No announcement yet.

A Hundred Days (317)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woops, someone hit the wrong lighting switch...
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I like this episode - it's nice to see Jack and how he deals with having his life uprooted. It always drove me crazy that it infers he has a son out there that he doesn't know about though.
      sigpic
      signature art by lunasera

Comment

I don't think it infers anything more than a trace of hope on her part (and who says it would be a son, anyway)?

Seaboe
        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Son/Daughter - I would guess son for the dramatic element... in movies/shows the odds of her being pregnant is extremely high - she asked him for a child, they have sex and she clearly is thinking/hoping there is a child in there now - I'm picking out baby gifts
          sigpic
          signature art by lunasera

Comment

Not me. I've never thought she was actually pregnant.

Seaboe
            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I liked the episode for it's calm, nature views and all.
              I liked the astronomy bit and realism (except the non-delay meteor explosion sound..)
              I liked Laira too.

But wow is this stupid cavity stunt a plot hole.

Everybody knows sgc would have sent some tnt and reopen he gate has many times as needed to consume the crumpling ground above it until they see the sky (with a few cheap disposable rc drones carying the camera and ready to detonate charge, if not surfacing yet).

People outside would have noticed the underground work and stayed away (or even be warned by radio).
              No need to risk anyones life.

Comment

Originally posted by donald85 View Post
                But wow is this stupid cavity stunt a plot hole.
                That would have defeated Teal'c's heroic sacrifice should he have perished, to get back to their great leader O'Neill.

So yeah, one could say they would have used explosives or something that detonates on timer but perhaps they didn't want to risk damaging the gate so it could go either way, I guess.

Comment

The Questions in the end of the episode were spot on. I had many of the same questions.

Additionally, a few things were not handled well or believably.
                  1. The impact of the meteors would be devastating and not just like small bombs shown. Speeds of astronomical devices are insane and these things are traveling in opposite direction to the planet so the impact would be massive
                  2. Jack O'Neill would have easily gotten people to start digging up the Stargate and within a few hours to a day or so the entire Stargate would have been easily exposed
                  3. The whole plan with Teal'c was absolutely insane crazy and I'm shocked Gen. Hammond allowed it. Teal'c very likely could have died or suffocated since they have no idea how deep the gate was buried. Also, the first establishment of the wormhole, they would have radio'd and O'Neill would have picked up. Also how did the rope make it to other side and how did Teal'c end up properly attached on a horizontal gate?
                  4. O'Neill's radio batteries lasted far too long. 3 months? Wow. Could be possible however.
                  5. Jack also impregnates the woman so fast. He would have waited far longer imo.
                  6. Finally it seems that we have an answer to what happens if you try to enter the wrong way of an open gate - you get incinerated/vaporized as what happened to the MALP which was sent in and fell back to the event horizon. So the solution to Goa'uld problem is so simple - lure them in with a horizontal gate and watch as they emerge and fall back into the event horizon due to gravity and perish. lol... no need for IRIS as well

Comment

A hundred plotholes have now defeated the purpose of the episode...

Comment

Working...
                    X