This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith evolution

I'm confused about the deatils about the evolution of the Wraith. Are they the bugs that got mixed with humanoid DNA or humanoid mixed with bug DNA?

I think the bugs fed on humans and some human dna got mixed up with them
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by shaqarava
      I'm confused about the deatils about the evolution of the Wraith. Are they the bugs that got mixed with humanoid DNA or humanoid mixed with bug DNA?
      I think the bug's DNA mixed with Human DNA or the Wraith wouldn't have human form... and also, I think Conversion will clear up some stuff.
      Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Well I was wondering if it's originally a bug with humanoid DNA wouldn't it's mouth now be some sort of vestigial body part, since it's no longer humanoid it doesn't need to feed through it's mouth. Also the Wraith seem to have some telepathic abilities so that would also nagate the use of a mouth + lips.

Or is it's evolution still quite short for it to completely lose it's mouth?

Comment

I would say 10,000 years is pretty short evolution wise
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by shaqarava
            I don't understand the difference.
            Things I've learned about the Stargate Universe:
            1. Don't kiss a goa'uld.
            2. Don't shake hands with a Wraith.
            3. Whacko! are the Ori. It's their way or the hot way.

Comment

Originally posted by !Dorentus!
              I don't understand the difference.
              In the 1st case bugs would evolve into wraith and in the 2nd case humans would evolve into wraith
              love Torri

Comment

I think it's humans or ancients that got infected with the bug DNA when attacked by them. The evolution of the wraith would had been longer than 10,000 yrs as they were already fully evolved to what they are now and were an advanced society as they were fighting the ancients at that time. The human race is only around 125,000 yrs old, so it's possible if the ancient race was millions of yrs old that humans that were seeded on a planet with the bug or ancients that were on the planet could of evolved into the wraith as they are now in a period of around 100,000 yrs and prehaps even less.
                sigpic

Comment

I'm starting to wonder if the whole wraith evolution with humans idea has some historic and/or logical holes
                  Things I've learned about the Stargate Universe:
                  1. Don't kiss a goa'uld.
                  2. Don't shake hands with a Wraith.
                  3. Whacko! are the Ori. It's their way or the hot way.

Comment

Originally posted by !Dorentus!
                    I'm starting to wonder if the whole wraith evolution with humans idea has some historic and/or logical holes
                    You mean it might not make compelete sense? If it doesn't then
                    Spoiler:
                    more will probably be explained in the ep conversion.
                    sigpic

Comment

Something could have set off a rapid process of mutations
                      love Torri

Comment

as far as we know, there could be two types of wraith, the humanoid Wraith who are the keepers, then the other Wraith that the Keepers keep, so its possible that the bugs mutated into the proper Wraith, while humans mutated into the Keeper Wraiths.

i think the best explantion would be

bugs feed on humans

then bug dna mutates humans

sigpic

Comment

Well we know there are 2 types of wraith - Proper Wraith and The Grunts (guys without proper faces) maybe there was parallel evolution from both sources
                          love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                            Well we know there are 2 types of wraith - Proper Wraith and The Grunts (guys without proper faces) maybe there was parallel evolution from both sources
                            Are the grunts from a diff scifi series?
                            sigpic

Comment

Normal Wraith - Steve or Bob

Grunt http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s2/2...gate11717.html
                              love Torri

Comment

Working...
                              X