This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Point of Origin symbols

So there are billions of stars in this galaxy alone. Probability is that not all of them have planets. Even the ones that have planets capable of sustaining life we're talking numbers, atleast, in the thousands probably even hundreds of thousands.

Don't you feel sorry for the guy who got assigned the task of designing a Point of Origin symbol for all the stargates destined to be put on those worlds? Not to mention all the new gates for Pegasus, and even where ever the Ancients originally came from

Yeah his job must have been crap
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by shaqarava
      So there are billions of stars in this galaxy alone. Probability is that not all of them have planets. Even the ones that have planets capable of sustaining life we're talking numbers, atleast, in the thousands probably even hundreds of thousands.

Don't you feel sorry for the guy who got assigned the task of designing a Point of Origin symbol for all the stargates destined to be put on those worlds? Not to mention all the new gates for Pegasus, and even where ever the Ancients originally came from
      That would be cool for like the first 3 symbols. That would have been so boring.
      I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

They are the ancients and I doubt that they would waste that much time doing it, I'm betting that they just made a computer program to do it...
        sigpic
        Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Good point lol
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

It would explain all of the PoO nitpicks if the guy who made the symbols just got tired and reused a few.

Or how about the person who had to put the ninth chevron on the gates, knowing that it'd probably never be used...
            JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
            VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
            MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
            LANDRY
            : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
            Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
            Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
            Mmm... Green...

Comment

Maybe they did it the other way around, they had the constellations and decided to colonize the world's which where in the center of those constellations.

Comment

Working...
              X