X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZPM from BrotherHood

A 'Why Not?/What If?' thread...

I know SGA currently has more than enough ZPM's but it could use more
    why not just shoot/kill the damn people on the 'BrotherHood' planet and retrieve the ZPM and save their asses or why not just create a duplicate of the ZPM (a fake one), sneak in and steal and replace the original ZPM with a new one...

Originally posted by Shah90
    A 'Why Not?/What If?' thread...

I know SGA currently has more than enough ZPM's but it could use more
    why not just shoot/kill the damn people on the 'BrotherHood' planet and retrieve the ZPM and save their asses or why not just create a duplicate of the ZPM (a fake one), sneak in and steal and replace the original ZPM with a new one...
    1.) We have laws against murder and quite a few moral objections as well or so I've been told.

2.) First we'd have to find it and take it without getting killed and then we'd have to face the consequences of being complete jackasses in a brand new galaxy... If it isn't already in the diplomatic rule book I'm sure theivery is understood as not the best way to make new friends.

3.) Both of those options would make us the bad guys.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

For one, they were going to hide it so we have no idea where it is. and like MarshAngel said, murder is bad.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Can't we just steal it and replace it with a fake one?
        they can still protect/worship the 'pentia' etc..

Comment

why not give them the bobby-trapped one, which Sg1 had. Tell them the wonderful light it gives off when an electical current is passed through it.

Then we feel good again. At least I will feel good about it
          sigpic

Comment

Will it will only be a matter of time before the planet is culled so they need to convince those people of our right and our need for the ZPM before it is lost forever for the Expidition team unless they want to seach the galaxy for it.

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

We do have a right to those ZPMs, because from Before I Sleep the Ancients gave Weir a note with locations of ZPMs, and so far what iv seen non of those cultures in the pegasus have a need for ZPM's only Atlantis, plus we have written proof from the Ancients to get them
              Daniel: Their whole world is in flames - and we're offering them gasoline. How does that help?
              Teal'c: We are in fact offering water.
              Jack O'Neill: Thank you.
              Daniel: I was speaking metaphorically.
              Jack O'Neill: Well stop it. It's not fair to Teal'c.

Comment

Originally posted by gary83
                We do have a right to those ZPMs, because from Before I Sleep the Ancients gave Weir a note with locations of ZPMs, and so far what iv seen non of those cultures in the pegasus have a need for ZPM's only Atlantis, plus we have written proof from the Ancients to get them
                Yea, one thing I don't understand is that why doesn't Sheppard tell them that he is a descendant of the ancients and they have the rights to use it etc...

Comment

Exactly in Brotherhood they were protecting it for the Ancients and we are direct desendants of them and can use there technology so it belongs to Atlantis
                  Daniel: Their whole world is in flames - and we're offering them gasoline. How does that help?

Comment

why dont we just shoot athar a call, get her to go in and get it and hey presto, it not intervening, its just being the delivery girl. or we could just read the energy signiture of the current one with the asgard sensors, then create a program that will broadcast through the gates ( using a 'dial all gates thing'), the deadalus then record anyplace where the signiture matches an go and picks it up using the beaming tech, any loss would be blamed on the wraith because there the only people who have that technolgy( as far as the PG knows at least)
                    simple.
                    sigpic
                    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                    Stargate : Genesis |
                    Original Starship DesignThread
                    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                    11000! green me

Comment

Now that they have the Deadalus if they find a ZPM they can just beam it up without anyone knowing

Comment

Wait, Can't SGA just find out where the damn ZPM is located and then beam it into Atlantis...this would help a lot...

Comment

Yes but how do you find out where it is only few people will know it's location unless we torture them they will never give us the location.
                          "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                            Yes but how do you find out where it is only few people will know it's location unless we torture them they will never give us the location.
                            Why must they torture anyone? They could use Asgard sensors to lock on to a ZPM's energy signature and beam it up, it doesn't matter where they're hiding it.

Comment

They wouldn't need to make a fake one. They've got 3 dead ZPM's from when they arrived in Atlantis. Just swap it with one of those.

And since the new Brotherhood doesn't haven any knowlege or intent to use it, it won't really be noticed, nor will it make any difference to them.

-IMF
                              "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                              "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                              BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X