This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are the Ori Telling the Truth?

Remember how when Anubis was going to destroy all life in the galaxy, he was going to be able to re-create it according to his own plans. Could some Gould-like half ascended beings from the Alterans galaxy have actually done that there? If so, then the Ori might be telling the truth with all this "We created you" talk.

well if they created us then they would of known of our existance and we would of had priors a long time ago

Comment

I mean , what if they created the people in that galaxy, not this one. Whether Earth was originally populated by people from that galaxy or not would be a whole separate question. The Ori wouldn't necessarily know about us then. Wasn't Anubis going to be re-creating life in only one or two galaxies. I am not proposing the Ori re-created life in the Universe - just in their own galaxy.

Comment

This is a point that makes me really confused so I'm going to lay out what I thought or think I know and then leave it up to anyone to please correct me or clear things up...OKAY?

My questions/issues are in parentheses...

First...the Alterans left wherever (their homeworld?) millions of years ago and ended up on earth. (Did they ALL come to earth or just some of them? If only some of them, where did the others go?)

The Alterans created the gate system. (How? And how long did it take? And was it primarily in this galaxy and then later in the Pegasus galaxy or are there other galaxies involved?)

So the Alterans lived on earth for quite awhile until there was a plague that decimated life in the galaxy. So they had to restart life in the galaxy and did so before leaving in the city/ship and flew to Atlantis...leaving behind the girl from Frozen (was she the only Alteran left or are there others to be found?)

The city ended up in the Pegasus galaxy (how long did it take to get there?) and there the Alterans lived until about 10,000 years ago when they were forced to evacuate and submerge the city. They used their stargate and returned to earth. (Did they ALL go to earth? Did some go elsewhere from Atlantis? Why did they choose to return to earth?)

So the Alterans were back on earth (through which stargate? The one in Antarctica?) and some of them stayed on earth and others left earth for another home.

The ones that stayed on earth eventually ascended, but before that, passed on their gene to their children...and they became known as the Ancients and were allied with the Nox, the Furlings and the Asgard (were they allies before or after ascending?)

The ones that left also eventually ascended (did they too have children? did they too pass on a gene?) and became known as the Ori.

The Ancients have a free will policy...complete non-intervention and the Ori believe that not finding the road to enlightenment is evil and anyone who refuses to accept their help and recognize their supposed diety must be destroyed. (did the Ancients develop their non-intervention policy as a result of the Ori? because they knew what it could mean if they did do too much for the lower level beings and didn't want to be worshipped? Didn't want to put themselves into a position of becoming like the Ori?)

Okay...now if I'm right about the above timeline of events (which I sincerely doubt), then how could the Ancients have shielded the Ori's knowledge of this galaxy and all the people here? I mean if the Ori came from here originally (and I mean after returning from Atlantis 10,000 years ago), then they'd know that there's life here...right?

Okay...chip away at my theories. Please! Set me straight because I'm missing something I'm sure.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I *think* the Alterans who didn't come to Earth, but instead stayed behind...eventually ascended and became the Ori.

After that...who knows. Perhaps after coming back to earth from Atlantis, some Ancients went back to their original home and found the Ori, and they didn't quite agree with them about how to run things and thus came back here and ascended and shielded us from the Ori whom they believed to be evil.

Comment

I think the Ori are the ones that started the plague. They were probably trying to wipe out the remaining Alterans in their home galaxy, and some of them escaped to this galaxy unknowingly carrying the plague. The Ori figured those escaping would infect the Alterans here, so they wouldn't have to go looking for them.
            The plague would have happened in both galaxies at the same time. The survivors rebuilt their civilizations with humans that were evolved over time, which explains why the humans in the Ori galaxy are at about the same stage of evolution we are.

So the Ori really did create their followers. What they're not telling them is that there were people (Alterans) around before their creation. The Ori are saying they've always been gods, and that they created the universe, blah blah blah. That's what they're lying about.
            Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
              I think the Ori are the ones that started the plague. They were probably trying to wipe out the remaining Alterans in their home galaxy, and some of them escaped to this galaxy unknowingly carrying the plague. The Ori figured those escaping would infect the Alterans here, so they wouldn't have to go looking for them.
              The plague would have happened in both galaxies at the same time. The survivors rebuilt their civilizations with humans that were evolved over time, which explains why the humans in the Ori galaxy are at about the same stage of evolution we are.

So the Ori really did create their followers. What they're not telling them is that there were people (Alterans) around before their creation. The Ori are saying they've always been gods, and that they created the universe, blah blah blah. That's what they're lying about.
              Wait...but didn't Daniel read in Avalon 1 that the Alterans came to earth and then built the stargate system and that from something else he read he came to believe that there were other Alterans that left afterward? (sorry...Shanks talks so dang fast it's tough to catch what he said)...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                Wait...but didn't Daniel read in Avalon 1 that the Alterans came to earth and then built the stargate system and that from something else he read he came to believe that there were other Alterans that left afterward? (sorry...Shanks talks so dang fast it's tough to catch what he said)...
                DJ reveals in Avalon I that the Alterans came from another galaxy, and when they got here they built stargates, yes.

I'm not sure what you're asking beyond that.

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

DJ reveals in Avalon I that the Alterans came from another galaxy, and when they got here they built stargates, yes.

I'm not sure what you're asking beyond that.
                  Well remember he got all excited thinking about Ancients that he believes exist in another galaxy...so something he read made him believe that some of the Alterans left (at some point that I'm not sure of) and are out there ready to be found.

We now know of course that the ones that left (or at least SOME of them) are the Ori.

Comment

Well remember he got all excited thinking about Ancients that he believes exist in another galaxy...so something he read made him believe that some of the Alterans left (at some point that I'm not sure of) and are out there ready to be found.

We now know of course that the ones that left (or at least SOME of them) are the Ori.
                    Ahh, ok. Incoming quote:
                    Originally posted by Avalon II
                    DANIEL: It's much, much more than that. We know the Ancients left our galaxy for Pegasus and returned later when they lost the war to the Wraith, but what happened to them?

LANDRY: I thought they ascended?

DANIEL: Some did, that we know of. But what if the others went home? Even if they didn't, the book I read suggested that the Alterans left a civilization behind.

LANDRY: And your point is?

DANIEL: My point is that we haven't met a single, living Ancient who was willing to share their knowledge freely with us, and there could be an entire advanced civilization of them out there somewhere in another galaxy! I mean, isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go out and meet new races? Gather advanced technology? Possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
                    The ancients did leave a civilization behind, and they became the Ori. Anybody that didn't follow the Ori died or was chased out of their galaxy.

The Lantians returning from Pegasus apparently also traveled there, otherwise they wouldn't have had an ancient-made intergalactic communication device or the two communication stones either.

Comment

What he read was that the Alterans left their home galaxy, so he speculated that there might still be Ancients from where the Alterans came from. The Ori never were in the Milky Way, and are either the creators, or a split from the Alterans. Actually it seems more that the Alterans split from them.

Comment

Ahh, ok. Incoming quote:

The ancients did leave a civilization behind, and they became the Ori. Anybody that didn't follow the Ori died or was chased out of their galaxy.

The Lantians returning from Pegasus apparently also traveled there, otherwise they wouldn't have had an ancient-made intergalactic communication device or the two communication stones either.
                        Okay so either the Alterans left earth and returned home to their home galaxy (which still confuses me because they still would have known that there were people on earth) or the Alterans mentioned in the book never got to earth and were those that were left behind when the first set of Alterans came to earth millions of years ago etc?

So the entire civilization of Alterans left behind could be the Ori and the Ancients are the Alterans who stayed in our galaxy and ascended?

Am I close?

Comment

Okay so either the Alterans left earth and returned home to their home galaxy (which still confuses me because they still would have known that there were people on earth) or the Alterans mentioned in the book never got to earth and were those that were left behind when the first set of Alterans came to earth millions of years ago etc?

So the entire civilization of Alterans left behind could be the Ori and the Ancients are the Alterans who stayed in our galaxy and ascended?

Am I close?
                          Ok, here's the deal:

Alterans were advanced humans from another galaxy.
                          The Alterans learn to ascend, and the Ori religion is created.
                          Alterans leave their home galaxy and come to the Milky Way and build gates.
                          Ori kill or drive away all Alterans remaining in their galaxy.
                          The Plague happens in the Milky Way, wiping out most Alterans.
                          The survivors build Atlantis and start calling themselves Lantians.
                          Atlantis leaves the Milky Way for Pegasus.
                          Atlantis seeds worlds and builds gates in Pegasus.
                          Lantians discover the Wraith.
                          Wraith kick Lantian's buttocks.
                          Lantians leave Pegasus to return to Earth.
                          Some Lantians decide to remain on Earth.
                          Some Lantians decide to explore the Milky Way.
                          Some Lantians decide to return to the Alteran's galaxy.

That pretty much sums it all up.

Comment

Okay so either the Alterans left earth and returned home to their home galaxy (which still confuses me because they still would have known that there were people on earth)

The Alterans would know that there were people on Earth, yes, but that doesn't mean the Ori would. As I understand it, the Ori ascended after some of the Alterans left for our galaxy and before they returned to their galaxy. These returning Alterans would have known about human life on Earth but may have managed to avoid sharing this knowledge with the Ori or their followers. The Ori may not even have been Alterans before they ascended. Perhaps they were originally a warlike race that conquered the Alterans and used the knowledge they stole from them in order to ascend? But even if they are Alterans, this ascension did not occur until long after the Alterans who came to Earth left that galaxy. So they would not know what the Alterans who came here knew unless those Alterans told them. And it appears that they did not tell them.

Comment

The Orii are not telling the truth - they are just evil
                              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                              love Torri

Comment

Working...
                              X