X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the SGA Costume Department??

Hello!!

This may sound a little weird... but what the hey, here goes!

Okay, so I'm a newbie to this forum but a big fan of Stargate - Especially Atlantis... It's pretty popular here in Oz (er, that's Australia - LOL) too. I'm wondering if there is any way of making a request to the SGA costume department (if there is one??)...

Since the Earth folk on Atlantis come from all over the planet & thats represented by the various flags on their uniforms... I was wondering if some could have an Aussie flag...? I know it probably seems like a silly request, but it would be SO COOL to see an Aussie or 2 wandering around Atlantis - even if it's just in the background! ("Crikey! Look at that bugger Major!" haha - okay, - no really, we don't all talk like Steve Irwin I swear!!)

We're still in Season One over here, so maybe some will pop up in season two... I'm not sure...

But if the costume department (or writers?!) read this forum... well, it can't hurt to ask, right?

I'll even donate the patches if someone can direct me where to send them...?
    **looks hopeful**
    BSG convert....

You could ask Joe Mallozzi the Executive Producer

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=1254
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

If I were you I'd pay closer attention

An Aussie arm patch was seen in Siege Pt.2 I think (might've been Pt.1)

*mutters*Lucky Aussies wheres the Irish guy*mutters*
      sigpic

Comment

hey im from Oz aswell if you watch carefully in rising part 1 around the time becket tell sumner he dosnt answer to him theres an ozzie chick there. I'll find a pic

Comment

Which countries are actually represented in the international consortium that oversees the Atlantis expedition? I mean, it'd be nice to see a lot more countries' flags but unless the Stargate's been declassified to their leaders it ain't happening.
          Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
          Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
          Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
          Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

I think it has been shown to the permanent members of the UN Security council
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
              I think it has been shown to the permanent members of the UN Security council
              Research, research, research...

Ok, according to a couple of websites I've found (here and here), the current membership of the 15-member UN Security Council is as follows:

Algeria
              Argentina
              Benin
              Brazil
              China
              Denmark
              France
              Greece
              Japan
              Phillippines
              Romania
              Tanzania
              Russia
              UK
              USA

Of those, only the USA, the UK, Russia, China, and France are permanent members. So apparently, if an Australian patch has been shown before, the Stargate's been declassified to more than just the Security Council members...
              Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
              Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
              Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
              Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

Well in Disclosure they told China, Britain and France about it
                Canada and the Czech Republic also know as they have people on Atlantiis.
                Also Australia and possibly Japan depending where Kusanagi is from
                love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                  Well in Disclosure they told China, Britain and France about it
                  Canada and the Czech Republic also know as they have people on Atlantiis.
                  Also Australia and possibly Japan depending where Kusanagi is from
                  Canada definitly knows in "Lost City" the president orders, France, Britain, Russia, China and Canada informed of Anubis's attack

Kusanagi is seen clearly sporting a japanese flag in "Letters from Pegasus"

Anyone else think that in the aftermath of Anubis' assualt on earth in "Lost City" the Stargate was reveiled to all the world leaders. Afterall Anubis attacked targets all over the world to destroy communications. And there was the small matter of glowy squids of doom shooting out of Antartica
                  sigpic

Comment

watch new order and the one with the clone and the businessman, aftermath is clear to me.......the public are able to cope and deal with 'the big truth'
                    sigpic
                    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                    Stargate : Genesis |
                    Original Starship DesignThread
                    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                    11000! green me

Comment

Just because the individual members are from different countries, I don't think that necessarily means the government of the country they are from knows about the Stargate. It's possible a highly talented Aussie was already doing some research in the States, and Weir chose them to be on the expedition. Their government wouldn't need to know exactly what kind of research the person's doing.
                      My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

The members of the Atlantis Expedition are from countries that signed the Antarctic Treaty. The United States was treaty-bound to inform them of the weapons in Antarctica and get their cooperation because the treaty expressly forbids military in Antarctica.

http://www.asoc.org/general/ATS2.htm

P.S. I want a Finn on Atlantis!!!
                        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
                          hey im from Oz aswell if you watch carefully in rising part 1 around the time becket tell sumner he dosnt answer to him theres an ozzie chick there. I'll find a pic
                          Thats actually a Kiwi flag, red inside the stars and no star under the union jack.
                          Where as the Aussie Flag has completely white stars and a star with seven points underneath the union jack.

Comment

Yeah, I think that is a kiwi flag... But is that on at Atlantis or still in the gate room on Earth??

Hmm... rightio, that's it! I'm going back to watch EVERY.SINGLE. EPISODE. again!!!
                            BSG convert....

Comment

Originally posted by knowsfords
                              Thats actually a Kiwi flag, red inside the stars and no star under the union jack.
                              Where as the Aussie Flag has completely white stars and a star with seven points underneath the union jack.
                              why isnt there any red in the stars then?

Comment

Working...
                              X