X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interview with Mitchell Kosterman, "Tom" from Heroes 1 & 2

Hi,
    I recently made an interview with Mitchell Kosterman, the man portraying "Tom" in the episodes "Heroes - Part 1 & 2". Remember, the Colonel Tom Rundell, the Cheyenne Mountain Complex Public Affairs Liaison who was always near Emmett Bregman (Saul Rubinek), the journalist. He also played in "Seth" and had a recurring role in Smallville as Sheriff Ethan Miller. He also played in shows such X-files, Millennium, First Wave, John Doe, MacGyver, Sliders, ....

He has some interesting anecdotes to say about Andy Mikita and RDA

You can read the interview there:
    http://www.stargate-ultimate.com/v_posts-pid-51390.html

Here are 2 questions:
    Stargate Ultimate: Hello Mitchell, how are you ? Could you tell us a bit about yourself, who you are, what leads you in your career, personal life ?

Mitchell Kosterman: Hello, Gilles. I am doing well. I hope you are well also.
    I was born and raised in and around Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. I am married and I have three children. I have worked in many different jobs. I was a Corrections Officer for five years and an Investigator for the British Columbia Attorney General for nearly 15 years. I started acting in 1987. I am 47 years old.
    My first job was on the series Wiseguy and I have worked on more than 120 shows since. I have been writing for years and it is my ambition to get one of my screenplays made into a movie some day. At home I am renovating our house and I enjoying learning about carpentry, plumbing, etc.

SGU: The roles you play are often "cop-oriented" ones or authority representatives, is it a personal choice or is it opportunities that come to you ? If it's a personnal choice, why this choice ?

MK: These are the opportunities that come to me. But I love doing them. I believe I have played more cops than any actor I have ever known and I like being able to say that. I have a new agent and when she first started to represent me we had a long talk about where my career should go. One of the things we talked about was trying to do more than just cop stuff. She wanted me to put a lot of energy into trying to get out of the cop roles and into something else.
    I did try but she soon realized something I have known for years: the industry sees me a certain way and it may not be worth fighting that. The auditions I get to read are mostly cop roles but I like doing the cop roles. I feel very comfortable doing them and people tell me I do a good job. How can that be a bad thing?
    Last edited by Wallpaperman; 05 August 2005, 03:43 AM.
    Gilles
    http://www.thescifiworld.net

Amanda Tapping interview
    Ben Browder interview
    Beau Bridges interview

Thanks
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Working...
    X