A Hundred Days (317)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Selmak
    Can't believe the asteroid did destroy the gate.
    dude its indestructable...this episode was a POS a big fat steeming one....oh an asteroid hit the gate so I am gonna give up and surrender... psh no way he would have stopped diggin I dont wanna live on some dumb planEt bonin that woman. . as oppose to exploring the universe. . what were the writers thinkin..this was terrible ohh this is number one on my least favorite episodes I have nothing good to ay about this....expect I guess they can get that naquadah from them tho...it literally rains naquadah....god IHATE THIS EPISODE

Comment

I guess when the Ancients build something they build it to last.

Comment

Ok people yes I did like this one alot. It was about time Jack had some love, and yes I'm a shipper. The one thing that made me think is Teal'c and I'm sure this has been answered before, but I foregot the answer. How was Teal'c aloud to fire a harpon gun and stick it to the so called ceiling with him holden the gun on the other side? Now that Atlantis is on
        spoiler
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >?
        last week when the Puddlejumper was stuck in the gate, in order for it to materalize on the other side, the hole ship had to be in the gate, in order for any of the ship to come out, of the other side! So how does Teal'cs harpon gun materalize on the other side of the gate, if he should be in the gate?!!!

Comment

Because there is nonthing holding the front of the harpoon back. The harpoon is no different than all the engery blasts, flying debis, cruse missiles, grenades, canisters of knockout gass, trinium arrows, ect ect that had gone flying thought the gate.

Appeatnly, the gate need all the info encoded before it transmits to the other gate. If it is being held back by something, it can't transmits. So the rope that was attached to the harpoon did not provide enought counter force to hold the harpoon back and prevent the gate from transmitting the harpoon.
          Adam:"I reject your reality and subisute myown."

O'Neill:
          "IN THE MIDDLE OF MY BACKSWING?!"

Carter:
          "It took us 15 years and 3 supercomputers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth."

CARTER: You made [this]?
          ORLIN: You wouldn't believe the things you could make from the common simple idems lying around your planet. Which reminds me...you're going to need a new microwave.

Weir: You destroyed 3/4 of a solar system!
          McKay: Actually 5/6, its not an extact science.

Slashdot:
          "Well railguns are neat and all, but I'm still not joining the Army until they invent the respawn point."

Comment

I actually quite enjoyed this episode!!!

We got to see Jack away from the military. A nice change of pace.

Didn't like Laira, or the Edorans.

6 out of 9 chevrons.
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

If Laira was pregnant or not, I don't think she would've told Jack. She knew he was going to go back to his world once they established radio communication. Her hopes for a future with him were dashed in that moment when she heard Sam's voice on the radio. I feel sorry for Laira.

She wanted a child and was going to raise the child with or without the father involved. I wished they had done a follow-up because I think Jack would've gotten a surprise.

Comment

I love this episode....every time I see it! Lots of Jack and lots of angst from Sam.
                Desperate Thunker

Comment

I like this episode more and more every time I see it. When I first saw it I didn’t know much about the characters and thought it was a rip off of the Next Gen episode where Picard vicarously lives the family life of a man on a dying planet.

Now I really like A Hundred Days because it is so character driven. Watching Jack go though the stages of grief is fascinating.

As for Laira’s motivations. I think right away she knows she needs Jack’s help for her remaining people and his genetic involvement. She was likely not thinking in terms of “gene pool diversity” but anyone who works around animals would know that inbreeding is bad. So much of what she says can be seen in terms of securing Jack’s help for everyone in the village, not just her.

The moment where she hears the voice on the radio just about makes me cry. If it has just been about her feelings for Jack she could have just chucked the whole basket in the lake without fiddling with the radio’s buttons. She curious and probably thinking how could I use this thing.

Some people think Jack forgot about Sam too quickly. In context this epi was not long after Jolinar’s Memories and The Devil you Know. Sam must have seemed more distant than ever with the burden of those memories and connections to Martouf.

Finally, the number one reason I like this episode. When Jack makes it to Acceptance and hugs Laira it’s just about the best hug I’ve ever seen. His face lights up and she’s completely enfolded in his arms. Damn that’s a good hug.

Anyway, thems my thoughs on the matter. I found myself thinking about this epi all evening and wanted to share.

Comment

Ok now i liked some of this ep . it was a very good story and im not saying that it isn't but the problem i had with it is, i found it weird to see Jack in a Relationship like it was. I was happy he was in one but it just didn't seem right.
                    Try and have as much fun as you can ... you'll never know how long it will last

Comment

I liked this episode. Of all the eps of SG-1 I've been able to see, I sorta feel like they sometimes forget about the individual characters and who they are, and how they've evolved, in favor of some sci-fi event that is taking place at the moment.

This ep successfully had fun with both, and that makes Vapor a happy boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sicarius
                        Yeah, I like to forget this episode happened, lol. Brief Candle to some extent as well, mostly because the writers find Jack these sappy caricatures of femininity to develop an interest in. I think he'd be bored to tears without a woman with as much of an attitude as him.

The one cool part about this ep ws coming through the gate sideways and underground so that Teal'c had to dig his way to the surface. I just thought that was a neat idea.

Yea, the other problem is these eps are way to similar. I was thinking i've seen this ep already i swear. He can't go back and a alien woman falls in love with him. The only thing was in Brief Candle Jack get stuck on the planet because he was romantically involved with a woman and on 100 days he is romantically involved after getting stuck. But to me they are to similar still.

Comment

100 days was one of my favorit episodes. Its the one were O'nell gets stuck on the planet with all the naquadria on it. I noticed at the end when O'nell was leaving the planet that chick was holding her stomic. Did he have sex with her? They were talking about having children befor he left. I hope he didnt have a baby off world then ditch her. Did anyone eles see that or know the answer??
                          I also want to know the answer to your question! I would hope that it would get a follow-up, but so far nothing! I liked this epi.
                          "It's a blast door"

Comment

I quite liked this episode. As someone mentioned, it had great character development. I enjoyed watching Jack adapt to his new surroundings.

I can't believe Sam built a particle generator/accelerator! Go Sam! It gave me new appreciation of her brilliance, as well as her resourcefullness and hard working personality. I have such respect for Sam on every level.

I also found Sam's angst at Jack's involvement with Laira very interesting. For me, it establishes beyond a doubt that Sam has significant romantic interest in Jack at this point. I'm not a true shipper yet, but I found the blatancy of Sam's reaction to the relationship emotionally powerful.

I liked Jack's line to Teal'C: " You are one stubborn son of a gun...!" It was a good episodes for Teal'C in this respect as well -- really showed his devotion to Jack and the solidarity of the team in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                              That's true, all the 'enhancing the gene pool' and 'my (possible) baby needs a father' stuff wasn't reason enough for Laira to decide to keep Jack from the truth. It was enough to cloud and muddy her mind awhile though.

After being widowed and not finding a new life-partner for years (and in such a small community she must have resigned herself to never ever) she has now got one, and wow what a lovely feeling that must have been for her. She has dreams of wedded bliss and a new baby, and I know how heady that can be. Then the radio crackles and she can see her dream being torn apart. Her heart must have been wrenching itself within her chest, she stood to loose the dream she had been hoping for for nearly three months and had finally allowed herself to believe in. It's cruel fate.

No wonder that she delayed her action. The poor woman must have been quite numb. When you're in that much pain you don't think quite as coherently as normal, and the significance of things can be muddled. Her subconscious probably threw out all the reasons not to tell him - the gene pool argument, he's happy here why let him be uprooted again, I might have imagined it - and in her befuddled state it took her a while to straighten everthing out.

But she *did* straighten it out, and of her own accord. I still think she's selfless and lovely.
                              There have been some really good points made about this episode, this being one that actually change my perception of Laira. The first time I watched it I thought - wow what a selfish woman - she knows he wants to go home and she's always pushing him to commit to staying. But now I can look at it and see - she didn't have to tell him about the radio - for all they knew Jack was stuck there forever. But she did - even knowing it meant she would lose him.

Teal'c is such a hero in this episode - I was amazed that he would take such a BIG risk.

Comment

I love this episode. It's beautiful. Each and everytime I see it, it breaks my heart.
                                "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                                it has it's own laws and beats about things
                                which the intellect scorns."
                                - Mark Twain -

Comment

Working...
                                X