This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cameron - Discussion and Appreciation

A Cameron friendly thread... for the discussion of Cameron as opposed to the 'thunking'... much as I really enjoy a good *thunk*

What do you like about the character? What did you think the first time you saw Cameron? How do you think the integration of Mitchell into the SG Verse has been handled?
    Last edited by Kas; 24 November 2005, 04:37 AM.

Well, I can't say I know the character too well, which makes sense seeing as it's only been 3 episodes, but I like him so far. It's just a general impression right now. He's friendly, respectful, caring, brave, has a sense of adventure. But, these traits haven't really gotten into what makes Mitchell (it'll take hearing more characters actually call him Cameron before I start thinking of him as that instead of Mitchell) Mitchell as opposed to anyone else who might have those same traits. The most distinctive characterization about him so far is his southern background. I'm interested in seeing more of the little quirks, and yes, the flaws, that are distinct to him.
    I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

i think i thunked to hard when i first saw his char. what do i think of him... mmmmmmm i love.. er.. like him so far. i cant wait for more of him.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
        but I like him so far. It's just a general impression right now. He's friendly, respectful, caring, brave, has a sense of adventure. But, these traits haven't really gotten into what makes Mitchell, Mitchell as opposed to anyone else who might have those same traits.
        You're so right... TPTB have done an excellent piece of work in making CM real and likeable. He has those strong character traits but then so do many... he's off to a good start and they are being quite prudent in letting us get to know the character slowly.

Originally posted by Dani347
        The most distinctive characterization about him so far is his southern background. I'm interested in seeing more of the little quirks, and yes, the flaws, that are distinct to him.
        Me too. I'm enjoying seeing him slowly unfold and I really enjoyed those references to his Southern upbringing. I've enjoyed what I've seen and am also interested to get to see what really makes him tick... Like Landry, I want to discover his kryptonite as opposed to the A+ on paper.

Comment

I really enjoy him thus far. From what we've seen he's been through hardship and I think in the future that will give him a deep depth as to how he handles certain situations.

He's funny and a realistic military man, his reaction to finally being at the SGC was dead on for someone who wanted the position.

In fact I enjoy him so much that I'm developing a series based on his life away from the SGC.

Comment

I replied to another thread (the one with the poll about liking or not Cameron Mitchell), so I'm not going to say again the same. You can go here and read my comments.

I like the character so much that for the first time I created a Yahoo group dedicated to him, a family friendly list (i.e: suitable for all ages).

I'm sooooo looking forward to getting to know him more!

Comment

I like him!!!!! And I think Ben Browder plays him very well!

The first time I saw him, I thought he was fun!

I love his "jokes" and when I was watching "Avalon" I had the impression that sometimes it was Jack O'neill who was talking...

My blog : http://stargateguyz.blogtrafic.com

Comment

*waves to Kas and CKO*

I do like the character. Most people may at first think he is a Jack clone. That is the same thing they said about Sheppard but Sheppard is nowhere like Jack and the fans now know that. Watching the first three episodes, here's what I thought about Cam.

Avalon, Pt 1--I did see a lot of Jack in him and what Jack would have said in those situations.

Avalon Pt. 2--Found out that Cam took fencing in college. The rest of the epsiode was more on Daniel and Vala, IMO.

Origin--I still seen a lot of Jack but more of Cam in this episode than the other two.

Some times it takes a whole season for a new character to come into his own. IHMO. This maybe what is happening to Cameron, like it did Sheppard on Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham
                  I really enjoy him thus far. From what we've seen he's been through hardship and I think in the future that will give him a deep depth as to how he handles certain situations. .
                  I, too, really think that his experiences will have a large effect on how he leads.

He's funny and a realistic military man, his reaction to finally being at the SGC was dead on for someone who wanted the position..
                  As Landry said to Jack - "You should have seen his face"... I loved the emotion Ben gave CM here... he'd really built himself up to join the team/assignment of his dreams - kept himself going - and it was all being shattered. Also, his reactions as the others at least came to be working 'together' with him...

In fact I enjoy him so much that I'm developing a series based on his life away from the SGC.
                  Is this the first Cam fiction? I look forward to it.

Originally posted by Greytop
                  Some times it takes a whole season for a new character to come into his own. IHMO. This maybe what is happening to Cameron, like it did Sheppard on Atlantis.
                  Hi Grey *waves back*
                  Very true... and they are definitely giving him the 'slow burn' as Claudia Black said in an interview. Hopefully, this means there will be much to talk about each week.

Comment

Originally posted by lily
                    I replied to another thread (the one with the poll about liking or not Cameron Mitchell), so I'm not going to say again the same. You can go here and read my comments.

I like the character so much that for the first time I created a Yahoo group dedicated to him, a family friendly list (i.e: suitable for all ages).

I'm sooooo looking forward to getting to know him more!
                    Hey Lily, it was really great to read your comments as a newbie to the actor as well as to the character. It's a tribute to the actor that he was able to make you like and feel for his character from the start.

- I love his sense of humor. One of the things that got me hooked on Stargate years ago was Jack's sense of humor, and the show's sense of humor in general. One of the things I love in real life is that: sense of humor. And I find that in Cameron. His is different from Jack's, but lovable anyway.
                    I actually found his humour different from Jack too. I know many see similarities, but to me - Cam's is not so drily cynical.

- - the background we saw through the flashbacks. Some people hate it. I absolutely LOVED it. We see his sense of sacrifice, honor and camaderie..
                    And I so agree with you on this. I LOVED the flashbacks as grounding for Cam, sensing the same values as you did... didn't find them too long or unnecessary.

- - he's a team player..
                    I really like the way he's reacting to Daniel and Teal'c - he's not pushing it but earning their respect just by actions. He's really enjoying actually learning the mythology from Daniel and respects him (and all of SG1) - A real fan boy

Comment

Originally posted by Kas
                      Is this the first Cam fiction? I look forward to it.
                      I finished the first chapter which goes with "Avalon I" today - I'm not sure about it though...I figured I'd do a chapter per episode, so there are moments that link directly into the show.

Also in my studies for the chapter I noticed - how long was Cameron out after the crash? Because when Jack shows up to tell him after he's healed he'll get any post he wants? He's already a General! The crash happened over two years ago! So was Cameron in a coma the entire time?

Comment

I figured I'd do a chapter per episode, so there are moments that link directly into the show.
                        That sounds like an idea...especially as his character is so new. It'll be in keeping with character canon that is known so far. I'll go and read this PM after work.

Also in my studies for the chapter I noticed - how long was Cameron out after the crash? Because when Jack shows up to tell him after he's healed he'll get any post he wants? He's already a General! The crash happened over two years ago! So was Cameron in a coma the entire time?
                        Very good point. I believe he was definitely in and out of subconciousness for a while and then in a *painkiller* haze for some time - I don't think he was comatose though or else they probably wouldn't have had Sam and Entourage 'officially' turn up to advise/award the CMOH (IMO - it was to advise as I would have though any award presentation would be given when he was up and well).

Given the extent of his injuries - internal damage - damage that led to him most likely never walking again etc, it would have taken a great deal of time to first heal and then reach 100% fitness.

Comment

I haven't been able to see this episode yet... Any other aspects of Cam's character revealed? Relationships to cast members etc?

Comment

I don't think that Daniel and Teal'c have complete accept him as of yet, especially Teal'c. In The Ties that Bind,
                            Spoiler:
                            Teal'c said to Cameron that he reminded him of O'Neill and Cam took that as a complinment from Teal'c.
                            I think Teal'c will accepts him in the episode, Babylon,
                            Spoiler:
                            where Cameron fights the Kel Shak Lo, because he had spilled Solan blood.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                              I don't think that Daniel and Teal'c have complete accept him as of yet, especially Teal'c. In The Ties that Bind,
                              Spoiler:
                              Teal'c said to Cameron that he reminded him of O'Neill and Cam took that as a complinment from Teal'c.
                              I think Teal'c will accepts him in the episode, Babylon,
                              Spoiler:
                              where Cameron fights the Kel Shak Lo, because he had spilled Solan blood.
                              I think you are spot on here. Mitchell has to prove himself with a warrior like Teal'c for whom actions speak louder than words. I had hoped that after events of Origin that Teal'c was starting to really respect Mitchell and likes his 'never say die' attitude... Hmmm, maybe that comparison comment was meant that way
                              Spoiler:
                              although, why did Teal'c come back with that look and 'As you wish' comment? Did he find some actions of Jack less than admirable?

I really loved all the Mitchell and Danny scenes together this week...These two are already working well together and 'in tune'... just wish that Danny would make his participation 'official' but obviously TPTB are waiting for AT's return.

I really enjoy Ben & Michael's play off each other and like the two men have stated, join them in wanting to see their characters let loose on each other... see where it takes them.

Comment

Working...
                              X