• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith / Par-wraith link

Coincidence?

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Pah-wraith

Maybe the Wraiths history is similar to the pah-wraith history or something
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

I don't think so, the wraith where evil from the start or else the hologram in 'rising' would have mentioned it.

Comment

the wraith aren't evil!! they just want to eat!!! can't blame a brother for eating.

the only diffrence from humans is that the cows, pigs chickens and fish don't have guns......yet.
      Get YOUR P90 Here!
      Am i alone in hoping that the Seaquest seasons with the DeLuise brothers are finally released on dvd??

Nice hair!!

Comment

yet?
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by whatswiththehairtealc
          the wraith aren't evil!! they just want to eat!!! can't blame a brother for eating.

the only diffrence from humans is that the cows, pigs chickens and fish don't have guns......yet.
          pigs, cows and chickens aren't what you call sentient life forms, humans are, well for the most that is.

Comment

the par-wraiths are more like the Orii really
            with the phophets being the Anicents

Comment

I think it is a coincidence, I don't watch startrek so I couldn't understand some of the stuff in the link but it didn't sound like anything in SGA.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by whatswiththehairtealc

Humans matter much more than pigs, cows, chickens and fish, for starters humans understand that they are being feed on but these animals don't.
                sigpic

Comment

Technically, humans don't really "matter" anymore than other animals. They're just another species of animal. Back before we were at the top of the food chain, were other predators somehow immoral for killing and eating humans for their own survival?

Atlantis vs. the Wraith is a simple war for survival, nothing more, nothing less. We've simply imposed our own ideas of good and evil upon it by vilifying the "other guys," who in our case is the Wraith. If we were little Wraiths, I bet we'd think the Atlantis expedition is evil because they're messing with the established order.
                  Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
                  Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
                  Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
                  Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

Originally posted by BrotherNumsey
                    pigs, cows and chickens aren't what you call sentient life forms, humans are, well for the most that is.
                    As humans view themselves superior to pigs, cows and chickens, the Wraith view themselves as superior to humans. They believe themselves to be smarter, more sentient and cooler than the humans the same way that humans view themselves to animals.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCorpulent1

Atlantis vs. the Wraith is a simple war for survival, nothing more, nothing less. We've simply imposed our own ideas of good and evil upon it by vilifying the "other guys," who in our case is the Wraith. If we were little Wraiths, I bet we'd think the Atlantis expedition is evil because they're messing with the established order.
                      my thinking exactlly. go humans!!!!
                      Get YOUR P90 Here!
                      Am i alone in hoping that the Seaquest seasons with the DeLuise brothers are finally released on dvd??

Nice hair!!

Comment

The Ori have way more similarities with the Pah Wraiths, cavern of fire, existing as wisp of flame, the ability to possess people, glowy fiery eye, telekinetic powers, an enemy with the same powers who's generally unconcerned with corporeal matters, and wanting people to worship them as gods.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCorpulent1
                          Technically, humans don't really "matter" anymore than other animals. They're just another species of animal. Back before we were at the top of the food chain, were other predators somehow immoral for killing and eating humans for their own survival?

A similar issue was raised by Zipacna in the Triad of Klorel/Skaara

ZIPACNA
                          Tell me, did the people of Abydos hunt?

SKAARA
                          Yes.

ZIPACNA
                          Do they also use animals as beasts of burden for food, for clothing?

SKAARA
                          Yes.

ZIPACNA
                          Do you also eat the flesh of humans?

SKAARA
                          No! Never!

ZIPACNA
                          Then you make judgement that animals are of lesser value than humans.

SKAARA
                          We care for our animals. We worship them, we thank them for the gifts they give us.

ZIPACNA
                          Yes, but you keep them to do your will and you kill them to survive.

SKAARA
                          When we have the need.

ZIPACNA
                          As we do with humans, when we have the need. If a human has the right to take an animal's body and do with it as he pleases because he is a superior being…then so does a Goa'uld. And by that argument alone, the Goa'uld has priority. And the host belongs to Klorel.

Just thought I would mention that
                          love Torri

Comment

Yep, Zipacna, in his infinitely aggravating attitude, put forth a similar idea. It has some very sturdy logical grounding, too. I just hated Zipacna so I'm glad he lost anyway.
                            Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
                            Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
                            Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
                            Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

I wonder where Zipacna is now - he tends to serve whoever is in power so maybe he will serve the ori
                              love Torri

Comment

Working...
                              X