X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worldcon Glasgow

Is anyone else going?

8000 on this board and 5000 at the con, I can't believe there isn't some overlap.

I'm on more programme items than is reasonable, including running a bellydancing workshop, plus my friends and I are running the fan room and I'm the MC for the Masquerade on Saturday night. Then there's the Hugos on Sunday, art to be hung in the artshow...

Busy weekend ahead and have I packed yet? I've only known about the con for 10 years, you'd think that would be enough lead up time.

FF, who will be found in the fan room. Or the bar. Fancy that.
    sigpic

Well...I live fifteen miles from Glasgow, and haven't been able to find out a thing about it...so I've not bought any tickets or anything

What's it all about, and more importantly...how much is it???

BTW - I've read the diary...LOVED IT!!!!!

Currently reading Jack's too!

Lovin the sig!
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Yeah, good at advertising it, aren't they... sigh.

It's a bit expensive by now (bought my membership a couple of years ago) but their web page isInteraction, 2005 Worldcon Glasgow

Oh well, looks like just me and 5000 strangers (not true, I will know the majority of the UK fans going, I've been knocking about in fandom since 1982).

Wish me luck in the Hugos! And Stargate too, of course!

FF.
      sigpic

Comment

Good luck!

Hey...Just because I can't go to the con doesn't mean I can't meet you...fancy meeting up somewhere? If so, drop me a PM!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
          Good luck!

Hey...Just because I can't go to the con doesn't mean I can't meet you...fancy meeting up somewhere? If so, drop me a PM!
          I'd love to but I'm afraid I'm going to be a bit busy on the programme and with the Masquerade, I don't expect to leave the SCC at all, possibly I might sneak out for a meal one evening but it will be mostly work for me.

FF, tired already and I haven't got there yet!
          sigpic

Comment

lol

no probs!

If you can venture up North again though, just drop me a PM!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
              lol

no probs!

If you can venture up North again though, just drop me a PM!

Eastercon (the national SF Con) is in Glasgow next... Easter!
              I'll find the web page for you and I will be up again for that (and hopefully a bit less run ragged!)

FF, off to clip frame 20 pictures for my exhibition in the art show!
              sigpic

Comment

Hopw you're having a good time!!

Think I'll go to eastercon!!!!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Mega-Congrats Foxie on winning your Fan Art HUGO!!!!

Comment

WOW

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit - I'm decided I'm definitely going to go Eastercon...so will we set up another thread nearer the time for that???
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the congrats and the spiffing new sig, Bling.

Con was fun but I am exhausted.

Winning the Hugo was such a buzz, we stayed up until 4am and drank 5 bottles of Champagne. I won fan artist, my best friends won best fanzine, another best fan writer, another friend and her husband won best non fiction, another friend best short story and the winner of the best novel is the wife of another chum.
                      So you can imagine the celebrations in the fan bar!

Over the course of the con, the fan bar drank 97 barrels of beer - we drank THE BREWARY out of one beer!!! Impressive, even by British fannish standards, we've drunk the hotel dry before now, but never a brewary.
                      We will be having the same beer for Eastercon (we are in the same hotel) it will be interesting to see how much the Brits get through without our Antipodean, Canadian and Europian bretheren helping us.

Battlestar Galactica won best short form Hugo, I havn't seen it yet but, for those in the UK, DVD.co.uk have season one for £18 including postage so I might treat myself.
                      I made £700 in the artshow and £200 in the dealers room, which will pay for my con very nicely, thank you very much.

FF, still wiped out so off to bed.
                      sigpic

Comment

Many congrats on winning
                        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                          Many congrats on winning
                          Thank you.

This is a photo of me taken seconds after I returned to my seat, cuddling my pointy thing!

And this is myself and The Plokta Cabal (Plokta is our fanzine) all cuddling our Hugos.

FF, who really is off to bed now.
                          sigpic

Comment

Congrats Frostfox!!!!!!!!

Wow! A hugo's like the biggest Sci Fi accolade you can get!!!!

I once considered paying for space in a dealers room for my work...but it's too much of a gamble when you're an unknown.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X