Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maneth View Post
    Too bad we never see Nyan again.
    The actor does return but as a different character on Stargate Atlantis.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

On Atlantis he's an irritating little *rick.

Given how less often I've seen Atlantis, the fact that his character leapt immediately to mind when you mentioned it, Falcon Horus, I obviously didn't like him.

Seaboe
      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

He's only in one episode, and I think he died.

Comment

Would have been nice, though, if he had returned at least once doing some research for Jackson or sth like that.
          CARPE DIEM
          ANJA

Comment

or he is the one that got possessed by Osiris.

Comment

I must admit, this theme is still very much on topic today as it were ... err... when did this episode air?

*checks*

Almost 18 years to the day -- it originally aired on the 18th of February 2000. I didn't watch it in 2000 though, I probably didn't see this episode until about maybe a year -- two years later when I downloaded the whole lot of them and started watching this show from the beginning so I could follow season 4 that was about to air on a local channel.

Anyhow... here we have a scientist trying to proof that his people, the Bedrosians, were always in this planet and that the Optricans, a rival continent, are wrong about this elusive gateway which was used to transport people from another world. The Bedrosians' believes are so strong that anything which might contradict that believe is seen as a thread that must be eradicated and hidden from the public. Contradiction is bad.

So, if they fight to hold fast that believe -- what are the Optricans fighting for?
              I guess, all they want is access to the gateway which they possibly know where to find, and to proof to the Bedrosians that they were all brought to the planet by another being -- in this case the Blue Lotus Blossom.

So, the team gets caught up in this unfortunate event. Teal'c convinces the scientist to help him free his friends, and at the same time accept that his theories are wrong all along -- I mean, he looked genuinely rattled to the core. I fear, Rigar won't have the best plans with Mallin either when they get back to base. Especially when his entire team has been stunned and shot by these aliens -- I mean, Optricans.

Yeah, definitely like this one. A pretty solid episode.
              The only thing I'm peeved about, really, is that Nyan is never heard from again even though Daniel offers him a position as his assistent. He should at least have made an appearance here or there -- if only once.

How would you rate SG-1's "New Ground?"

Excellent
              Good
              Fair
              Poor
              Terrible

Comment

Not going to wait until next week to post these links -- not planning on continuing posting these at Stargate Command anyway, so here are the quiz-link and jigsaw puzzle for the episodes that would be covered in week 22:

3-episode quiz: New Ground, Maternal Instinct & Crystal Skull
                Jigsaw puzzle: New Ground

It took me 08:06 to finish the puzzle.

Comment

Now this is a filler FH. It serves no later purpose. At first glance its exciting because the episode is pure action. As time goes on I realize it's kind of dull. Nothing important happens and the reason for the war seems pointless. I'm calling this poor
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

I've always thought its point was to make Daniel realize how difficult it is to be the one making the hard decisions. IMO, he jumped at the chance to visit this planet in part because he was still pissed with Jack.

As to the rest of it--I agree, filler.

Seaboe
                    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

But I like Nyan...

Comment

You can like a filler character, FH. We'll let you.

Seaboe

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                          You can like a filler character, FH. We'll let you.
                          If only they wouldn't disappear so quickly all the time.

Comment

07 minutes and 44 seconds. That was a hard one FH
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

True, that it was.

Comment

10:48

This was an okay episode. I really liked Nyan as well!

I did like the interaction between Teal'c and Nyan, and how Daniel stayed strong under interrogation.

Comment

Working...
                                X