What if there was a mutation which accelarated the process?
                      Mutations tend to happen in all species at a constant rate which can be used to trance how old a species is before it evolved from a different one. It would take lots of mutations for a bug to be more like a human (like adding eyes, ears, hair, lose that long tail it had, get a complex brain etc) but with a human it'll take less mutations as alot of the traits were already there, just stuff like how it feeds, look of eyes etc are changed. Anyway from the spoilers I've been reading
                      Spoiler:
                      conversion and Michael show that the wraith probably did evolve from humans with bug DNA added to them.
                      As for a mutation that accelerates evolution is some way, a mutation affects 1 specific trait as one mutation affects just 1 gene which leads to one mutated product of it (the protein which leads to what we can see, the phenotype).
                      sigpic

Comment

OK then so why do the spoilers say
                        Spoiler:
                        the Wraith evolved from the bug, which fed on humans and gradually incorporated human DNA into its own
                        http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/0...niatlant.shtml
                        love Torri

Comment

OK then so why do the spoilers say
                          Spoiler:
                          http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/0...niatlant.shtml
                          I don't know, maybe the only info on where the wraith came from is from the ep the gift at the mo, have to see in later eps.
                          Spoiler:
                          Just in conversion it really looks like Sheppard to becoming more like a wraith. Maybe there's another explanation.
                          sigpic

Comment

The best explanation right now is probably just that whoever wrote the spoiler worded it badly or accidently misinterpreted something about the episode.

Comment

Working...
                            X