This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should have ended with Season 8

I think that instead of near-complete recasting of the show, they should have ended with season 8. What do you think? I've of course have oppinions, so you're welcome to support the idea or shoot me down. Later ya'll

Personally I really like Vala in the show, so as long she is in the series you won't hear me complain.

Comment

I'm liking Season 9 so far. Sure I miss the "old SG-1" but we still have Daniel and Teal'c, and Sam will be back soon.

Comment

I'd have hated it if they had ended it with Moebius
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
          I'd have hated it if they had ended it with Moebius
          Me too, it would've been an awful ep to end on. I think S7 would've been a better season to end on. However I'm glad we've got a S9, and I'm glad it hasn't 'ended' yet.

Comment

Personally, I have mixed feelings. I guess I just need to see where they're taking this new storyline.
            ~Melanie

sigpic

Comment

I like season 9 so far and as long as its still fun watching it I think it should go on.
              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Well, the show is still successful with ratings, so whether anyone thinks so it was wise to not stop at season 8.

However, I'm enjoying it.
                Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                Stargate Destiny, Fan
                Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

They couldn't have ended it with Season 8 or else the Atlantis Expedition would be Stranded from Earth and if they return, the Wraith will follow.
                  Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

I disagree - I think the introduction of the new character has made it a new show - so i think the SG-1 did end in season 8 but this is the new one.
                    i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

Originally posted by oragans
                      I disagree - I think the introduction of the new character has made it a new show - so i think the SG-1 did end in season 8 but this is the new one.
                      I like the new story line so far, I think that they should continue as long as they have the support they need for the show to go on. Personally, even with the new casting the show is interesting. Why end a good thing (show)??
                      -- Mike

Comment

actually I had hoped RDA would have stuck around for 2 more seasons till end of Season 10 or even season 9. Then they could cast 18-year old Michael Welch as the 18-year-old Jack Jr. Jack Jr. would know everything about Stargate up to Season 7. so all he'd need to catch up on would be what happened in the rest of Season 7,8, and 9.
                        Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Originally posted by oragans

I agree. It's a different show with some familiar faces.

People who wanted it to end in season 8 can say that it did. Those who don't want it to end yet can keep watching the new incarnation.

I'm glad it is still going because I'm enjoying it so far. I will miss Jack, Hammond and Janet, but I am interested in getting to know Cameron, Landry, Vala and Lam. Daniel, Teal'c and eventually Sam will still be around.
                          Jace

When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people.

Abraham Joshua Heschel

Comment

Isn't their already an anti-season 9 thread still going strong! Why not post it in there instead of starting a new thread on the exact same thing.

It's been pretty good so far & long may it continue!

Comment

Near-complete recasting? I count 3 new faces: Landry, Mitchell, and Lam. We've still got Daniel, Teal'c, Carter, Walter, Siler, and other elements from the earlier seasons. In fact, I think one of the reasons that I like S9 so far is that it has some new elements, but they're couched pretty firmly within a heap of familiar elements, and certain other elements (most notably the good interpersonal humor) will probably return as the newbies settle into their roles and the writers settle into writing for them.

It does feel like a new show, but I'm pleased with it so far. I'm glad they continued the series for the people who can accept the changes. Those who can't still have 8 seasons of DVDs to immerse themselves in still. Win/win situation.
                              Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
                              Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
                              Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
                              Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

Working...
                              X