This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naquadah Generators?

Now they have the ZedPm, what will they do with the (um, i think it's three generators including the mk 2) they have left? keep them in storage, keep them running to try and help with the ZedPm? Put them to work with something else portable???

Any comments are welcome

P.S. Sorry if i mispelt Naquadah , how DO you spell it? Am I correct?
    Last edited by Ascended Times.2; 05 August 2005, 12:25 AM.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

I'd imagine that they would try and run as much as possible with the naquadah generators to conserve the ZedPM.

Spoiler:
    Although at the end of Intruder Zelenka made a comment of several wonderful things that had activated since installing the ZedPM.
    Last edited by kohar; 05 August 2005, 01:07 AM. Reason: messed up spoiler tags

Comment

i think that they'd primarily use the Generators so the ZPM doesn't lose power running systems that the generators run without a problem, but i think they'd use the ZPM to experiment.

perhaps test other features of the city which would normally be unavailable, or test things which they already knew about, but couldn't test because the Generator's weren't compatible or strong enough

sigpic

Comment

Hm....Episodes in store I believe new weapons perhaps...Any ideas on how long a Naquadah generator can last before it's depleted?In Atlantis I mean.

Comment

the ZPM will be used to power the actual city, and the stargate, the NG will be used to power earth stuff like the laptops and lamps and ,malps a other stuff like that.
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

Seems a little excessive to power laptops with a naquadah generator, they'd probably explode with power overload, they pretty much don't use malps and lamps? why do you need lamps when the whole city is being powered by the ZedPM???

Although, I'm sorry if i took it a little to far. Thank you for replying

Comment

My guess is that they'll use the naquadah generators for all the tasks they were peforming before; powering the control room, the Stargate, the command tower, etc. The ZPM will be used to power the shield, and to experiment on various things in the city.

Comment

The mark II died in Siege II, that's why sheppard had to make the suicide run

Best Stargate quote:
                Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                Green is your friend.

Comment

True, but now that they can be regularly resupplied by the Daedalus, equipment shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

i'm wondering about that anyway. why don't they just bring tons of naquada generators with the daedalus to power more of the city?

Comment

Working...
                    X