Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Hewlett should get an award (Possible spoilers for Duet)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David Hewlett should get an award (Possible spoilers for Duet)

David Hewlett should get an award ! Thats all that I have to say for now cause I am super tired... but David Hewlett should get an award .... that performance was AWESOME !
    Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid

I totally agree. His actions were almost Gollum-like in some scenes. Awesome acting from David Hewlett!

This is the world we live in. These are the hands we're given. Use them and let's start trying, to make this a world worth living in.

Comment

Originally posted by odinseye
      David Hewlett should get an award ! Thats all that I have to say for now cause I am super tired... but David Hewlett should get an award .... that performance was AWESOME !
      Preaching to the choir.

Comment

I'm in full agreement. The moments when he was Cadman instead of McKay...so great. He nailed her diction, and the feminine mannerisms were just hilarious!!!!!!!
        They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
        Spoiler:
        Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyro
          I totally agree. His actions were almost Gollum-like in some scenes. Awesome acting from David Hewlett!
          I agree... I was kinda so so right at the start when she was talking but it was him... but then at the episode progressed, and he started doing both that made it so awesome.
          Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid

Comment

Originally posted by odinseye

He was wonderful. Of course he always is.
            He was given a good script to work with too. I'm looking forward to more brilliance from him, but also would like to see the other characters get a chance to show off their talents, particularly Joe Flanigan.

Comment

I whole heartedly agree! Martin Gero should also get an award as well BTW!

I didn't like the "Gollam Split Personality Vision" thing in the shrinks office because it was jerky and all I could think of was "Dude, you are ripping off Lord of the Rings!", thats just me.

Did anyone else see all that spit David spat out when he was venting to the shrink about Cadman high-jacking his body? Hewlett man, say it don't spray it!

I thought it was really interesting that David could mimick a woman so well....very, very, interesting indeed. hmmmmmmm
              Don't feel sorry for me. I started out poor, and I worked my way up to outcast.

Comment

Agreed, Having a rather large David Hewlett DVD/VHS collection I have to say that he is an amazing actor. I'm not just saying that because I have a crush on him. He does the schizophrenic very well as he proved in PIN. Man what a fantastic episode I hope we see more of her! Ew 3am I got so excited I lost track of time. Incredible.

Comment

I recon he should get an award for every episode he does, He's just that damn good an actor Atlantis had taken over as my favourite SCi-fi show instead of Sg-1 mainly because of DAvid Hewlett, oh, and Super Ford..But that's a different story

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Great effort, reminding me of Jack's and Tealc's switch.

Comment

Did anyone notice the pictures he had hanging on the wall? The one of him holding a diploma is just soooo "McKay"...

Also, the one right above it...it looks almost like the Enterprise...or is it a space station pic signed by someone? Someone with a better screen could probably make it out.

He definitely nailed those feminine quirks...the zipping down the shirt and prepping we fems do before we go out in public... CLASSIC!

Comment

I see, at the minimum, Cable Ace nominations for both David Hewlett, for his incredible acting in last night's episode, Duet, and for Martin Gero, for writing it.

Mr. Hewlett was superb, his acting seemingly effortless, with suberb transitions from one character to the other. GREAT episode, with fantastic performances from DH and all the cast members.

Keep this up, and the season ratings will only climb!
                        Last edited by Lida; 06 August 2005, 06:54 AM.
                        On fighting:
                        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

DH's performance was definitely amazing. He acts surprisingly well as a woman.
                          Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
                          Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
                          Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
                          Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

David Hewlett did an excellent job, although I thought Michael Shanks did a better job at the whole "voices in my head" episode. And this is coming from somebody who doesn't really like the Daniel Jackson character...

But David did do an excellent job...

Ace
                            "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Originally posted by GeekPride
                              I didn't like the "Gollam Split Personality Vision" thing in the shrinks office because it was jerky and all I could think of was "Dude, you are ripping off Lord of the Rings!", thats just me.
                              I dunno, I quite liked it. It made me grin at the memories. In my mind it was a nice tribute to the trilogy I think, since as long as you don't live in a bubble you'd immediately think back to LOTR. Plus it's a little hard to not film something like that when you're dealing with multiple personalities. I think camera angles used for Gollum in LOTR have pretty much set a new standard as far as filming situations like that goes.

Anyhow, kudos to David Hewlett. I've always liked his portrayal of Rodney, and found his performances, like fine wine, only get better with time.

Comment

Working...
                              X