Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is a different kitty in the picture than in rising.

The comments about the "I love me" wall reminded me of something Isaac Asimov once said and I'm paraphrasing here but basically he said that if someone had a genetic predisposition to excel in sports we praise them and make them heroes but if a person has a predisposition to intellectual excellence we either make fun of them or resent them...for some reason we fear those "smarter" than us.

I can't even imagine how difficult it would be to get a Ph.D. in physics - just that I couldn't do it.

And Rodney's wall was in his private space - and I don't think there is a lot of traffic through there....maybe it was a just a reminder to him of some of the highlights of his life. He pretty much got a bum deal with the family thing and didn't have a lot of friends, and he certainly isn't the type to have a picture of himself standing on the top of a mountain he just climbed. But he values knowledge and the degrees represent to him a lot of hard work.

And to be honest - you can take just about anything a person puts on their walls as "arrogant" or you can take it as that must have been really important to that person.

Of course Rodney is arrogant - but he tells you that upfront you don't need to look at his bedroom wall.

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
      Was anybody seriously thinking that?

Sorry couldnt resist lol
      So who's mocking Rodney now, eh...
      sigpic
      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
        Weir and Heightmeyer are the only ones I've seen with offices.
        They probably do that so less rooms are active and therefore they can conserve power
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by not so ancient
          Now, maybe, it's sad that Rodney doesn't have a picture of his parents (alive? deceased?) or sister (alive, but not a close relationship). But given what he's said about his background, I can understand.
          It is on his desk he's parents I am almost sure, I have watched this ep well a lot. I am pretty sure the pic on his desk as Cadman gets off the bed is of his parents and yes I am sure they are dead don't know why I am sure I just am. In LFP he does show he loves his sister and even in Hot Zone he thinks of her, O.K maybe he goes over board with the "Saved a lot of children" bit, but still he wants her to feel good about him for a reason.

Comment

Working...
          X