• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Hundred Days (317)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON THREE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 317

After a meteor strike buries the Stargate, O'Neill finds himself stranded on a planet with no hope of rescue.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 February 2021, 09:55 PM.

This was, IMO, the weakest and worst episode for me, out of all seven series'.
    The first quarter of it showed great promise. But then it went downhill from there. I do not believe that Jack would go native that soon. He would have more faith in the SGC than that.
    I also wanted to see more of Sam building the supergun. One minute she's adding up numbers on a bit of paper, next she's firing the thing. I felt that too much time was spent with Jack.
    The other thing I felt was that the writers ran out of ideas at the end, and the whole thing just petered out.
    All in all, a disappointing ep. for me.
    Last edited by SeaBee; 07 June 2004, 05:50 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I like to forget this episode happened, lol. Brief Candle to some extent as well, mostly because the writers find Jack these sappy caricatures of femininity to develop an interest in. I think he'd be bored to tears without a woman with as much of an attitude as him.

The one cool part about this ep ws coming through the gate sideways and underground so that Teal'c had to dig his way to the surface. I just thought that was a neat idea.
      Fitness Buddies

Comment

Saw this again last week and found myself more sympathetic towards Jack this time around. I had liked this "Jack moves on" episode but hadn't been a big fan of him in it (if that makes any sense ), primarily because of his parting remark to Lai'ra; in particular, I had felt he had showed no appreciation for his team's devotion. However, seeing this whole episode from Jack's perspective made it somewhat less offensive.

Most of the episode followed Jack being stranded off-world and eventually, and very reluctantly, having to "fit in." An important revelation about Jack, IMHO, was that he clearly was over the most devastating loss of his life -- the death of his son. On the other hand, the simple things in life, such fishing and wood-chopping, brought him less joy than they should have, because he had no choice in the matter. When his team came through, choices became available to him and, somehow, that gave him a new appreciation for what he was about to give up. I think that's what his (paraphrase) "I am not happy to go" was all about. Yes, it would have been nice for him to stay out of the earshot of his teammates, but Jack is not exactly known for his tact.

The second viewing, however, still left me disappointed by Lai'ra's feet of clay, so to speak. Her momentary faltering at the end undid all the character build-up till that point. She was supposed to be this generous woman and a leader of her community. Yet, she would even entertain the possibility of leaving her people stranded offworld, all because she wanted to keep her man stranded here with her. IMHO, that's not the hallmark of a strong woman.
        In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by Liebestraume
          An important revelation about Jack, IMHO, was that he clearly was over the most devastating loss of his life -- the death of his son.
          It's been a while since I've seen the episode, what made you draw this conclusion? (honest curiosity)
          ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
          The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
            It's been a while since I've seen the episode, what made you draw this conclusion? ...
            It's all purely conjecture, but for what it's worth I think that people tend to deal with personal loss in one of two ways: (1) to avoid the same type of personal ties or (2) to find an immediate replacement. Seeing that Jack did not have another child right after Charlie's death, I would say that he was probably behind Door #1.

So, if the traumatic experience of losing his son were still eating at him, he would have been more averse to Lai'ra's request than what we saw. As it was, his reluctance seemed to have more to do with the sense of duty than it did anything else. Of course, that is not to say he would stop grieving for Charlie, just that he had already put that part of his life behnd him.

... (honest curiosity)
            Thanks for the curtesy. You shouldn't have to worry about it being taken the wrong way, for the enire body of your posts speak for itself. Besides, I am not (yet) ready to fly off the handle simply because someone asks an innocuous question.
            Last edited by Liebestraume; 06 June 2004, 02:56 PM.
            In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

This is a great episode. I think it's stupid how a lot of shippers hate for no reason other then they don't like Jack or Sam being with anyone else. The same people are now doing the same thing with that Shanahan guy.

Comment

Originally posted by D.C.
                This is a great episode. I think it's stupid how a lot of shippers hate for no reason other then they don't like Jack or Sam being with anyone else. The same people are now doing the same thing with that Shanahan guy.
                Can we say generalization?

I happen to think this was an ok episode. And I didn't mind Laira, she seemed like a genuinely nice and carring person, to me.

My dislike of the Pete character has little to do with my "status" as a shipper. I've listed my complaints on numerous other threads, where they are more appropriately expressed if you are at all interested.
                ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by Liebestraume

It's all purely conjecture, but for what it's worth I think that people tend to deal with personal loss in one of two ways: (1) to avoid the same type of personal ties or (2) to find an immediate replacement. Seeing that Jack did not have another child right after Charlie's death, I would say that he was probably behind Door #1.

So, if the traumatic experience of losing his son were still eating at him, he would have been more averse to Lai'ra's request than what we saw. As it was, his reluctance seemed to have more to do with the sense of duty than it did anything else. Of course, that is not to say he would stop grieving for Charlie, just that he had already put that part of his life behnd him.
                  Thanks for responding!

That's interesting, and it seems to make sense, I just never thought about it that much

Thanks for the curtesy. You shouldn't have to worry about it being taken the wrong way, for the enire body of your posts speak for itself. Besides, I am not (yet) ready to fly off the handle simply because someone asks an innocuous question.
                  I try to do that for most standalone questions I ask, just to be on the safe side
                  ~BCM =)

Comment

Can we say generalization?

I happen to think this was an ok episode. And I didn't mind Laira, she seemed like a genuinely nice and carring person, to me.

My dislike of the Pete character has little to do with my "status" as a shipper. I've listed my complaints on numerous other threads, where they are more appropriately expressed if you are at all interested.
                    I didn't say all shippers... just a lot. Just look at the fan score this episode has at GateWorld.

Comment

Just look at the fan score this episode has at GateWorld.
                      Yes, you'll also notice that "Demons" (which there isn't any 'ship in BTW) got an 8.5 and yet if we did a poll on the Forum right now, I'd bet it would get listed as one of the 2 or 3 worst for the season. (In fact I think it did on the old forum ) So I wouldn't go by the fan ratings if I were you
                      ~BCM =)

Comment

I didn't say all shippers... just a lot. Just look at the fan score this episode has at GateWorld.
                        I'm confused.. Do you mean that all the people who voted they didn't like this episode are shippers?
                        The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Makes sense to me.

Comment

I voted this ep. as worst because it was boring. I am neither pro or anti ship, IMO, if the writers decide they get together, fine, if they don't, also fine. I just found the ep. slow. I wanted to see the science behind the supergun, and felt too much time was spent with Jack.
                            sigpic

Comment

I never understand quite why Laira is so disliked. She seems really nice to me.

Of course it was wrong of her not to tell Jack about the radio... except, hang on, she *did* tell Jack about the radio. Of her own accord and without prompting. So what's the problem?

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
                              X