No announcement yet.

Shades of Grey (318)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, I never said so! Still it doesn't make sense that we see other first primes (including Bratac) fly ships (Teal'c does so later, too!) and Teal'c supposedly wasn't taught (Apophis would never be satisfied with an inferior "product" to the first primes of the other systemlords!)

greetings LAX

Comment

Originally posted by Laxian of Earth View Post
      No, I never said so! Still it doesn't make sense that we see other first primes (including Bratac) fly ships (Teal'c does so later, too!) and Teal'c supposedly wasn't taught (Apophis would never be satisfied with an inferior "product" to the first primes of the other systemlords!)

greetings LAX
      It depends on the job requirement. We don't know the history of each jaffa. For all we know Bra'tac was once a helmsman when he was younger or maybe at one point of time he was taught. He is much older than Teal'c and Teal'c was later taught. Same with Her'ak. In all likelihood, the First Primes were elites selected from different fields (helmsmen, glider pilots, ground troops) who proved they were capable on the battlefield commanders. The ones who could fly Ha'taks were simply helmsmen before. But there's nothing in the First Prime job description that lists "fly a Ha'tak" as a job requirement. To say a First Prime is a bad First Prime because he can't fly a ship is like saying Navy Seal is a bad Navy Seal because he can't sail a naval ship. A helmsman can become a Seal. A Seal could learn the skills of a helmsman. But a Seal doesn't need to be able to sail a ship.

sigpic
      Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
      https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Originally posted by Laxian of Earth View Post
        I haven't said so, but IMHO it would be kind of negligent not to teach them so that they can fly a ship if they have to
        How is this not saying so? How is this different from saying (because StargateMillennium's example was better than mine) that all Navy Seals should be taught to fly "just in case"?

It's about the best use of resources, which isn't to teach people who will most probably never need to know, how to use expensive & sophisticated equipment.

Seaboe
        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

(Fifty) Shades of Grey is actually a rather boring episode, if I may be so honest.

It's okay, not bad, but just a little too boring for my taste.

Okay, so Colonel O'Neill pretends to have it with the soft take on acquiring technology by the SGC and decides to go rogue with Maybourne in a ploy to catch the latter and his rogue team in the act and arrest them all for high crimes. And that's about it. I'm even surprised they managed to fill 42 minutes with this.

This was a filler, wasn't it. It sure feels that way to me.

I did like that shot of O'Neill stepping through the stargate in the SGC and emerging right after through the one on Edora, where the DHD is still showing the signs of having to be patched back up after the fire rain event. I really liked that continuity.

Beyond that, it's just meh for me...

How would you rate SG-1's "Shades of Grey?"

Excellent
          Good
          Fair
          Poor
          Terrible
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

3-episode quiz: Urgo, A Hundred Days & Shades Of Grey
            Jigsaw puzzle: Shades Of Grey

My time: 08:21 (not for reference, cause I know people faster than I am)

Comment

Its not a filler FH because it develops the rogue NID arc. I'm of two minds with this episode. I can't decide if I like or hate this episode. On one side I like that we learn more about the rogue NID as a more practical aspect of Earth. On the other side its totally unbelievable that Jack was ever going rogue. No one should be able to believe what he said because it was obvious a sham. I call it a poor because Im feeling negative today
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                On the other side its totally unbelievable that Jack was ever going rogue. No one should be able to believe what he said because it was obvious a sham. I call it a poor because Im feeling negative today
                See, I didn't buy that either... not even Daniel. Not even an inkling -- they should have an inkling.

Comment

7 minutes and 56 seconds. I was afraid for a second
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Not going to tell this time, suffice to say twice as long as you two
                    http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Twice as long -- you clearly take your time.

Comment

I am not going to watch this-- I hate betrayal situations, even if it is a sham. I really don't want to get angry.

Comment

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
                          I am not going to watch this-- I hate betrayal situations, even if it is a sham. I really don't want to get angry.
                          Kinda like how I will never watch Demons again.

Comment

Or Heroes
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              Or Heroes
                              Nope, that I will watch at least once more... Once more.

Comment

I actually watched it this time around. It was easier to watch know that it was all a ploy. No anger was felt because of that knowledge, thank goodness!

11:20 for the puzzle.

Comment

Working...
                                X